What to Watch Tonight

Rizzoli & Isles No. 100, DNC Feels the Bern, Guilt and More

On TV this Monday: Rizzoli & Isles goes undercover for a milestone episode, Drew Barrymore gets snowed in with an Odd Mom Out and Michelle Obama and Bernie Sanders kick off the Democratic National Convention. Here are 10 programs to keep on your radar:

• PBS, CBS, NBC, ABC and others
    Democratic National Convention

Night 1 speakers include First Lady Michelle Obama and Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders. (Watch FLOTUS’ Carpool Karaoke; CBS, NBC, ABC begin coverage at 10.)

• NBC
    American Ninja Warrior

The top 30 competitors from the city qualifier vie for a place at the Las Vegas finals by tackling the Salmon Ladder, the Hourglass Drop and the Circuit Board.

• Freeform
    The Fosters

The family throws a ’70s-themed party for Lena; Aaron and Callie attempt to find a witness in Kyle’s case; Lena’s mom (recurring guest star Lorraine Toussaint) expresses concern about Stewart.

• TNT
    Rizzoli & Isles

Episode 100: Jane goes undercover as a county jail inmate to find the culprit behind a grotesque murder. Sharon Gless (Cagney & Lacey) guest-stars.

• Lifetime
    Devious Maids

Genevieve interferes in Marisol’s life; Rosie inches closer to discovering Peri’s real killer; Kyle and Zoila are subjected to unpleasant surprises.

• Freeform
    Guilt

Luc refuses to give up his story that he was with Grace all night; Grace and Roz work together to plant evidence on a new suspect.

• TBS
    Angie Tribeca

Tribeca and Geils connect a Coast Guard member’s murder to Mayhem Global. (Good news, folks.)

• TNT
    Major Crimes

An English journalist threatens the city’s tourism industry after a pair of British honeymooners are attacked; Rusty’s biological mom tries to make amends.

• Lifetime
    UnREAL

Rachel has trouble getting past an incident with Darius; Quinn tries to manage a set gone awry; Chet receives attention from an unlikely source.

• Bravo
    Odd Mom Out

Jill and Andy assume they’ve found the perfect couple friends (played by Drew Barrymore and Daily Show vet John Hodgman) when trapped inside by a blizzard.

1. MMD says:

R&I
    DVDs, Netflix, iTunes
    Going into week 2 of my break with politics, mass shootings and terrorism

• I should follow suit and take a break from the news.

• I do not, nor have I ever watched the news. Too depressing. If something worthwhile is happening, someone will tell me.

• MMD says:

@JosiahBartlet4President – it really makes a difference especially when you are a news junkie like I am. Since I can’t escape your politics on the Canadian News Channels either, I simply watch the clips from the comics the next day. It is the only way I can keep my sanity these days because I was only getting more and more stressed. I highly recommend that you give it a try.

2. Boiler says:

Rizzoli and Isles is it. TVLine would love to see you interview someone who will actually talk about why TNT’s most popular drama ending.

• Same reason that Harry’s Law was cancelled. Too many old viewers, not enough 18-49 year olds.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Oh boy, here we go…. Now you’ve done it…. [Stepping away slowly]

• herman1959 says:

Yup. Memo to Snazzy Britches: You need to know who you’re replying to. Sorry Boiler, but don’t let it ruin you’re day.

• johnhelvete says:

I think that is only part of the reason. While Rizzoli does skew older, it does have the highest demo average for the TNT dramas this summer. Rising costs after season number 7 (the current and final season) are likely a huge factor as well, neither lead is under contract after this season. That does not include the cost of paying the supporting actors more money.

• It’s past its prime. The show hasn’t been nearly as good since Lee Thompson died.

• Boiler says:

All that I can say to that is that 3.5 to 4 times as many people think R&I better than much of the new stuff TNT has.

3. Joey Padron says:

UnReal and The Tonight Show.

4. haldrey says:

Major Crimes
    Rizzoli & Isles
    Braindead
    The Making of the Mob: Chicago

5. peterwdawson says:

Usual dose of Angie and UnREAL but really interested to catch some DNC stuff, especially if anything crazy happens due to the email leaks and such (besides the chair stepping down of course).

6. Lyn says:

So basically it’s crime shows tonight. R&I, DNC, Major Crimes. I’ll watch R&I and skip the other two.

7. Barbara John says:

The Fosters, Rizzoli and Isles, Major Crimes. (But first I have to accompany my fourteen year old ASD child to see that most teen and grown up film, Ice Age: Collision Course,)

8. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

Rizzoli & Isles
    Major Crimes
    Angie Tribeca
    Conan

9. Mickey Lane says:

Will watch the Dem convention, Rizzoli and Isles, Major Crimes, and will tape, The Fosters, and Devious Maids.

I hope another channel or Netflix or Amazon pick up Rizzoli and Isles, too good to just get canceled.!!!! We aren’t all between 27 and 40. We buy products too.

10. Kevin In CT says:

I’m so going to miss R&I. I would gladly donate $500.00 to Angie’s favorite charity if she would just call me and read the phone book or a take out menu to me for a few minutes!!

11. isaaedi100 says:

Will NOT be watching the DNC just like I did NOT watch the RNC…. but then again I will watch Samantha Bee and Stephen Colbert tonight! Lol