Midnight, Texas

Ratings: Midnight, Texas Dips in Week 2, The Bachelorette Up vs. JoJo's 'Tell All'

Midnight, Texas delivered 3.3 million total viewers and a 0.8 demo rating in Week 2, dipping just 8 percent and one tenth from its premiere. That said, NBC notes that the 0.8 marks the second-highest rating for any broadcast drama this summer so far.

Opening the Peacock’s night, American Ninja Warrior (5.9 mil/1.4) hid a 5-week audience high while steady in the demo.

Elsewhere on the night….

ABC | The Bachelorette (5.7 mil/1.5) ticked down week-to-week but improved on last season’s “Men Tell All” special (5.1 mil/1.4). To Tell the Truth led out of that with 3.8 mil and a 0.8.

FOX | So You Think You Can Dance (2.64 mil/0.7) hit a season low in audience while flat in the demo; Superhuman (1.8 mil/0.5) was steady with its finale.

THE CW | Hooten & the Lady (920K/0.2) matched last Thursday’s numbers.

CBS | The debut of CBSN’s newsmagazine did 2.8 mil and a 0.4.

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Wrstlgirl says:

I had to google Hooten and the Lady. Never heard of it.

2. Larc says:

MT 0.8 this week, ? next week. It very likely hasn’t finished falling yet.

3. Television says:

I love Hooten and the Lady and Midnight Texas!!! Really great shows!

4. Shaun says:

Midnight Texas doing pretty well.It could get repetitive real quick though.Also weird how different they made it compared to the books.

5. Able says:

I’m loving Midnight Texas. By no means is it the best thing on television but I like the cast, it’s entertaining, even the silly parts, and fun for the summer. I hope it pulls through!

6. Max says:

Is it yet clear if there will be a second season of Hooten and the Lady in the UK?

• ScottJ says:

It was still up in the air a week or so ago. Sky haven’t cancelled it, but they haven’t announced a second season either. The cast have been reported as saying they would like to do more, but its also been reported that the producer didn’t seem to be interested. I suspect its a fairly expensive show, and Sky will be taking international sales into consideration.

7. NP20 says:

My 12 year old and I love midnight Texas

8. Erica says:

I watched Midnight Texas this morning. Sometimes 10pm late!

9. I love Midnight Texas. No way those other shows can be higher in the ranking.

10. Juju says:

Sounded interesting until I looked it up and saw the subject of the show. Knew l wouldn’t care for it.

11. I stay up to watch the priemier of midnight texas, but this week I watched it the next day on Hulu. Sure hope I was counted cause I wonder how many other people did the same?

12. Glenn says:

I miss it on Mondays but watch it on Hulu or the Network site when its available the next day on Roku. Far superior to True Blood. Love the show, characters and actors.

13. Julie Medley says:

I like Midnight Texas so don’t you dare take it off the air now that I have gotten into it.