Game of Thrones Ratings Season 7 Episode 4 The Spoils of War

Ratings: Game of Thrones Episode 4 Sets New Record, Despite Leak

Game of Thrones most recent episode treated the series’ previous viewership record like Drogon treated the Lannister army Sunday: complete obliteration.

Despite the episode leaking online ahead of its airdate, Season 7’s “The Spoils of War” grabbed an audience of 10.2 million, our sister site Deadline reports. That bests the previously most watched episode of the series — the current season’s premiere, “Dragonstone” — which drew 10.1 million.

A stolen copy of Episode 4 first appeared on Reddit last Friday. The leak originated from the series’ Indian distributor Star India, a subsidiary of 21st Century Fox, which later confirmed the authenticity of the pirated copy. The leak came days after HBO itself suffered a data breach, which was not related to the leak but which included a detailed synopsis of the Episode 4 script.

1. peterwdawson says:

Given how epic the episode ended up being could the leak have actually helped?

• I think for sure that’s what happened — people wanted to watch that dragon in HD!

• I believe it did. Word of mouth got around about how good the episode was so more people wanted to watch it same day rather than PVRing.

• Game of Thrones episode on August 6th was fantastic. It was a bit drawn out in beginning I liked the cave scene with the paintings on the wall but best of all the Lannister army scene when the REAL rightful Queen came riding on her child dragon from that point on my hands were clenched I loved the dragon scene burning Lannister army to a crisp and my body tensed up when the big spear went zooming off towards the dragon , her so proud on his back I squished up my eyes wanting to see, not wanting to see if the dragon fell to earth. I felt tears running down my face. No,No don’t kill off the dragon and my Queen! And loved when first thing she did was get off and tried to get the spear out then the incestious fool rushing towards them I wanted him to get it good but alas showed him sinking down,down, down, what an episode. Aplus guys!!!tvline.com to you saying I’ve made comment before pisses me off I never made a comment on this or any website I take it you don’t accept everyone’s comments.

2. datdudemurphy says:

such an epic episode.
    There was no way this wouldn’t break records.

3. Kevin Tran says:

Episode 4 of GoT was the best so far this season and I’m wondering if the fiery battle scene was even better than Battle of the Bastards.

• DarkDefender says:

I think from a production standpoint, The Loot Train Attack tops Battle of the Bastards (and all other battles so far). From a pure story/symbolic standpoint, the Battle of the Bastards is still #1 for me.

• maggie says:

Rankings of GoT battles IMHO:
      #1. Battle of the Bastards
      #2. Hardhome
      #3. Spoils of War (Loot Train Attack)
      #4. The Watchers on the Wall
      #5. Blackwater

• Nelly says:

Battle of the bastards..will probably always be number one

• Cyndi says:

I respectfully disagree. For me, nothing has topped Hardhome. Battle of the Bastards was great especially from a cinematography standpoint. That battle was art on screen, but I just felt so much more invested with Hardhome. You knew Jon was going to beat Ramsay one way or another, but I felt the real fear of them not reaching the boats on time in Hardhome. All around this show produces excellent episodes of entertainment and we all will have our favorites. I can’t wait to see where they take these last 9 episodes of the series.

4. yuka says:

Enjoyed episode 4 very much. Danys’ next dragon ride is to destroy Eurons fleet!
    If Jon is really half Targarean, maybe He’ll ride a dragon before the series ends!

5. Game of Thrones episode on August 6th was fantastic. It was a bit drawn out in beginning I liked the cave scene with the paintings on the wall but best of all the Lannister army scene when the REAL rightful Queen came riding on her child dragon from that point on my hands were clenched I loved the dragon scene burning Lannister army to a crisp and my body tensed up when the big spear went zooming off towards the dragon , her so proud on his back I squished up my eyes wanting to see, not wanting to see if the dragon fell to earth. I felt tears running down my face. No,No don’t kill off the dragon and my Queen! And loved when first thing she did was get off and tried to get the spear out then the incestious fool rushing towards them I wanted him to get it good but alas showed him sinking down,down, down, what an episode. Aplus guys!!!

6. tvloverSA says:

Remember HBO India remembers!