General Hospital Tyler Christopher Leaving

Days of Our Lives Casts General Hospital Alum Tyler Christopher in Mystery Role

One of Port Charles’ longtime residents is relocating to Salem.

Tyler Christopher, who played Nikolas Cassadine on ABC’s General Hospital, is joining the cast of NBC’s Days of Our Lives in an as-yet-unspecified role, EW.com reports. Christopher is said to have begun filming last week, with his on-screen debut not expected before the end of the year or early 2018.

Christopher, who in 2016 won his first Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series, originated the role of Laura Spencer’s firstborn son back in 1996. After taking what was meant to be a brief hiatus from GH in May 2016, contract negotiations crumbled, and his exit was made permanent last September.

Since vacating General Hospital, Christopher starred in the Lifetime movie The Other Sister. Previous TV credits also include ABC Family’s The Lying Game, as well as episodes of CSI, Crossing Jordan and JAG.

Will you tune in for Tyler Christopher’s eventual Days debut?

1. A.D. says:

This sucks…way to go ABC!

2. Erika says:

I don’t watch GH, but I know the name well.

I bet with Louise Sorel returning to play Vivian, we’re looking at the new face of Nicholas Alamain…

I wish they’d just bring back Victor Webster to play him as before, but I guess Tyler Christopher looks younger…

3. I hate the new Days story line with the doppelgangers and was about ready to quit but maybe Tyler will inject some new, much needed plots. Great move.

4. My God could be playing the new EJ ?

5. Kevin Tran says:

Really going to miss Tyler Christopher on GH after an amazing run as Nikolas Cassadine (RIP). Can’t wait for his new gig on DAYS.

6. Eric7740 says:

Well, I’d much rather he go back to GH, because that’s where he’s needed. But thanks to Ron Carlivati for bringing him back to daytime. And yes, I watch DAYS, I just prefer GH.

7. Wrstlgirl says:

Hmmm, was really hoping we’d get Nicholas back on GH but happy to see him back on TV in some capacity.

8. Diane Auger says:

It S _ _ is , Fans want him back on GH . When he won the oscar it went to his head and wanted more money so GH said NO. Fame and Greed does that to people. Still want him back , needs to be more Humble

• Tom says:

He got a Daytime Emmy.

• grazelled says:

We don’t know went on between ABC and TC but ABC has a rotten track record lately for the way they treat actors. Pretty sure from what I’ve read TC wanted more time to do other projects and that was the major sticking point. Several actors on GH have that option as part of their contract, if he got an Emmy that should give him leverage. For the last few years, GH executives have done their best to destroy long-time characters.

• Skeptic says:

I saw Wally Kurth (GH Ned) on a different network soap just yesterday, even though Ned will be back. It’s surprising Tyler couldn’t get a similar deal of doing two soaps at once. Maybe he just hates the current GH writers. They werebad writers at OLTL, and are ruining GH, too.

• grazelled says:

WK is recurring on both soaps, TC probably wants the stability of a contract which doesn’t allow him to be on both soaps like it would if his characters were recurring.

• grazelled says:

BTW, Tristan Rogers although not seen as often, is also recurring on Y&R and GH even though his fans have wanted him to be contract on GH for years because he’s recurring at least we get to see him as Robert occasionally because he’s not on contract with either soap.

9. Mary says:

Good for him I guess. Don’t watch Days but I guess GH and him couldn’t come to an agreement so he walked. Happens often in daytime. You know I really don’t miss him on GH, which I Thought I would, so kudos to him for getting a gig.

10. Diane says:

This does suck that Christopher goes to another soap. He should be back to GH. I never have watched Days of our Lives. Never will!!

11. deehar38 says:

This sucks Christopher goes the another soap. It should be GH. I have never watched Day of our Lives and never will.

12. mikw says:

Nicholas Alamain or Alexander Kiriakis?

13. Sarah says:

I’ve always been GH’s biggest fan, but have been so disappointed since Tyler left. I’ve never watched ‘Days’ but I certainly will now if Tyler is going to be on.

• brown b.l says:

Nice to follow an actor you really like.
      Years ago, I watched Maurice Benard on All My Children. He was so darn cute back then, even though he was kind of a pimp….I have still adorned him all these years as Sonny on GH.

14. Thomasena Williams says:

He will be playing Alexander Kiriakis.

15. Diane Cohen says:

I know nicholas will come back to Gh. As he wouldnt be happy with the other soap.

16. Diane Cohen says:

17. Dennis says:

My bet is on Alexander Kiriakis. And I think he’s a perfect fit.
    Days is going to be so good in the upcoming months.

• Linda Kestner says:

I keep waiting for a suddenly all grown up Johnny DiMeara to turn up. But that would be quite an age stretch (even though stranger things have happened!)
      I didn’t know Vivian was returning….I seem to remember someone mentioning
      Alexander on the show recently.

18. Leanora Hall says:

Yes I will I watch days every day

19. Tina Cameron says:

Great I love seeing him in movies. Think he’ll be a great addition to Days

20. Jules says:

Everybody’s gotta do what’s right for them. He’s a good actor and deserves better than ten minutes a month, which is the most anybody who isn’t Sonny, Carly or Jason gets on General Mob Hotel. I hope he gets a great character and makes some serious money.

