Comic-Con

Arrow Season 6 Trailer: Oliver Finds [Spoiler] Alive on Exploded Lian Yu

Lian Yu is a hot mess after the events of Arrow‘s May finale, but the Season 6 trailer finds intrepid Oliver nonetheless braving the briquettes to discover at least one person alive: Slade Wilson, doffing his singed Deathstroke mask.

Elsewhere in the trailer, which premiered Saturday evening at San Diego Comic-Con, Oliver tries to soothe a spooked William, but it becomes clear that there is much work to be done on that nascent father/son relationship.

On the more comic book-y side of things, we see Dinah (another survivor!) go leather-to-leather with Black Siren (that’s three!). The carefully edited trailer gives no whiff of Felicity or her fate (or Quentin’s, or Thea’s, or…), but instead goes on to suggest that Slade will remain a part of Oliver’s Star City world.

Arrow Season 6 premieres Oct. 12, now airing on Thursdays at 9/8c (leading out of Supernatural).

WATCH: Arrow Cast Reacts to Big Casting News,
Mulls Double Wedding During Sweeps

1. D says:

too bad, I wanted Dinah to die along with Mad Dog, Mr. Terrific, not a fan of any of the new people there were better choices for team arrow.

• Will says:

I think the new team works great. Sure Dinah needs more development as a character and Curtis can be a little too excitable sometimes but the characters mix well. Especially Rene. He works great with whoever they pair him up with Quentin, Curtis, Thea

2. Michael Littlefield says:

Is it me, or does Willa seem awfully quiet through this whole interview?

3. H.H. says:

Felicity is also fine. There was some kind of interview with someone talking, I think Amell, talking about hope for the Olicity pairing which wouldn’t be possible if she’s dead.

4. Joey Padron says:

Good trailer for the new season. Good to see the few that survived the blow up on the island in the few months time jump. Hope the rest of the team are alive. I can’t wait to see season 6!

5. ndixit says:

I’m a little wary of the William stuff. It could very much turn into distant father trying to deal with bratty son, which would be very annoying.

6. jj says:

William’s mom obviously dies. Why else would he be staying with Oliver.

7. Lizzie says:

I think Samantha, William’s mother, will die. I also see Evelyn dying too. I’m not a fan of Curtis at all so I wouldn’t mind him dying but the actor was just given a new set of promo pictures so I doubt they’d kill him off. As long as Felicity, Diggle and Thea are safe I’m good.

8. Calista says:

Given how publicly Manu Bennett’s beefed with Stephen and the rest of the Arrow crew I’m so confused on HOW the hell Slade is back…