Exclusive

In Legends of Tomorrow Deleted Scene, Amaya Learns Where Mick Sleeps

Legends of Tomorrow‘s Amaya discovers where her most rough-and-tumble crewmate sleeps — care to hazard a guess before you press play? — in this deleted scene from Season 2 of the CW series.

Excised from the pre-crossover episode “Outlaw Country,” the clip above finds Amaya assessing Mick’s quarters before unwittingly inviting him on a “vacation” of sorts. The duo’s fun dynamic is set to be further explored when the timey-wimey superhero drama returns on Tuesday, Oct. 10.

As showrunner Marc Guggenheim told TVLine during our Fall Preview Q&A, “One of the things from last year that worked very well and we’re carrying forward is we’ve always really enjoyed the relationship between Amaya and Rory — the woman with animal powers who sort of controls the beast.”

The scene above is among the extras to be found on the DC’s Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete Second Season Blu-ray and DVD sets, available Tuesday, Aug. 15.

Legends of Tomorrow Video: Cast, EP Tease
Funny Season 3 Premiere, ‘Stranger Things Episode’

1. Stacey says:

They really missed the opportunity of pairing up Amaya with Mick. It could have been Captain Canary 2.0. Instead placing her with Nate is like Ray and Kendra 2.0.

• T.W.S.S. says:

I thought they were dropping hints of this pairing in the Feudal Japan episode, but nothing ever came of it. The Nate pairing was safe and predictable.

• Heather says:

It already is like Captain Canary: A woman who deserves better suddenly being written OOC to glorify an abusive thug who thinks he’s entitled to her. Only thankfully Amaya wasn’t made to reward Mick’s behavior with a kiss like poor Sara had to do for Leonard.

• Stacey says:

What show are you watching, obviously not the same one as me. And Sara has stayed true to herself, she didn’t become weaker by kissing Snart, it was in the heat of the moment kind of thing. Plus, Snart redeemed himself multiple times over, same with Mick and Sara. Don’t forgot that Sara is no angel either. Also, want to talk about OOC, how about Amaya staying with Nate despite what it means to her future daughter and granddaughter. At the start of the season she was completely opposed to it but now it’s fine. I’m glad that she is staying, but have to point out how she has regressed since getting with Nate.

• ndixit says:

I dunno. While Snart sort of has the personality to be believable in a romantic flirtation, I think Mick is better if he isn’t burdened by romance. I don’t mind that relationship with Amaya being platonic. I wish they would spend more time with Mick and Ray instead of Ray and Nate. I prefer the ying yang relationship of the former over the twin nerd relationship of the latter.

2. JCPrime says:

Thanks Matt. I love Mick/Amaya. I’ll always wish she was with him and not Nate.

3. Joey Padron says:

Good deleted clip from the episode. I can’t wait to see more scenes with Amaya and Mick in the new season!

4. Dominique says:

still don’t understand why they went with nate/amaya instead of mick/amaya. these two seem to have a very natural chemistry and the potential of any storyline between is sounds much better.
    plus, i like nate much better when he’s around sara or ray.

5. Frank dean Pesti says:

Mr. Garber I hope the writers don’t take away your daughter in TV show I like her character you can change anything you want but don’t take take away your TV daughter

6. Frank dean Pesti says:

Mr. Garber please talk to the writers about your TV daughter don’t don’t take her away she’s not apparition to me I like her character

• Stacey says:

I like her too! It’s nice to have a female scientist, like Caitlin on The Flash. It’s also cool to expand Martin’s SL further!

7. Her chemistry with Mick is way more interesting and believable than with Nate. Whether it’s romantic or partners in crime they make for a compelling duo. They need to pair them up more. Just like how Nate and Ray go well together. I’d like to see more Prof and Sara too.

8. Mo says:

Have to agree with everyone about Mick/Amaya & Mick/Ray. He makes anyone next to him interesting and fun. Whereas boring Nate makes them even more boring. So of course we get Nate/Amaya & Nate/Ray. Luckily the best part of LoT is Mick & he’s suck-proof against these nimrods.