Game of Thrones Season 7 Episode 7 Theon Yara

Game of Thrones Recap: Storm Warning

Need to catch up? Check out our previous Game of Thrones recap.

There’s a storm a-brewin’ on Game of Thrones, with Daenerys Stormborn plotting her quest for world domination… but is her ship sunk already?

Read on for the highlights of “Stormborn”:

DRAGONSTONE | Amid a massive downpour, Daenerys lays out her gameplan with the help of Tyrion and Varys, who assures her that Cersei’s pretty well hated throughout Westeros. Daenerys questions his loyalties, though, since Varys quickly turned on her father to support Robert Baratheon: “What kind of a servant is that?” Varys defends himself, claiming he’s on the side of the people, but she warns him: “If you ever betray me… I’ll burn you alive.” (Fair enough.)

Then Daenerys receives a surprise visitor: It’s Melisandre! The Red Woman doesn’t want to make any more prophecies, but she tells the Mother of Dragons “I believe you have a role to play… as does another.” Yep, she means Jon Snow, who Melisandre says has united the houses in the North. She advises Daenerys to take a meeting with him, and Tyrion agrees, thinking he’ll make a “valuable ally”: “Jon Snow has more reason to hate Cersei than you do.” Daenerys agrees to invite Jon to Dragonstone, but as his “Queen” to “bend the knee.” (He’s getting a lot of those bent-knee commands lately, isn’t he?)

VIDEOS Game of Thrones Stars Pick Their Favorite Scenes to Film So Far, From Big Battles to Bathtubs

Yara and Ellaria Sand, along with Lady Olenna, push Daenerys for immediate action, but Daenerys has a more indirect plan of attack: surround the city of King’s Landing, cutting off Cersei’s troops from food and supplies. Tyrion lays out the plan, with Grey Worm and the Unsullied attacking Casterly Rock, and the ladies fall in line, but Olenna later warns Daenerys not to be a “sheep” in trusting Tyrion. And in case you were missing the nudity so far this season: Missandei visits Grey Worm before he heads off to war, wishing him “good fortune.” He professes his love to her, calling her his “weakness,” saying he’s never feared anything before… but now he fears losing her. Cue the steamy pre-war lovemaking session!

We almost see some more action between Yara and Ellaria, with the latter promising a “foreign invasion” (!), but they’re interrupted when their boats comes under fire. It’s Euron’s fleet, with his ship ramming right into Yara’s, setting off a gory hand-to-hand battle. It’s a valiant fight, but two of the Sand Snakes are murdered, with a third and Ellaria taken hostage. Yara and Euron face off in mortal combat, and he eventually gets the better of her, holding a blade to her throat and beckoning Theon, aka the “cockless coward,” to come and save her. But Theon just goes into catatonic Reek mode and jumps overboard. He’s left to float alone in the sea, surveying the flaming carcasses of his once-mighty fleet.

Game of Thrones Recap Season 7 Episode 2WINTERFELL | Jon gets the raven from Daenerys, written by Tyrion. Sansa thinks it’s a trap, but Davos thinks they might need her dragons’ fire to melt the White Walkers. And the ravens are really racking up the frequent-flyer miles this week, because Jon also gets that note from Sam telling him about the mountain of dragonglass sitting underneath Dragonstone.

Jon tells his troops what he’s learned — he said the name “Daenerys” aloud, guys! — but he faces a revolt when he suggests teaming with a Targaryen to defeat the Night King. Sansa voices her concerns again, and Lord Yohn Royce insists “a Targaryen cannot be trusted.” Even Lyanna Mormont wants the King in the North to remain in the north. But Jon says part of being king means protecting his land from enemies, and that means making allies. He leaves Sansa in charge before heading off to meet Daenerys.

Littlefinger likes that decision, to be sure, and he pulls Jon aside later, trying to win favor with the new king. But when he suggests Jon would be dead if it weren’t for him and adds, “I love Sansa, as I loved her mother,” that doesn’t sit well: Jon strangles him, warning him, “Touch my sister, and I’ll kill you myself.” (Is anyone keeping track of all the death threats this week?)

