Emmys
Emmys 2017 Supporting Actor Comedy Nominees

Emmys 2017 Poll: Who Should Win for Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series?

Is another Donald Trump victory on the horizon? (The POTUS might not be bragging about this one as much, though.)

This year’s Emmys race for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series is a wide-open field, with three previous winners in the mix, including reigning champ Louie Anderson from FX’s Baskets. But if we’re predicting a victor based solely on pop-culture buzz, the frontrunner has to be Alec Baldwin for his scathing parody of President Trump on NBC’s Saturday Night Live. (It also helps that Baldwin is a two-time Emmy winner from his years as Jack Donaghy on 30 Rock.)

As for the rest of the field: Tony Hale has won twice in this category for playing Selina Meyer’s loyal manservant Gary on HBO’s Veep, and his castmate Matt Walsh is nominated, too, for the second straight year. Tituss Burgess is back with his third nod for Netflix’s Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt… and don’t forget about Modern Family‘s Ty Burrell, who’s clutched Emmy gold twice in this category on seven prior nominations.

Are you pulling the lever for Trump (or Baldwin’s version of him, rather)? Or has another very funny candidate won your support? Vote for your favorite in the poll below, then hit the comments to defend your pick.

Every day for the next three weeks, we’ll be posting another “Who should win?” poll, so visit TVLine.com each day to weigh in on who deserves TV’s most prestigious honor. (For a complete list of this year’s nominees, click here.)

1. Shawn says:

Tituss’ work in the Lemonade parody was funny, heartbreaking and strangely poignant. I’m sure that’s the episode he submitted and I hope it’s enough to warrant Emmy gold.

2. T.W.S.S. says:

UKS’s third season had problems, but Titus’s “Boobs in California” and general Titusness were great.

3. Simon says:

Titus was the best part of this seasons UBKS, so he def deserves it. If he has to lose, I’d rather he lose to Louie than Alec because I feel Alec should be in the guest actor category, even though I know there are rules about screen time.

4. Jimmy says:

They’ll probably give it to Baldwin, but Burgess is long overdue for this award.

5. Ron says:

Baldwin had really good moments, but, in my opinion, he didn’t earn the Emmy. This should go to Burgess. Personally, I thought he should’ve won for season 1. Season 2 rolled around, and based on that season, I feel like he rightfully lost the Emmy. But he should win for season 3. So many great Titus moments. I also wouldn’t “lemonade” my TV if Tony Hale wins. (Somewhat of a side note: Am I the only one who is greatly attracted to Tony Hale? Because everyone I know thinks I’m crazy…)

6. Ronnie says:

Sadly, Alec will win because his role is the most high profile. Tituss is the most deserving, but who knows if Emmy voters will even look at his work. They did surprise with Louis Anderson last year, but I’m not optomistic.

7. Me34 says:

Louire Anderson was even better than the first season and delivers both in the drama and comedy department. Titus Burgess manages to be so damn hilarious hilarious with the stupidest and unfunniest lines (it takes such a talent to do that). If there’s a category that really needs a tie is this one.

8. Sam says:

Titus hands down, we weren’t super excited about this season of kimmy Schmidt but it was such a delight. Titus was funnier than he’s ever been and the lemonade episode still makes me tear up.

9. VeepFan says:

Should have been Timothy Simons #bitter lol

Titus or Tony Hale forever and always

10. Hipper says:

Tituss or Alec. But Timothy Simons should’ve been nominated for Veep.

11. Guy says:

Alec Baldwin is fine but to me he’s not even as great as Trump as Darrell Hammond was. He’s gonna win because he’s Alec Baldwin and his performance was so high-profile. But Titus Burgess deserves it more than anyone.

12. Leesa says:

Alec Baldwin should win. Alec was really funny and over the top.

13. Daniel says:

Matt Walsh really needs a win for playing Mike at some stage

14. dsrbroadway says:

Alec will win because really nothing this past year has been bigger in pop culture than his Trump impression. But in an ideal world, it would be Tituss’ year.

15. Rex the Wonder Dog says:

Kunal Nayyar

16. Jake says:

Louie Anderson for that Denver episode. He had me in stitches. Amazing performance week after week.