Starz has announced plans to pay tribute to Spartacus: Blood and Sand star Andy Whitfield, who died last Sunday at age 37 of non-Hodgkin Lymphoma.
The network will showcase five of the late actor’s standout episodes from the series this October, including both the premiere and finale. The mini-marathon begins at 9/8c on Sunday, Oct. 2.
Additionally, Starz is set to re-air the entire season of Spartacus: Blood and Sand on December 16, 2011.
In more of today’s TV news:
• Make It or Break It actress Nicole Gale Anderson is set to appear in the Nov. 1 episode of The CW’s Ringer, and only TVLine has exclusive details on the role. The actress will play Monica, an uppity, upper-east side friend of Siobhan’s step-daughter Juliet who gets into trouble at a party. If you missed Ringer the first time around, the pilot reairs on The CW this Friday at 8/7c and again on Monday, Sept. 19 at 9/8c before resuming its regular schedule on Tuesdays at 9/8c.
Popular on TVLine
• True Blood‘s Carrie Preston will reprise her role on CBS’ The Good Wife this fall as Elsbeth Tascioni, a member of Peter’s legal team last seen in Season 1, per The Hollywood Reporter.
• Fred Savage is set to direct and guest star (as himself!) in an episode of the second season of ABC’s Happy Endings, per EW.com.
• Sara Rue (Less Than Perfect) will play a quirky new neighbor of Timothy Omundson’s Lassiter on the upcoming season of USA Network’s Psych (premiering Oct. 12), EW.com reports. Lou Gossett Jr. (Stargate SG-1) appears in the same episode, which finds the detective moving into a seemingly cursed new condo.
• Snoop Dogg is currently shopping around a multi-camera family sitcom in which the rapper-actor would star as the father, Deadline reports.
• Unsupervised, an animated comedy from the writing team behind It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (Rob Rosell, Scott Marder, and David Hornsby) has received a 13-episode order from FX, set to bow in January.
• Warner Bros. has teamed with Romeo & Juliet Couture to create a Gossip Girl-inspired clothing line, set to launch this fall. The pseudo-Upper East Side wardrobe is timed to The CW series’ fifth season premiere, airing Monday, September 26, at 8 pm.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?