THE CITADEL | Archmaester Marwyn examines Jorah, whose greyscale is spreading all over his body like poison ivy. He could live another ten years like this, Marwyn says, but his mind will be gone in six months. Sam suggests he could be cured the way Shireen was, but Marwyn insists it’s too far advanced. He gives Jorah a day before he ships him off to live his final days with the Stone Men.

Sam says he may have found a greyscale cure in a book he read, but Marwyn tells him the book’s author died… yep, of greyscale. But Sam persists, secretly rolling a cart of medical herbs and pastes into Jorah’s cell. He offers the knight a swig of rum and a strap to bite down on before agonizingly slicing off the grey scales, one by one. (Never thought we’d say this, but: Can we go back to the bedpans?)

KING’S LANDING | Cersei’s found a new possible ally in her war against “The Mad King’s daughter”: Sam’s dickish dad Randyll Tarly! Cersei spins tales of Daenerys feeding noblemen to her dragons in Essos to win the allegiance of Randyll and the Lords of the Reach. Randyll’s a little concerned, understandably, about the three full-grown dragons, but Qyburn assures him: “We are currently at work on a solution, my lord.” And Jaime dangles the title of Warden of the South in front of Randyll’s nose to seal the deal.

So what’s this “solution,” you ask? Qyburn takes Cersei down into the bowels of King’s Landing to see a massive dragon’s skull: “If they can be wounded, they can be killed.” He unveils a massive crossbow that, when triggered, can fire a massive spear through a dragon’s eye.

ARYA ON THE ROAD | In a roadside pub, Arya runs into her old pal Hot Pie, who’s a little stunned by how, um, mature she seems. (She doesn’t look like a boy anymore!) She swigs some ale and announces her plans to go to King’s Landing to pay Cersei a visit… until Hot Pie tells her Jon Snow took Winterfell back from the Boltons. A change of plans (and a family reunion), perhaps?

Later, alone in the woods with her horse, Arya hears a noise and grabs her sword. Suddenly, she’s surrounded by a fierce pack of wolves, all baring their teeth… including one supersized direwolf. Arya is stunned: “Nymeria?” She lays down her sword and asks the wolf to come with her to Winterfell for the Stark reunion. But the direwolf just walks away, along with the other wolves. Hmmm… has this wolf been too wild, for too long, to ever be tamed?

Got thoughts on tonight’s Game of Thrones? Drop ’em in a comment below.

Ready for the next episode? Read the Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 3 recap here!

1. Sam says:

Poor Theon. Now we know Yara is obviously the gift from Euron to Cersei.

• wwtbd12 says:

I think it’s more so Ellaria. The woman who murdered her daughter.

• ABG says:

I’m already dreading the torture scenes coming. The Shame nun might have gotten off easy compared to Ellaria. Cersei is truly vicious, and specially after last season.

And this is coming from someone who disliked the entire Dorne plotline and characters, minus Oberyn obviously.

• Jillie says:

I think it’s Ellaria. Cersei wouldn’t give a hoot about another Greyjoy. Yara’s dead I think. Ellaria, on the hand, the woman that murdered Cersei’s daughter would make a good gift

• Neil Vaughan says:

She would care about the destruction of an enemy and her fleet that was going to ferry her other enemies around!

• Jillie says:

Sure, but that’s not the gift he promised to return with. Euron’s men retrieved Elliara from the ship for a reason and they didn’t kill her while slaughtering eberyone else for a reason. His purpose was to bring E back. The fleet was icing on the cake

• Yebs says:

Wasn’t the body hanging from the bow of the boat Yara while the body speared right above it Ellaria’s? We saw them in a wider shot and then Theon looking up at the end.

• A girl says:

It was Ellaria’s stepdaughters, the eldest was speared with her own weapon and the younger hang with her own whip.

• Julie says:

I couldn’t tell who it was. I thought it may have been Yara but the other suggestion makes sense.

Boy is Theon a survivor!!! He was raised w/John snow &the other Stark kids. He’ll likely find shelter with them
          again but what will
          His role be? Will he sacrifice himself for the nexchange of Yara? I mean can anyone torture him more than Ramsey?

• Yebs says:

Ah! That makes perfect sense, given the weapons. Good call.

• Rambling Joe says:

I agree it was the step-daughters. However, Oberon and his daughters, the Sand Snakes, were notorious for using poison tipped weapons, so Euron should be dead too.

I can’t believe that Yara’s Fleet was taken by complete surprise. With all of her ships, and not a single night watchman saw Euron’s massive fleet headed for them? And in the middle of the dark night, Euron managed to pick out Yara’s ship for himself to land on? I know they’re trying to more the storyline along, but meh.

• Someone says:

absolutely correct…it was Obara speared and Nymeia (?) hanging form her own whip.

• Ellaria is the gift. Cersei will kill her daughter the same way Ellaria killed Myrcella.

2. Isaac Hearn says:

“THEON you cockless coward!!!” perfectly stated!!!!

3. Tom says:

Theon isn’t done yet. He just realized he couldn’t win the situation.

• A girl says:

They still need a Westerosi army to conquer King’s Landing. There’s no chance they would use one unless there’s at least one high lord left to lead said army. Without Yara and the Sand Snakes it’s all left to Theon and Olenna.

• yeah..hopefully he can still save Yara..

• AnnieM says:

I agree with Tom. In fact, I wonder if Theon will be the one to eventually take Euron out, as he is the one it would mean the most to, I think.

• Michael J Angelo III says:

He was a coward last night but it was inevitable that he would relapse. The trauma he endured all but broke him and Reek(sp??) will always be just below the surface. I do agree, however, that he “isn’t done yet”. I think that in the future he will be instrumental in some way and that a foe will expect him to run for the hills and will be caught off guard when he does not.

• Hepha says:

Was he really a coward ?
        I mean, had he made one step forward, Euron would have slit Yara’s throat. Jumping off the boat was the best idea. I think Yara is still alive. We would have seen her dead if she was.

4. Nicole says:

Grey Worm officially has more balls than Theon!

5. Louloubee says:

So is yara dead? We didn’t actually see that? Or was that her hanging?
    Another episode left stunned. Awesome.
    Theon, damn coward. I was so hoping for him to stand up for his sister. Smh!

• calamityjanedoe says:

The corpses by the bow of the ship look like two of Oberyn’s daughters who had fought against Euron. We haven’t been shown Yara’s death, either because it’s left for the next episode, or Euron plans to torture her before he does.

Either way, I think I’m with others here in saying I dread the next episode. That last wordless exchange between Yara and Theon got me in the gut.

• Yara still alive. Those are the sand snakes.

6. Beckers0505 says:

Good episode, but I guess I’m confused as to why Cersei would want Yara as a gift?!

• TheDude says:

Cersei wants the woman who gave her young and somehow innocent daughter the kiss of death via poison. She has no interest in Yara that is just a bonus victory for Euron

• Beckers0505 says:

That makes way more sense.

• Neil Vaughan says:

I agree that Cersei will have vengeance against her daughter’s killer, but I think the real gift was strategic – Euron has wiped out at least a sizeable portion of Yara’s fleet (along with her Iron-Islanders) which was to bear Ellaria to Dorne and then Dornish army to King’s Landing. Now Ellaria will no longer be able to issue that order either, taking Dorne at least temporarily out of the equation. Yara’s men are dead. Effectively Euron took out two of Cersei’s allies and at least half of Dany’s primary modes of transport for her soldiers in one fell swoop.

• Jillie says:

Yara’s not the gift. Ellaria is

• Jordan Strummer says:

Euron plans to give her Ellaria aka the woman who killed Cersei’s daughter. I think Euron just took Yara for the hell of it

7. Walkie says:

Sad that Nymeria didn’t go with Arya. But I’ve had enough wolves being killed on the showS

• Neil Vaughan says:

Nymeria may yet catch up with her – the North remembers!

• Hopefully that wasn’t the last we saw for Nymeria..

• Jim says:

Why did she say “That’s not you” after Nymeria left? Anyone?

