The X Files Season 11 Walter Skinner Mitch Pileggi

The X-Files Update: Mitch Pileggi to Return as Skinner in Season 11

Mulder and Scully won’t be going it alone when The X-Files returns for an eleventh season.

Mitch Pileggi has signed on to reprise his role as FBI Assistant Director Walter Skinner on the Fox sci-fi drama, our sister site Deadline is reporting. The cult favorite was revived by Fox last year after a 14-year hiatus, with a ten-episode Season 11 slated to air sometime during the 2017-18 TV season.

Pileggi joins series stars David Duchovny (Agent Fox Mulder) and Gillian Anderson (Agent Dana Scully), who have already signed on to return for Season 11. Series creator Chris Carter will executive-produce the season, with veteran writers Glen Morgan, Darin Morgan and James Wong returning to chip in episodes.

Making his debut way back in Season 1, Skinner served as Mulder and Scully’s FBI supervisor and quickly became a fan favorite. Outside of The X-Files, Pileggi’s recent TV roles include FX’s Sons of Anarchy and TNT’s Dallas revival.

1. The Rookie says:

Love, love papa Skinner. Could we see John Dogget again? He was very good on the show and had a great skeptic/believer dynamic with Scully.

• Niela says:

Doggett and Reyes are TERRIBLE. The whole reason I stopped watching season 8 and 9…..Scully turning into Mulder, it was just WRONG. I was not happy Reyes was even in the last season….and I hope neither come back. What will be interesting is how they dig themselves out of this alien invasion hole….I swear, if there is amnesia or hallucination or mind control….I am gonna lose it.

• Bartimeus says:

Scully never became Mulder, she just finally realized she’d been wrong. She always kept some skepticism, she was just open-minded. It was totally unbelievable it never happened sooner.

• The Rookie says:

I agree, she became more open minded because she worked 8 years with Spooky. She had seem very crazy stuff. And I like Doggett and Reyes, as I also like the new team.

2. kmw says:

Skinner is very important to X- Files Glad they got him back

3. Lynn says:

Robert Patrick is on A CBS show now so I doubt we’ll see Doggett. If would be nice if they mention him though so we know what he’s doing since we did see Reyes. I hated seasons 8 and 9 at the time. I just don’t think the should have continued without Duchovny but maybe it was a good thing after all. They’ve never tried to reboot the show without Anderson and Duchovny since.

4. Anne says:

Yay!!!

5. 2MuchTV says:

This news made me smile! Welcome back Skinner!

6. Chloe says: