Walking Dead Gets Season 8 Premiere Date — Plus, FearTWD's Return Date

The Walking Dead will commence its eighth season on AMC this fall, beginning with its milestone 100th episode.

The post-apocalyptic zombie drama will return on Sunday, Oct. 22, the basic cabler has announced. A poster for the new season has also been released, pitting Rick against Negan.

What’s more, AMC has released key art for Season 3B of Fear the Walking Dead, which kicks off on Sunday, Sept. 10.

Both The Walking Dead and its spinoff will return to San Diego Comic-Con this weekend, with back-to-back panels on Friday, July 21. Further details can be found here.

Are you excited for The Walking Dead‘s return? Hit the comments with your hopes/fears for Season 8.

1. Grey says:

Is the woman in the lower right hand corner of the FTWD poster Lola or Luciana? Seems weird that Luciana spent most of the season unconscious and then just…left

2. Mary Burrell says:

Can’t wait love them both.

3. Joey Padron says:

Happy the premiere date for The Walking Dead’s new season have been announced! Good poster for the new season. I can’t wait to see the trailer for the new season on Friday! Good poster for the 2nd half of Fear the Walking Dead’s latest season.

4. Simon says:

This annoys me because TWDs late October start affects AMC Fear Fest. Instead of more horror movies, they’ll do a TWD marathon filling up the schedule. And lately the Fear Fest schedule is already lacking great horror films.

5. Matt C. says:

Love that poster! I’m so excited for season 8. Just a few days until we get the first trailer! And this year they’ll actually get to show us some good stuff, unlike last year where the marketing revolved around that stupid cliffhanger…

6. Wrstlgirl says:

WhooHooo on both counts. Rick vs Negan is gonna be awesome and FTWD finally hit it’s stride. A bit disappointed that they killed off *spoiler* (haha won’t say) in the Fear mid season finale but I can see why it had to happen.

7. Meyer Bays says:

@Grey … That’s Lola (the woman from the dam) between Jake and Ofelia (in braids). No sign of Luci.

8. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

Can’t wait for the S8 trailer. Really LOVE the poster Rick vs. Negan the war is on and I hope team Rick will get rid of his ass and his minions!!!!!

9. Sherry says:

Love the Walking Dead. Need some positive in there for Rick and company, say knock Negan down a peg or two, I’d like to see him beg! Still my fave show!

10. Dolores says:

I work part time, unspecified days”BUT” never on Sunday evening while it’s TWD season. I have been on a roller coaster of emotions since I’m got hooked. BEST SHOW EVER!!! I’m 66 years old so not just some teeny sitting in front of the tv.

11. Karen DeCourcy says:

The last few episodes of FTWD were the best yet. Faster paced, more excitement, more zombies. Looking forward to the next season. Ruben Blades character is going to be a force to deal with. TWD returns Oct 22. Can’t wait! Rick vs Negan will be epic. Not much said about Glenn’s baby this past season. Will he/she arrive soon?

12. Terri Durham-Stone says:

I’m so excited for the show Walking Dead season 8. Having to wait to see what’s in store for everyone is really hard.
    It’s my favorite show.

13. lou dubay says:

less vulgarity and blasphemous language would be more acceptable to my friends and family