Eriq La Salle is going back to the hospital this fall — as an esteemed colleague of A Gifted Man.
The ER vet has booked a multi-episode arc on CBS’ new medical/medium drama as a neuropsychiatrist, per The Hollywood Reporter. Fun fact: The gig reunites La Salle with Gifted Man showrunner Neal Baer (Law & Order: SVU), who was an exec producer on ER back in the day.
A Gifted Man premieres Friday, Sept. 23, at 8/7c.
Exclusive: SVU Alum Joins A Gifted Man
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Henry Thomas (yep, the kid from E.T.) will appear on CBS’ The Mentalist this fall as the bounty hunter brother of Robin Tunney’s Teresa Lisbon, TVGuide.com reports.
Lie to Me‘s Kelli Williams Makes Date With The Mentalist
• Eric Winter (Days of our Lives, The Mentalist) has been added to ABC’s midseason comedy Good Christian Belles in the recurring role of the “black sheep” brother of Kristin Chenoweth’s Carlene — and a possible love interest for Leslie Bibb’s lead character, Deadline reports.
• Gilmore Girls alum-turned-Necessary Roughness star Scott Cohen has landed a three-episode arc on ABC’s Pan Am (premiering Sept. 25), EW.com reports. He will play a potentially skeevy exec at the titular airline company.
Does ABC’s Pan Am Enjoy a Smooth Take-Off? Our Fall TV First Impression
• ABC’s Happy Endings has nabbed The Daily Show correspondent Larry Wilmore for a guest spot/possibly recurring role, Vulture reports, as the boss of Damon Wayans Jr.’s Brad.
Happy Endings Cast Previews Season 2′s Very ‘Wrong’ Halloween Adventure
• Switched at Birth‘s Vanessa Marano will appear in an episode of CSI this fall as the estranged daughter of an ex-con (played by The O.C. alum Johnny Messner), per The Hollywood Reporter.
• History’s The Hatfields and McCoys has added True Blood werepanther Lindsay Pulsipher as the daughter of Bill Paxton’s Randall McCoy, per The Hollywood Reporter.
• Well, that was fast (no euphemism intended): Showtime will premiere Season 2 of Gigolos on Thursday, October 20 at 11/10c.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?