• Jillie says:

I think the direwolves have always been closely tied to their Stark. Their behavior is symbolic of the person they represent. I think Arya on her murderous rampage has gotten away from her true self. nymeria is leading a back of regular wolves on a murderous rampage of her own and perhaps A is recognizing that they both have become something they are not….or would not have been if things hadn’t found south….ahhh in the south in season 1

• Elena says:

According to David Benioff, that goes all the way back to a line from Arya from season one where Ned is discussing her getting married to a rich man and getting to wear pretty dresses. Arya replies, “That’s not me.” Arya is not domesticated and neither now is Nymeria after Arya set her free. So that line was supposed to refer to the fact that the wolf is now wild and can’t lead a conventional, domesticated life.

8. JP says:

I loved the symbology of Arya and Nymeria… they aren’t the same when they parted 7 seasons ago. Each has found their own path. Still rooting for Lyanna Mormont to win game of thrones….

9. Uno says:

Ellaria is the gift… She killed myrcella… Yara is just a bonus.. If euron doesn’t just kill her… Wonder how theon will redeem himself… Maybe he’ll bump into gendry on his rowboat

10. Nymeria4Eva says:

Here I was thinking this is another average GOT episode but then the last 10 minutes .
    In true Reek fashion, Theon did not disappoint, I would have been more shook if he had tried to save Yara. Are we absolutely sure that Yara was not the the body hanging from the ship. If she’s not then Euron’s gift to Cersei will be Yara & Ellaria.
    Loved Varys’ speech to
    Again with the disgusting citadel scenes, come on GOT…I have a feeling Sam is going to get infected with that Greyscale in his efforts to cure Jorah.
    I see a lot of similarities between Daenerys and the mad king….I can see her burning everyone in her path who does not bend-the-knee. I hope Jon Snow refuses to do so.
    I don’t trust Sansa & slimy Little Finger. She could not have been happier to be left in charge of the North.
    Pretty sure that was Nymeria, she’s just too wild now, but definitely her.

• ARKA MUKHERJEE says:

If anyone is aware of the spoilers or pictures that had been leaked they would know what’s going to happen in Kings landing and in the war in general

• Molly says:

Except an awful lot of folks would rather watch as it unfolds and not feast on spoilers and pictures. :) (That and I thought I had also heard that there are purposely misleading photos out there to thwart spoilers and leak.)

• pdwalt says:

Maybe Jon Snow refuses to bend a knee, Dany orders the dragon to breath on him, and he is unharmed – thus showing his lineage.

• B says:

Omg that would be amazing!

• Evan says:

That thought crossed my mind as soon as she added that Jon would have to bend the knee.

• TheDude says:

Not gonna happen, at least not very likely. Jon has been shown on at least 2 clear occasions throughout the series, that he can, in fact be harmed by fire. Once when he saved Lord Commander Mormont from the Wight in season 1, and again when he fought Karl Tanneer at Craster’s Keep.
        A more likely scenario would be that the Dragons take an instant liking to Jon once he encouters them…which would hint at his true parentage.

11. AngelWasHere says:

Sluggish at the beginning, but awesome at the end. Still a great episode. Hopefully Sam can cure poor Jorah without getting grayscale himself. Then I don’t trust Little finger or Sansa. Jon going have to keep an eye on both of them. Especially LF.

12. AngelWasHere says:

Oh also I can’t believe Theon Reeked out and left. That’s messed up! Lol.

13. Jj says:

Theon…. you are such a coward. How could you just leave your sister like that?
    Aria…. hurry up. You need to save Sansa from Littlefinger.
    Jon….. going to meet Dany! Time to get married!!
    Sansa…. stop publicly challenging Jon. Do it behind closed doors. But I love the idea of you in charge.
    Dany… rule as yourself, and don’t take anyone’s advice…. except maybe Tyrion…..

• Mirk Watkins says:

How could he do what? Not force his uncle to kill her there and then, shortly followed by him? Regardless of his courage, there was no option that ended with either of them alive had he tried anything other than fleeing. It was a whole ship against him with his sister hostage.

With Theon in the water and the last ship not on fire sailing away, it looks like he’s going to go through an ordeal. Which is the perfect opportunity for him to begin a path of redemption as a man of the Iron Islands. If so, then probably along similar lines as Euron’s rebirth via the Kraken. What is dead can never die…

*crosses fingers for something powerfully supernatural in nature.*

• Jj says:

I would have respected him more if he stood his ground, even in the face of certain death. His sister risked that for him. He already had his road to redemption. He started it when he saved Sansa. That was brave. Now he just abandoned his sister to certain death to save himself. If I believed that he would go back and save her, then I’d feel differently. And if it happens that he does, I’ll be the first to admit I’m wrong. But until such time as that happens, I say Theon is a coward who abandoned the one person who cared enough to save him.

• Molly says:

Speaking of redemption – good point, Mirk. The Iron Born believe in the drowned god and they have some sort of drowning-then-reviving ritual form of baptism that goes with it. Isn’t it Uncle Victorian that undergoes a near death experience in the novels and is then sort of good guy foil to Euron’s rotten to the core dude? Maybe Theon is taking on that role in the show with some of the characters merging into one (Jorah being Jon Connington and himself, as an example) Perhaps he’ll undergo a “rebirth” as Theon Greyjoy vs Reek-laced-Theon he is now.

• Molly says:

Oh, and meant to continue that thought – there are a lot of assumptions on who Azor Ahai really is – if he’s a he and if he exists. There’s plenty of clues that support it being Dany (I mean really, she literally walked into a burning bonfire and back out again and then did it again when she brought the Widow conclave down. She is clearly “reborn of fire.”) There are clues to support it being Jon – who quite literally came back from the dead by the Lord of Light via crazy old Melisandre. And then perhaps there’s a small, dark horse case to make for Theon here – having been ripped apart and turned to Reek-mush before “drowning” and returning with a vengeance. I don’t think that Theon is literally going to be the prince that was promised (although he is a prince….) But I do think there’s a theme of characters being brought to their nadir and then rising to heroic heights. I think you can say Tyrion has been through that arc. You can stretch to say Sam has – being the useless, cowardly wimpy dude who ends up discovering the dragon glass link, finding dragon glass and potentially curing old Jorah) You can see it in Jorah – swarmy spy who redeems himself. It’s in Arya…in Bran…. that’s the theme. The old self dies and the new, better self emerges.

• Tom says:

This is exactly what I meant earlier

• MLO says:

You do know that Jon and Dany are brother and sister, right?

14. Kevin Tran says:

What a great episode and there’s a reason why Euron Greyjoy is such a coward.

15. Star says:

It looked like Yara hanging from the bow of her own ship, and definitely one of the Sand Snaked pierced to the bow. Euron would need to kill Yara because she’s a threat to his claim on the Salt Throne. I can see him saving Ellaria as a gift to Cersei.Damn you, Theon, but I guess we had to see this coming. Ramsay really messed him up. Love Littlefinger but don’t trust him. Sansa is smart enough to not trust him either. Also, how gross would it be for Jon and Dany to get married? He’s her friggin’ nephew. Yikes.

• Star says:

Er, *Snakes

• Brenda says:

Have you not met Jaime and Cersei? A nephew and aunt is mild in comparison.

• TheDude says:

Dany would never trade Tyrion to Euron for Yara or Ellaria. That would be a stupid move for him to even try. Euron is going to walk right up through Kings Landing and hand Myrcella’s killer over to Cersei. And probably keep Yara for his own torture.

16. Big Dave says:

Yara is not the gift…neither is Ellaria Sand. Why didn’t Euron just kill Yara? Because he is using both woman and any other hostages/ships he kept to trade to Dany for Tyrion. Tyrion is the gift Cersie wants. It’s just a question of whether or not she would agree to it.
    Also, where are the Dothraki? The unsullied are going to C Rock..but no mention of the horse lords? Maybe just lumped together but I don’t remember hearing them mentioned at all…

17. brb42 says:

were there no Ravens to let Jon know about Bran being at the Wall?

18. Sephya says:

That segue from the greyscale-cutting-off scene to the spoonful of chowder being scooped out of the bowl was awesome… did anyone else notice how seamless it was? haha I rewound it to re-watch because I liked how disgusting it was. lol

19. Guest says:

First I get an Arya and Hotpie reunion, and then when I thought it couldn’t get any better, I also get an Arya and Nymeria reunion in the same freaking episode!?!? Oh how my heart sings with joy! This episode was great. Dany hearing Jon’s name for the first time and Tyrion voicing his like for his former traveling companion, I cannot wait for the next episode when the two finally meet. I can only imagine how please Cercei will be with Euron’s gift! Now will Yara be an added bonus for her or did her uncle already kill her? Either way Yara will be getting cut down next episode. Theon…sigh, I can’t even. I believe someone will be punching him in the face repeatedly here soon, for one reason or another, and I sure can’t wait for it haha. So sad Nymeria didn’t go with Arya but I guess I’m okay they both came to an understanding that she couldn’t leave her pack behind because as Arya put it “that’s not you” but I do hope she leads her pack north all the same so she can at least visit Winterfell every once in a while! Can’t wait for next Sunday!

20. Lynn says:

This show doesn’t do anything for no reason. I think we’ll see the wolf again probably to save Ayra from someone. Either that or it’s a foreshadowing, you can’t go home again. I think she’s going to find she really doesn’t belong at Winterfell anymore. Theron is alive for a reason too. Yes he Reeked out but I’m sure he’ll redeem himself and be the one to kill his uncle or something.

21. Caroline says:

I’m confused on the sea war. We’re they not near dani? How come someone didn’t come to there rescue. Or send a dragon?

22. Joe says:

You are all going to be surprised by Theon… He’s going to wind up getting his revenge on old uncle Yuron. Just wait and see…

23. Steve F. says:

Guess that means Jessica Henwick’s Sand Snake character isn’t long for the show (if she wasn’t killed off already)…

24. Arya and Nymeria scene was one of the most saddest moments in the whole series..Maisie Williams delivering a strong performance again! bravo!!!

25. LolaHaze says:

I have loved the scenes with Arya this season, mainly because Maisie is absolutely killing it. I have always thought that the Stark children’s direwolves were a mirror of their own selves. With Arya realizing that Nymeria was too wild to be domesticated again does this reflect that Arya has gone too far down the revenge path to return to Winterfell and her family?

• AnnieM says:

I think it means that when all is said and done, she won’t want to stay at Winterfell. This is an out-there theory I have, but i wouldn’t be surprised if by the end of the series, she goes off with the Wildings. She could certainly hold her own with them, and i can imagine her fitting in well with how the Free Folk live.

• LolaHaze says:

Interesting! A friend of mine has a much darker theory that Jon Snow will kill her by mistake while she is wearing the face of some enemy. I like yours better!

26. Pocket says:

How the heck did Euron’s fleet sneak up on them? HOW did even know where they were? I have questions.Did someone sell them out? The timeline for that was so confusing.

• Ryan says:

I believe they sailed right into them on accident. Euron believed (rightfully) that Dany would land at Dragonstone with her allies and they were sailing to Dorne, their paths were bound to cross.

27. Red Snapper says:

I thought it was a pretty good episode. I loved the war room scene with all the women in charge. I do think Daenarys needs to take Olenna’s advice. I get that she wants minimal bloodshed but she needs to understand that isn’t always possible. I’m sure she’ll find a middle of the road option. I knew that when Jon Snow was mentioned to her Tyrion would speak up for him, that he was a good and honorable man. The attack on the ships was a surprise. I figured Euron’s gift would be Ellaria or Tyrion. He also managed to pretty much destroy Daenarys’ fleet and take Dorne out of the equation. I wonder if he’ll keep Yara alive.

Jon is definitely making the right decision to go to Dragonstone. I had hoped Sansa would see that eventually. She also needs to stop contradicting him in public but he also should have talked to her beforehand. I fear that Little Finger will just keep getting in her head and am a little wary of her being left in charge. I had forgotten that Arya wasn’t aware that the Starks held Winterfell again. Maisie played that scene brilliantly. Watching her go from an assassin on a mission to a girl realizing she still had family out there was heartwarming. I smiled when she left the tavern and decided to go north. I hope the encounter with Nymeria wasn’t an omen or foreshadowing that you can’t go home again.

I’m happy that it appears that Jorah will be cured. I’ve missed him and Daenarys definitely needs him. I’m wondering if she will be more willing to bargain with Jon now that she’s had such a blow. I’m not sure if I’ve ever been more excited about an episode of TV, or anything, as I am about Jon and Daenarys finally meeting. I’ve been waiting for this, as has pretty much everyone, for a very long time.

28. Atul says:

Why Jon / Sansa haven’t yet met Brandon??? Any thoughts guys ? Or did I missed anything

• halo74 says:

Bran’s probably still at Castle Black. Although it is somewhat surprising that Jon and Sansa haven’t received word about that yet. You’d think Edd would send a raven to Winterfell.

29. Eva says:

I took the scene with Nymeria to mean that Arya was wrong to try to go to Winterfell instead of King’s Landing. That’s a nice dream, but it’s not for her. She can’t go back until she kills the queen. Nymeria not wanting to go with her made her realize that, I think.

30. halo74 says:

Ugh, Euron. I’m hoping against hope that Yara is still alive and we won’t see her again next week just to have her killed by her psycho uncle. Obviously Dany’s plans can’t work out perfectly right away or we’d have not much story left, but I’m not ready to lose Yara yet. Theon couldn’t have saved her in this episode, but I did sigh as well when he just jumped into the sea instead. He better at least try to find a way to come to her rescue now. Ellaria’s a goner once Euron gets to King’s Landing and presents her to Cersei for sure, though.

Sansa wouldn’t have to challenge Jon publically if he bothered to talk to her about them before he announces them to his people. He told her himself they shouldn’t keep secrects from one another and work together, but then ends up making arbitrary decisions like that. He’s generally one of my favorites, but I can’t say I’ve been overly impressed with the way he’s been handling himself this season. Reminds me a bit of Robb, really. And it keeps opening the door a little wider for Littlefinger and his scheming.

• vane_23@ says:

I do not understand the predisposition that it is not attractive to Jon Snow, she did not bother when she was named North King, even she insisted that he take Ned and Cat’s bedroom, she is challenging him to be a better ruler than Robb and Ned Do not make the same mistakes uqe eschuche the advice of others not like Jofrey who did what he wanted, who is not as arrogant as Robb or as confident as Ned, better be smarter and wiser than them, because both lost their heads , Even in this chapter she worries about Jon telling her that it can be a trap, to remember what happened to her grandfather and uncle who were burned by the crazy king, she does not want him to die, she’s being cautious, if she wanted to see him Dead would not try to persuade him not to go into a trap.

31. Polly says:

and still no one from the wall sent a freaking raven to winterfell to tell the starks “yo, your brother’s here and he’s alive!”.

32. Alexa says:

I don’t get why people think Theon is cowardly for jumping overboard. That was the only smart thing to do. He wasn’t going to bean Euron in a fight so if he’d gone to save his sister, they both would’ve died. At least this way, one of them definitely survived. (Here’s hoping Euron has some plan for Yara that has him keeping her alive for the time being. I want her to survive, darn it.)

33. Wawasjohn says:

I really like the Ep just didn’t like the sand snakes being beaten so easily. From what they’ve shown there meant to be great warriors while euron is just a ship captain but somehow he takes on two with ease and then yara. seemed like the story demanded they die no matter how unrealistic it was

• Shawn says:

I disagree, The Sand Snakes put up a hell of a fight for being unprepared for battle and out at sea. Euron and his fleet of pirates are most comfortable on the water so they had a home advantage on top of the element of surprise.

34. Someone says:

The gift is Ellaria PLUS Yara. And I don’t know why people think that Yara is hanging from the bow-sprit. That is one of the Sand Snakes, the one that had the bull-whip. She is hanging from her own bull-whip (irony, of course). And her sister (Obara, I think her name is/was) is the one impaled on the top of the bow-sprit.