Nashville Season 6 Premiere Date

Nashville Sets Season 6 Premiere

New year, new Nashville.

The country-music drama will return for Season 6 in January 2018, CMT announced Thursday after the Season 5 finale.

But given the events of the Season 5 finale, will there even be a Highway 65 record company when Juliette, Deacon & Co. are once more on our screens? “There is a chance that Highway 65 will survive,” showrunner Marshall Herskovitz told TVLine in a finale post mortem Thursday, “but they’re still facing the same kind of real difficulties record labels face these days.”

Watch the Season 6 teaser video below, then hit the comments with your predictions for next season!

1. Shaun says:

nice,just a short break.

2. Sam says:

Oh boy, don’t tell me Juliette runs away again!

3. Rook says:

So I only watched a couple of the beginning episodes of season 5. Was it good, should I binge the rest or let it go?

• Jim says:

Yeah, despite the loss of Connie, in many ways it was the best season of the show yet. This show was always at war with itself when it was on ABC, over whether it was a primetime soap or a heartfelt drama. Well, other than some of the Scarlet/Gunnar nonsense, the heartfelt drama side has completely won out. And the core characters are as strong and dynamic to watch as ever. Chip Esten in particular has been turning in a very nuanced, very carefully delivered performance. I mean it was basically all on his shoulders as to whether we, the viewers, would accept the show without Rayna, and personally I think he 100% sold us on it.

• Douglas from Brazil says:

The problem with ABC is that the network turn a good drama on a soapy that’s why they’re losing viewers.

• Gabby says:

CONTINUE TO BINGE !! I can’t wait until January 2018!!!

4. Nicole Mucalo says:

Love Nashville its one of my favs.

5. Kim Leece says:

Nashville has gone from strength to strength this season and in my opinion it is better than ever. Charles Esten is an amazing Actor and has made this show even better than before. Lennon and Maisy have grown into such taleneted young Actresses and Singers and i love everything about this season. I think it’s better now since Connie has left.

• ellajasper says:

I agree with you, it is better since she left. We are seeing more depth to all the characters. Charles Esten has really done an excellent job. His scenes with the girls are wonderful. They seem so real. I don’t think we needed some of the newbies brought in this year. Build on the characters you have and give them more screen time, especially Hayden and Jonathan. Those two can ACT!

6. Alex says:

Can we get new writers for season 6? This was the most boring season of the show ever. I thought we’d see more of Juliette this season. She is supposed to be the star of this show right? What a waste of Hayden’s talent. I wouldn’t be surprised if they announced next season as her last.

Scarlett and Gunnar are they together are they not. Who cares anymore. They have completely ruined the chemistry between these two characters. I’d rather they break up for good and go their separate ways.

Is Avery still on this show? Is Will?

I don’t want to see the Maddie & Daphne show. It is not what I signed up for.

• Frances says:

Well said it’s exactly how I feel and while I love Deacon these last few episodes have proved that you can have too much of a good thing. For me to bother coming back to watch S6 I need more Juliette & Avery and a lot less Scarlett & teens.

• Gabby says:

Scarlett and Gunnar are very much like alot of couples . This season has been on the realistic side and not overly dramatic. I started this show about 8 months ago and binged. But this season was definitely a favorite

• Sandra says:

Could not agree more! Love to see more Juliette and Avery. Honestly I am tired of Scarlet.. Gunnar should get somebody a bit spicy :).

7. I assume Season 5 will be on DVD in the fall then. I also hear Season 6 will be 5 episodes shorter.

8. Debbie says:

Can’t wait to see season 6. Even with Connie Britton out of the show, it still rocks!! Since the new writers took over it s more interesting and keeps the audience to want to keep watching. Look forward to watching it every week, my favorite show on primetime. Connie was an awesome actress and great chemistry with “Deacon” but the show has gone on without her. Looking forward to watch season 6 and many more!!

We love you Nashville!!

9. Keith Dale says:

Why can’t Scarlett go the way of Rayno James? She gets on my nerves.

10. Ron says:

I am 70 years old and LOVE that show. Keep fikming.

11. Jonathan says:

1- highway 65 will continue
    2-deacan and Jessie will happen
    3- the teaser with Juliette ? No clue
    4- the music will continue to be good and dare I say more country?
    The show is way better without Connie as much as I like her.

12. Jeanne johnsey says:

Love the show. I agree with comments about Scarlet. Don’t want her gone, but it’s time for her to grow up. She’s been through too much, done too much, and had too many men in her life to still be so bewildered by it all.

13. Jeanne johnsey says:

Yes. I want to see other comments.