Fall TV Preview
Law Order SVU Brooke Shields Cast Season 19

SVU Adds Brooke Shields in Season 19

You want to know what gets between Brooke Shields and NBC’s long-running sex-crimes procedural? Nothing.

The actress has been cast in a recurring role in Law & Order: SVU‘s upcoming Season 19, NBC announced Friday.

“I play a very different character from any I have ever played,” Shields said via statement, adding, “I’m excited to stir the SVU pot a bit.”

Per the network, which is keeping quiet on most details about the role, Shields’ character will “shake up Benson’s world.” Earlier in August, the series added Chicago Justice‘s Phillip Winchester to the cast roster; he’ll play Peter Stone, his character from the defunct Chicago spinoff, who just happens to be the son of the original Law & Order‘s Benjamin Stone.

Shields’ TV resumé includes gigs on Lipstick JungleThe MiddleThat ’70s Show, Army WivesSuddenly Susan and Nip/TuckSVU returns on Wednesday, Sept. 27, at 9/8c.

1. DS says:

She will probably play Noah’s aunt or grandmother and wants to adopt him.

2. Lexi from W says:

Gay gay gayyyyyy. F’ing finally.

3. padraicjacob says:

I like this news. Like Brooke

4. PatriciaLee says:

The husband thinks it might freshen things up a little. He has moaned and groaned through the year that Benson still has no partner after Danny Pino left. BTW, we both want SVU to bring him back. Those were the husband’s favorite viewing years.

5. Fishdancer says:

A singing Brooke Shields also played Raul Esparza’s love interest on stage in the LA pre-Broadway try out of the musical, Leap of Faith.

6. Martin says:

I hope she’ll still have time for one final guest star role on The Middle before it closes ours doors for good

• Marie58 says:

I was going to say the same thing! :) Please let us have one more Rita Glossner appearance. She’s my favorite Brooke Shields character to date.

7. Paula says:

Guess this might explain why her Hallmark Channel mystery movie series came to such an abrupt end. But I’ve loved her best as Rita Glossner on The Middle. Definitely want to see her reprise that role in my favorite show’s final season!

8. dsawall says:

If she is Olivia’s blood relative, that would shake up Benson’s world!

9. Mark says:

I wonder if this means we won’t be getting any more Flower Shop Mysteries over on Hallmark Mysteries and Movies.

10. JaneC says:

Some guesses: villain of the season (like William Lewis or related to him?), or Benson’s new boss, or new DA, or related to Noah’s biological family and now wanting to claim him back. I don’t think she’ll play a long-unknown/lost relative for Benson since they’ve done that with Simon already.