Exclusive

Deadliest Catch Sneak Peek: 'Wave' Goodbye to the Wizard Crew?

If turnabout really is fair play, it’s only fitting that big waves would slam Keith Colburn, the tempestuous Deadliest Catch captain who’s so well known for making them.

In this exclusive sneak peek at Tuesday’s episode (airing at 9/8c on Discovery), the Wizard’s skipper, hoping against hope to make his quota, is driven by low crab counts to chart a course for the heart of a raging storm — a 450 mile-wide arctic blast, we are told! As you’ll see for yourself, the string that his crew is hauling in the clip just “is not gonna finish the trip for us,” he sighs.

Unfortunately, moving from bad to worse weather puts the boat on a collision course with the kind of waves that can do a whole lot more than make a deckhand want to upchuck. Press PLAY on the video above to get an eyeful for yourself, then hit the comments. Would you have the nerve to head toward a storm?

1. Robin says:

So watching this! Love this show!

• Glenda Raven says:

for some weird reason I love this show. cried my heart out when Phil died, and will miss the hell out of Johnathan if he leave. love that guy, and worry about them all. God keep an eye on these guys and keep them safe

2. Bruce McCrady says:

The backup skipper should drive and make the skippers work the rail. They might begin to value their crew’s safety. Some captains have no worry putting their crews in ridiculous danger

3. Dude! Serious click “bait” (hehe, see what I did there?). I was really scared the Wizard was leaving the show.

• Mary Kuhlman says:

funny.. It seems we would have heard about it So the “Discovery” crew and the chase boat just got their guys out and watched the wizard sink with crew aboard.

4. Steven Gaston says:

I love the show, but some captains, like Keith, are too cavalier with the safety and lives of their crew, no amount of crab is worth the life of the worst crew member! Chasing the crab into the heart of that arctic hurricane is nothing but foolhearty.

5. jacobmccandles says:

Show has run its course…..

6. Billy Bob Johnson says:

Well, we all know the boat doesn’t sink. That would have made headlines even in mainstream media. The captain is a nut, though. Who steers their boat straight into a hurricane just to get some crabs?

7. Black Bart says:

This is on show that is as real as it can get. During it’s run I have seen people rescued that were almost certain to have been killed, injuries that were stone cold real and people being pressed right up against the wall of fear. You couldn’t get me out on one of those vessels in a storm if you tied me to the mast.

8. Harold says:

Greed drives this Captain. Shows you how little he cares for his crew.

9. Terri says:

He has some guts and must believe he can handle that boat because he is responsible for all their lives.

10. tina alverez says:

What is the crab count??

11. Herm says:

You never go toward a storm at sea, Much less get in the middle of one. The lives of your crew is never worth killing them, because you need to make more money

12. Jay darling says:

I think Keith is nuts to put his crew in harm’s way like that. Those arctic storms can take a ship down.

13. Scott says:

This captain is the worst of the worst. He has put his crew in the worst situations like he is just plain stupid or doesn’t care about safety, money,money,money…..I’m surprised he hasn’t killed anyone yet.

14. William J Schuster III says:

A decent crab count is not worth a human life, and what they want for crap in the market, it’s not worth it either!!!

15. this captain has been a tool from the first day he weaseled his fat ass on the show

• I-Am Weasel says:

I just had to reply to your comment….I agree…..Keith is the worst captain in the show! Not only does he put his life and the lives of his crew in more danger than necessary, the way he verbally treats his crew is appalling to say the least…. I’m surprised he’s even able to find guys to work for him….but I guess from their perspective…the money outweighs the abuse….at some point however, you have to ask yourself….is it worth your life? Every time I see the Wizard, it seems it has a lot less freeboard than the other vessels in the fleet…it makes me wonder how much reserve buoyancy it has… I pray he doesn’t do something stupid, costing the lives of his crew..

16. Karen says:

Love this show, I pay the $30 a lb to buy king crab because these guys work very hard to get them, I always pray to the lord for their safety. Keep safe you guys

17. Captain Joe Brown says:

There a difference between safely fishing and just being plainly a bad seaman! Putting your crews life in jeopardy is bad seamanship I don’t care what your overhead is, all it takes is one man to get thrown overboard then maybe at the funeral they will change it!?

18. Keith would’ve be going through this if he went with the time bandit crabbing up near Russia, but he turned them down and is now paying the price!

19. Allen Forbes says:

Thanks to technology you can see what captains and deck hands go thru so you can get crab at restaurant delivered to the table. I hope all of the fleet cone home safe at end is season

20. Allen Forbes says:

PRAYING that these guys get the quoto for crab and come home safe. I receive a military disability pension and would love to be on Northwestern,The wizard or with Jake on Saga. I’d be quite observer. Bet safe and God bless

21. pat yost says:

I know that keith’s crab count is low but why jeoparize his crew in that hurricane.

22. GrumpyMittens says:

‘Deadliest Catch’ on TVLine? Has hell frozen over?