Good Fight Season 2 Tazel

The Good Fight's Erica Tazel Exits as Series Regular Ahead of Season 2

A partner is departing The Good Fight‘s law firm.

Erica Tazel is leaving the CBS All Access legal drama as a series regular, according to The Hollywood Reporter, ahead of the Good Wife spinoff’s second season, set to debut next year. In Season 1, Tazel played attorney Barbara Kolstad, a name partner at law firm Reddick, Boseman, & Kolstad, which Christine Baranski’s Diane Lockhart joined to start the series.

RELATED Audra McDonald Joins The Good Fight as Series Regular in Season 2

Tazel, who played deputy U.S. Marshal Rachel Brooks on FX’s Justified and guest-starred last week on NBC’s The Night Shift, could possibly still return to The Good Fight as a guest star. Her exit follows a number of high-profile promotions: Audra McDonald is joining Fight as a series regular next season, reprising her Good Wife role as Liz Lawrence, and Michael Boatman (Julius Cain) and Nyambi Nyambi (Jay Dipersia) have been upped to series regulars as well.

Will you miss Barbara on The Good Fight? Give us your early Season 2 predictions in the comments.

1. EJ says:

After the first few episodes where she had a certain feistiness the character ended up a total blank.

2. ragnar51 says:

Hoping Carrie Preston comes back for a tour again.

3. webly3 says:

I’m sad that she’s leaving as I would have loved to see her developed more, but oh well at least Audra McDonald is coming on.

4. I liked her but the character needed to be better defined.

5. Kate says:

I enjoyed her as an actressand thought she had a lot to offer but was very much under utilized. I thought her character could offer balance and a interesting undercurrent of power if she being used properly.

6. abz says:

Her character was pretty underdeveloped so I’m not really bummed about this. I would have been open to them developing her character more next season, but it is what it is and I’m pretty interested in seeing Audra MacDonald reprise her role.
    —-
    And while I’m enjoying The Good Fight, I hope they don’t do too much of the repetitive law firm drama and in-fighting or if they do it, at least make a little different than TGW. Yes of course the drama needs some of it, but The Good Wife has already done a lot of that with the many, many, many partner changes and law firm name changes. So I hope we get to see something a little different.
    I was always a little bummed that they dropped the whole Diane becoming a judge storyline. I feel like it could’ve had a lot of potential. And it might be interesting to see the balance of lawyers and the judges perspective too. Diane definitely needs more focus next season because after all she is supposed to be one of the three leads. And of course more Luca please.
    I’m still holding out hope that they can convince Julianna Margulies to guest star at some point in the show’s run and I’d love to get an update on Kalinda and Cary too.

7. Tracy288 says:

No, she didn’t really fit.

8. :-) says:

I’ll miss her. She’s a wonderful actress they just didn’t use her well. When they gave her a chance she held her own with Christine and DelRoy. I hope she lands somewhere soon. Loves her on Justified also.

9. sandie says:

Liked carrie preston n matt perry on the show.