Comic-Con
The TVLine Podcast Comic-Con 2017 Blind Item

The TVLine Podcast: Our Fave Comic-Con Moments (Including a Blind Item)

Don’t be fooled by our professional exteriors, TVLine readers: Underneath it all, this site’s editors are a raging bunch of superfans, and we get as excited about our favorite shows as you do about yours.

So at the end of three long, fun, jam-packed days of interviews and panels at this year’s Comic-Con, Editor-in-chief Michael Ausiello and staffers Andy Swift, Kimberly Roots and Vlada Gelman got together for a quick post mortem on what we’d seen, heard and fanboy/girl’d over during our time in San Diego.

Among the topics of discussion: a larger-than-life Arrow reaction, a long-time-in-the-making Outlander interaction, a highly anticipated Supernatural event and a once-in-a-lifetime Originals moment.

Plus: We relate a blind item about the cast of one of your favorite shows, a moment we just happened to witness over the course of the ‘con.

Press PLAY on the widget below to listen in — and don’t forget to subscribe at iTunes to catch up on past TVLine Podcasts and ensure that you don’t miss the next one!

1. Cory says:

no comment

2. Lars says:

*cough* Supergirl cast *cough*

3. CC says:

This blind will most likely never be resolved, so what’s the point of sharing? I doubt TVLine would expose any cast like this.

4. Brian says:

What was the blind item? I haven’t had a chance to listen to the podcast yet!

• Kelly says:

If I heard correctly, because I had the podcast on in the background, a couple of members of a certain cast were yelling at each other right before they were going to be interviewed by TVLine. They managed to pull it together before the interview, but it made for a very uncomfortable room, to say the least. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

• PatriciaLee says:

Well, actors have their emotions primed and ready to go all the time, and they have to because you never know what the director is going to want it any moment.

• jj says:

maybe you could use that excuse on set but not during an interview.

• PatriciaLee says:

I ran by a professor a professional’s real life reaction to an actor’s flying off with ‘anger’ about something in life off set. The prof was head of a dept, having done lots of real life real world stuff, and was quick and definite with reproach over what he considered an ongoing, general indefensible lack of tolerance to “someone who can capture and hold a room of 600.”, meaning actors in general. I will always remember that moment. He made me see the actor’s tool, and that we, who enjoy it and profit by it, can’t have it both ways.

5. Trisha says:

“It was a little uncomfortable … and it explained a lot.” I wonder what it explained? Have there been rumors of a cast not getting along, or behind-the-scenes/casting drama?

• dansue says:

I thought the same thing. Very cryptic but it also sounds like a show with previous issues.

Also, if anyone saw those videos, are there any with a cast looking uncomfortable?

• Based on videos alone, my money is on Eliza Taylor and Lindsay Morgan from The 100. They didn’t seem engaged at all when the other was speaking and Eliza even interrupted Lindsay when she was talking. It appeared as though they were too people just barely tolerating each other. None of the cast seemed that interested and we didn’t really learn anything new. It was basically just a word-for-word repeat of last year. Almost as though everyone just wanted to get out of there and do their one-on-ones interviews.

• dansue says:

Interesting, thanks for looking! Are there still Batgirl rumors about Lindsay Morgan? Haven’t heard anything after the initial rumors came out.

6. Helpful Not Hurtful? says:

I really love TVLine, but honestly, the “Blind Item” here–and there have been others in similar tone, occasionally, in previous posts–makes me disappointed. I love all the amazing behind-the-scenes scoop you guys provide us with, but the gossipy, tabloid fodder is upsetting. I don’t know what show you’re referring to, but no matter what show it is, tearing people down and adding fuel to fires that already exist is not helpful in any sort of way. Nothing good came from that story, and I don’t see how it was in any way helpful or relevant in the entirety of what was–until then, and after then–a really lovely conversation with fun insight. Just my two cents.

7. jerrired says:

I don’t get why some people are assuming this is supergirl? Can someone explain, I haven’t heard much about tension on set…there are a lot of shows that this could be.

• Derek says:

Because of the “and it explains a lot”. Mehcad Brooks James Olsen was dropped as a love interest out of the blue last season and completely sidelined.

8. Terrier says:

I don’t know but.. that ORIGINALS-interview was pretty awkward.

9. "A" says:

Julie Plec and Joseph Morgan or Daniel Gillies come to mind for some reason.

• Lynn says:

He explained the Originals panel, they were crying because they just found out it’s the last season. He also said they were a little loopy because it was late in the day. If they didn’t get along would they all be crying that it’s near the end?

• I think it’s possible that they would still be crying. It’s not just about saying goodbye to your colleagues. The end of a show means saying good bye to the world and characters also. Particularly when you’ve embodied a certain role for a long period of time, it’s hard to say goodbye. I’m sure there were at least some good moments with the cast also. Even if you hate someone, it can still be sad to look back at the times when everything was innocent and pure before things got nasty.

10. Christine says:

How has no one suggested the Riverdale cast? That interview was incredibly awkward and tense.

• Wooster182 says:

They had their hands all over each other. Bette and V appeared to be frenemies but they seem pretty close.

11. Lysh says:

I’ve only watched all the CC interviews that interested me, so not all of them, and I have no guesses about the Blind Item. I don’t mind the TVLine crew sharing about it, though. Just sharing an awkward experience without completely spilling the tea. SDCC seems like a fun and tiring time! Thanks again for the podcast! I love it.

12. BeHumble says:

I think I finally cracked the blind item mystery the show I’m guessing is star trek discovery.