The actress will guest-star on an episode of Fox’s new, Zooey Deschanel-starring comedy this fall as a wedding guest who catches the eye of Max Greenfield’s female-challenged Schmidt, E! Online reports.
Cassidy’s other TV credits include Supernatural and the short-lived Melrose Place reboot.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Daytime darling Susan Lucci will co-host a special hour of The View that will pay homage to All My Children on Sept. 23, the sudser’s ABC broadcast finale date. Per TVGuide.com, Pine Valley faves Cameron Mathison, Rebecca Budig, and Vincent Irizarry will appear, as well as AMC creator Agnes Nixon and some surprise guests.
Popular on TVLine
• Big Brother evictee (and real-life fashion model) Cassi Colvin will guest-star on an October installment of CBS’ The Bold and the Beautiful as — what else? — a runway-walker named Cassi who helps show off a new fashion line, per TVGuide.com.
• Jimmy Kimmel Live will pay tribute to the late Frank “Uncle Frank” Potenza with a tribute show set for Tuesday, Sept. 6. The special episode wil highlight Uncle Frank’s greatest JKL moments, which include interviews with Kermit the Frog and Tom Cruise, and will feature a visit from his dear friend, comedian Don Rickles. Potenza died in August at age 77.
• Details surrounding Kal Penn’s new NBC project have surfaced: According to our sister site Deadline, the House alum will play “a key assistant to the U.S. ambassador” in a workplace comedy set at the United Nations.
• The Sopranos vet James Gandolfini is reteaming with HBO to exec-produce and potentially star in Big Dead Place, a comedic drama based in Antarctica, Deadline reports.
• In Renew/Cancel land, Bravo has ordered a second cycle of Pregnant in Heels, while VH1 tells The Hollywood Reporter it has no plans to bring back Audrina Patridge’s Audrina for a sophomore run.
• What happens when country-fried American Idol Carrie Underwood and legendary crooner Tony Bennett team up for a duet on the Season 2 premiere of CBS’ Blue Bloods (airing Sept. 23)? EW.com has a peek at the magic here.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?