Seventeen days have come and gone since Ricky Gervais’ rousing Golden Globes hosting gig, and people are still talking about it. Correction: Ricky is still talking about it, but at least now we have a clearish answer as to whether or not he’ll reprise his duties at the 2012 Globes.
Thanks to a colorful installment of Ricky’s online diary, we’ve learned that “the organizers have asked [him] back for a third year” — pretty shocking after the post-show uproar this time around! But as of now, Ricky’s on the fence… and leaning towards no.
“I don’t think I should,” writes the funnyman. “I don’t know what I could do better. I certainly couldn’t get more press for them, that’s for sure. You know me. Two seasons is enough.” So there you have it. Kind of.
Here’s what else is happening in TV today:
• Season 12 of Dancing With the Stars premieres Monday, March 21 on ABC. Who will they cast this time around? Who’s “the new Bristol”? We’ll find out on Monday, February 28, during The Bachelor.
• The Kennedys has (finally!) found a home, The Hollywood Reporter says. The troubled miniseries will premiere on April 3 on the ReelzChannel.
• Chris Messina joins the cast of Damages, per EW.com, as a soldier who just so happens to be a high school friend of Rose Byrne’s Ellen.
• Did Glee castmembers really apologize to Lindsay Lohan for their Gwyneth Paltrow-episode rehab jokes? TMZ says it’s true and that the cast offered their ‘I’m sorry”s at a restaurant run-in Sunday night.
• Gossip girl Blake, Modern woman Sofia and Mad Men‘s Jessica Paré, oh my! These TV beauties are just a few of AskMen.com‘s 10 most desirable women.
Any TVLine Item faves today? Fill us in below in the comments!