World Dance Finale Les Twins

Ratings: World of Dance Finale Delivers 9-Week High, 70% Disagreement

NBC’s already renewed World of Dance finished its freshman run on Tuesday with 8.3 million total viewers and a 2.0 rating, rising 19 and 22 percent to deliver its largest audience since Week 2 and its best-since-premiere demo number.

In a  TVLine poll, 70 percent of readers disagreed with the outcome.

Opening the Peacock’s night, America’s Got Talent (13.1 mil/2.7) ticked down just a bit week-to-week, dominating Tuesday in both measures.

The nights only other fresh broadcast-TV fare, ABC’s Somewhere Between (1.5 mil/0.4) dropped some eyeballs while ticking up in the demo.

Want scoop on any scripted TV show? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Shaun says:

Only 70 percent disagreed?shameful.

2. Eli Oberlander says:

I don’t know why the judges were so in love with the twins. I wouldn’t have put them through from their audition. Eva should have won.

3. Vijay says:

The show should have been called: “Which Dancer(s) Does Jennifer Lopez Want to Give the Prize Money To”. Everyone has been saying it was rigged towards The Twins and that proved correct. They never should have made the finals. The wheelchair dance was inspiring but you don’t judge on inspiration, you judge on actual dancing and they clearly fell short in the semis. I won’t watch Season 2 unless they move away from the biased judges and an absurd unfounded scoring system deciding on a winner and place it in the hands of fans.

• AD says:

So glad I was not the only one who didn’t think the Twins were rigged. Good heavens when they been Keone and Mari (yes I spelled that wrong) I was stunned. Their Fred & Ginger Story was amazing!!! SHESH they got the first 100 of the season.

4. Diane says:

Eva should absolutely have won. The twins were interesting, that’s it. Not sure I would have even had them in the finals.

5. mary says:

People should know when it’s up to the judges to make the decision, anything goes. Afterall it comes down to their opinion. There’s only 3 of them. I am not going to waste my time next season. It’s a terrible format, & boring as he**. They have 1 hour & they spend too much time with one of the judges having a “heart to heart” with them. If you’re going to do the mentor thing, then each judge should at least be a dancer. I get J Lo being a judge, it’s her show, but NeYo?

6. Temperance says:

I didn;t care for the show at all. And the 70% disagreement illustrates why.

7. Dini says:

I agree that Les Twins shouldn’t have made the finals. I know there are other opinions but I don’t think jerking and twitching is in the same ballpark as the graceful, fluid elegance of what Eva did. I knew the judges would give it to Les Twins based on their reputation and not to a 14 year old. Eva is amazing!!

8. AngD says:

Okay so I see I probably won’t watch this show next year. They disregard actual dancing for tricks. Fiktion did a gorgeous routine with an umbrella and they let him go. The married couple did a beautiful routine that told a story, gone. Thank goodness SYTYCD is still around.

9. Fran says:

Hardly a “world’ dance competition. i was disappointed with the show overall, including the winner. will not watch season 2.

10. Cynthia says:

I like Les Twins a lot. Eva I go should have won! I enjoyed the show even though the judges got it wrong.