21. Beth says:

Nope. One monkey doesn’t make or break the circus.

22. Dottie says:

Screw Days of Our Lives! General Hospital will always be the Best🌟🌟

23. Lisa says:

Adding 2 people from Prison is stupid and boring. Hate to stop watching the characters is love just because of stupidness.

24. Kathy Brooks-Thompson says:

Days will hopefully take good care of him…Congrats Christopher !!

25. Audra Williams says:

Please come back to General Hospital to help Spencer he needs you

26. Sandra Noflin says:

I don t care if they never bring Nichols back.

27. Sandra Noflin says:

I don’t care if they never bring Nichols back to GH.

28. Bill says:

I started watching Days because Kassie Depaiva (Blair from OLTL was joining the cast because she’s actually a good actress)….Her career was unfortunately short lived…I got hooked and I honestly don’t know why other than the fact that it occupies a few hours of the week.. The acting is the worst I’ve ever seen especially from the long time actors (Steve and Kayla are horrendously bad as is Marlaina, John and Roman)… The younger peeps like Abby , Chad, JJ, and Joey are all good (as are Victor, Brady, Nicole and Eric) but I honestly sit some times and say why am I watching this crap??? Pay your people better and keep the better actors around.(such as Tyler) I’d be willing to bet it pays off…

• maggie says:

Kassie DePaiva took a leave of absence from Days because she came down with Acute Myeloid Leukemia. She’s doing well and will be back on the show in October.

29. Jimmy says:

I could see him playing many different character. Chief among them: Peter Blake. If not, then maybe Nicholas Alamain or Alexander Kiriakis.

30. Carmella armenia says:

I think he should be back on it and yes I would watch it for sure I liked him and his role

31. Nora Wilt says:

I was so looking forward to a Nickolas, Spencer reunion! Now it will never happen,at least not with the same actors. Looks like the darling actor who plays Spencer is leaving again anyway,but I hope they keep bringing him back from time to time. Maybe they will rethink their decision not to rehire Tyler Christopher when they realize how much we miss him. (Yeah, right!)

32. Dani says:

If Ron Carlivati doesn’t want to waste the casting of such a great actor, he would cast him as a DiMera. That way it would give him longevity on the show without his character going stale. He can portray EJ’s long lost brother, another spawn of Stefenos’. They could have Chad ask Abby about her life while she was faking her death. The truth about that scheme can finally come out and it can be revealed that she met someone met someone. The reason that she didn’t tell Chad she was alive and had no intentions of stayings after she found out JJ was alright was because of the man in life. But her plans because he broke things off with her. We learn that the man in question will be the character that Chistopher Tyler will be playing, who will turn out to be Chad’s long lost brother.

33. Keni k stone says:

This is a great move on #days part. I’m happy. #GH has become a mess. Why doesn’t ABC see that Frank and those writers has destroyed this show. I stop watching #GH. That was my New Year’s resolution. So congratulations Christopher Tyler.😘

34. Cyndi says:

No want him back on gh

35. Denise Smith says:

No. He is nikolas cassadine. Bring him back to gh

36. Elaine Griffith says:

Tyler Christopher needs to return to General Hospital. It’s just not the same:-(

37. Jude says:

No, I watch only GH. They shot down my other 2 I watched.

38. Tony says:

Strong rumours he is playing Nicholas Alamain.

39. Leatrice Simpson says:

I want him back on G H I love Tyler

40. I hope he likes being in jail… because of the beyond laughable shoe-string budget, that depressing dark grey “office” set gets soooo much mileage, he’ll feel like he’s in a cage, whether it be Dr. Daniel’s office, or Club TBD office, or Horton Center office. Always the same stupid 2 doors side by side & furniture *barely* altered (that cheap-ass Staples cherrywood particle board desk & black leather chair!!) to “trick” the audience “Ohhhh… That’s Marlene’s hypno-office!” F**k! Invest in a green screen (left side wall) so you can at least superimpose a picture window w/ different window casings & outside scenary!! This show is {{embarrassing}}!!

41. Tamela Kerneghan says:

Lets go out to dinner😊

42. Maryann Chavez says:

We need him back on General Hospital he is a good actor.

43. I love him on General Hospital he’s a good actor I like watching him he is good with the kid and his son

44. Julia Fruth says:

Absolutely he looks like nice eye candy and I love days and watch it all the time

45. Michael says:

Wow great casting choice , Days is on a roll. Now if NBC-Universal/Sony could throw some more cash their way they could up production values a bit

46. Vaida Carey says:

Will definitely tune in for Tyler on DOOL! GH and Days are my soaps and he would be excellent! Can’t wait!

47. Michele Moore says:

Please explain why ABC ran a promo (with Tyler Christopher) for GH during an add for Nebraska Furniture Mart yesterday, Thursday, August 10, 2017 during the T.D. Jakes show?!
    Please explain why and how that happened and who is responsible for that enormous blooper! Isn’t that false advertisement since Tyler is no longer part of the GH cast and is currently filming for DOOL?! That promo was very misleading and dissapointing for Tyler’s fans!