Aisha Tyler The Talk Video

Aisha Tyler's Final Day on The Talk: Watch Her Emotional On-Air Goodbye

Aisha Tyler has talked her last Talk.

Friday marked the actress’ final day as a co-host of CBS’ daytime hit; she initially announced her plans to leave in June.

“A lot of what I want to say to you guys, I’ve said to you when we weren’t on camera,” Tyler told her fellow panelists during the show. “Because while being out here with you guys and everybody at home has been such a gift for all these years, the treasure of this show is my friendships with you guys. That is something that I could never have expected when I walked through the door here, but I do remember that first day and that first week when I was here how special I felt and how comfortable it felt. I knew that this could be a home, but I never imagined in a million years that it would be this magical of a place.”

At this point, all of Tyler’s co-hosts — Julie Chen, Sharon Osbourne, Sara Gilbert and Sheryl Underwood — were fighting back tears, some more successfully than others.

“Life is a mystery, and it remains a mystery,” Tyler continued. “You just wake up everyday trying to do your best work and do the best that you can for your friends and be the best person you can be. But the thing that I’ll take with me from this show is how all of you made me … want to be a better woman and a better friend.”

Tyler became an official co-host in 2011 during The Talk‘s second season, following the departures of Leah Remini, Holly Robinson Peete and Marissa Jaret Winokur. Despite her other commitments — including hosting The CW’s Whose Line Is It Anyway? and voicing a character on FX/X’s Archer — Tyler has remained at the table ever since.

Hit PLAY on the video below to watch Tyler’s official sign-off, then drop a comment: Who should replace her?

1. webly3 says:

Love Aisha! I hope her directing career goes well

2. Jessika says:

The person who needs to get fired from the show is the awful, rude, overly loud Sheryl Underwood. Some of her comments have crossed so many lines and anyone else would have been fired. Bring back Holly Robinson so she can replace Sheryl.. Carnie Wilson would be a good replacement for Sheryl.. Sheryl just does not fit in with the other women on that show. Instead of filling Aisha’s vacancy just have guest hosts. Best wishes to the very smart Aisha.

• Evelyn says:

It is a shame that one has to find something wrong with a talk show co-host.Can’t we all just appreciate a real woman? Is Sheryl just too real for some? Being judgemental does not prove you to be the bigger person. Sheryl has served for her country and has an extensive college background. She is the epitomy of a woman. I happen to know she loves the Lord ! And there are no replacements. Sheryl is not going anywhere anytime soon ! Thank you Evelyn

• Evelyn says:

Sheryl is to real for some people, that just can’t face the truth, get over it, real women like Sheryl can’t help but tell it like it is, the truth isi what God love😇

• Leesa says:

Evelyn, real women conduct themselves with more class than Sheryl and don’t say things that are rude and insulting and offensive to a lot of people. Also a lot of real women love God and are college educated and have served their country , so while you must be her biggest fan , you are wrong to defend her awful behavior. Bring back Holly, bring Carnie Wilson, Marissa , or just about any woman that is not like Sheryl. Aisha Tyler had class and was smart and was very well spoken and well mannered and she deserves much happiness .

• Ida Doggett says:

Amen well said Evelyn thank you.🙏🏽😊

• Lola says:

If Sherly goes I won’t watch the show!

• Carol says:

I stopped watching when they brought Sheryl on. Might try again if she goes.

3. Teresa says:

Will miss her so much but glad I can still see her on Criminal Minds.

4. bob cobb says:

Get rid of Gilbert. Bring back Remeni, Holly Peete. Much better back then.

5. Kevin Tran says:

Aisha Tyler will definitely be missed as co-host of The Talk. Who should replaced her once the new season begins come September?

6. Shirley says:

Her replacement should be a woman maybe Carnie Wilson

7. Carol says:

Would love to see Sheryl leave

8. joanne morrison says: