Comic-Con

Once Upon a Time Season 7 Trailer Reveals Hook as Cop, Barfly (?) Regina

So that’s what Lana Parrilla meant when she said we were “not so far off” with our jokey suggestion that Once Upon a Time‘s Regina is a Seattle cop in the new Season 7 reality.

Because it’s actually Killian “Captain Hook” Jones who now wields a shield, as policeman… Rogers? (He must be a jolly fellow.)

On the heels of its Saturday morning panel session at the San Diego Comic-Con, the ABC series released the trailer for the upcoming “reinterpratation” (as Colin O’Donoghue put it), and in addition to the long arm of the law ostensibly having a prosthetic hook on the end of it, you’ll also spy a very casual-looking Regina all smiley at a (or tending?) bar, while Rumple looks his usual ominous self.

The trailer also features first looks at the characters being played by the new cast: Dania Ramirez’s Cinderella, Rose Reynolds’ Alice, Adelaide Kane’s Drizella, Mekia Cox’s Tiana and Gabriella Anwar’s Lady Tremaine aka Cinderella’s wicked stepmother.

Once Upon a Time Season 7 premieres Friday, Oct. 6 at 8/7c.

Want more scoop on Once, or for any other show? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. This is very American Gods-esque. Same character/individual, different interpretations. It’s the risk one takes when they’re fictional characters, lol.

Now, if only they could insert a copy of Fables in there, lol.

2. V.J. says:

I think I´m on board now. I didn´t like the last few seasons of OUAT that much but I liked the premise and maybe this reinterpretation or whatever is exactly the right thing and I´m courius what they´ll do with the old characters. I´ll give it a chance.

3. Charissa29 says:

Meh, I stopped watching a few seasons ago. Nothing here makes me want to start up again. Good luck to them and I hope people watch.

4. Sarah G says:

Haven’t been sure how I felt about S7 – but I enjoyed the trailer, looks like I’m on board lol. This made me excited for it tbh!!!

5. Dennis says:

Since it’s set in Seattle maybe Meredith Grey will make an appearance! ;)

6. t says:

after hearing what the story this season will be I am a lot happier. as long as they keep emma and hook together (but just have her be off screen) I will be a happy viewer, but if they ever break them up I’m out. but it is a little weird that its supposedly like what 15 plus years later but hook and regina still don’t have any gray hair hahaha

7. Well the trailer makes me want to watch and I don’t mind it being on on Fridays it’s a great DVR spot so I can catch it the next day and not have to worry about waking up for work and so forth.

8. Matthew Lawler says:

So I think I figured out what the prominent LGBTQ story/romance will be after two failed attempts at true love with a man Regina moves to Seattle to open a lesbian bar

9. Missy says:

It’s actually a surprisingly impressive teaser. I’m still extremely nervous(for very good reason, I think) but I’ll be watching. As I have a problem with letting go of things I’ve been with from the beginning.

10. Rings90 says:

So instead of the Evil Queen, Regina’s new Evil role will be the Evil Stepmother? I’m curious, yet also worried that it’s just recycling the Snow White Story using Cinderella.

11. Shaan says:

I think this series isnt going to be that great since majority of the original cast have left

12. Charlie Edwards says:

I wish ABC did not renew Once Upon a Time for a seventh season! As much as I love the show, it could have ended with the season six finale episode (sans the last minute of it when Henry’s supposed daughter gives him a surprise visit at his apartment in Seattle). Everyone ended up with a happy ending and it should have stayed that way in my opinion. I don’t need there to be another arc of adventure when everything seemed to have been resolved.

• Susan says:

Yes. We seemed to have ended the show with Happy endings/Happy beginnings and a flash forward twist. Now we get something else with season 7. I guess we give it a chance and see if it is good or not.

13. Susan says:

Love the promo. Uncertain how excited I am about the reinterpretation of the show as a whole. I loved seasons 1-6. It took me about 2 or 3 episodes to latch onto the show and love it. So I’ll give season 7 three episodes and hope I still love OUAT!

14. S says:

It’s Druzella, not Drizella.