World of Dance Renewed

World of Dance Renewed for Season 2

NBC’s World of Dance apparently put its best foot forward, earning a Season 2 renewal after just five outings.

The Jennifer Lopez-produced dance competition debuted earlier this month to 9.7 million total viewers and a 2.4 demo rating, and to date has averaged 8.3 mil and a 2.0, making it the summer’s No. 1 freshman series and the No. 2 entertainment program overall (trailing only its lead-in, America’s Got Talent).

“I am so proud to not only star, but produce a show that is so close to my heart,” J.Lo said in a statement. “I am so happy that World of Dance has resonated with audiences and we are able to put dancers on the pedestal they deserve. I cannot wait to continue this journey and my partnership with NBC.”

Lopez judges the summertime hit alongside Ne-Yo and Derek Hough, while Jenna Dewan-Tatum serves as host and mentor.

1. This is GREAT NEWS. So here is what I would change up for Season 2.
    1. It should be on Wednesday’s for two hours after America’s Got Talent results show
    2. The auditions need to show WAY MORE dancers and even be a week or two longer.
    3. Jenna Dewan Tatum needs to have a real role there or let the poor thing go. (I saw she needs to be a cross between CAT Deeley & Tim Gunn great host and mentor which I think she can do. UTILIZE HER BETTER
    4. Battles should be random by Groups.

Well that’s all I got (for now) LOL. I really love this show and want them to really focus more on these incredible dancers.

2. Billy meacham says:

Great more dance show garbage!

3. Andrew Phan says:

What you should change for Season 2?

Keep the camera on the DANCERS! Nobody wants to watch the judges reaction because you miss things. Have a small camera at the bottom or to the side. Hire Vibrvncy!

4. Jared says:

I really hope that all of the judges as well as Jenna Dewan Tatum continue with the show during S2. They all add such a different perspective that really seems to be resonating.

5. One one hand I am glad a dance show is doing well. On the other hand, I couldn’t get through one episode of this. Too flashy and no feeling. Felt more like the stars show which is horrendous.

6. Eli Oberlander says:

My hope for season two is that the judges don’t show such obvious favoritism towards hip-hop and street dancing.

7. GraceM says:

I was really surprised to read this news. I guess it’s doing better than the I thought it would.

8. iHeart says:

so I guess the live television production of Bye Bye Birdie won’t be happening after all?

9. Rachel says:

In my opinion season 1 started off great, but it became less of a dance competition and more of a dance production as the stages progressed on – increased use of props, overhyping the use of ‘tricks’ instead of relying on the accuracy of dancing techniques, etc.

Season 1 had so many big names audition it leaves me wondering what ‘Internet-hyped’ dancers they can attract in Season 2 to top off the list they had this season. Maddie Ziegler? It would be entertaining to have Julianne Hough compete and have her brother judge for a change.

Also does anyone else feel like JLo is trying to play the typical ‘nice judge’? Neyo and Derek are offering genuine constructive criticism and she’ll just cut them off to praise the dance. Her scoring is quite unfair at times and seems to be kind of biased. She never fails to talk about how she thinks this show is the best dance show (at least twice every episode!!) and yet her opinions fall back on her emotions instead of how well the dancers actually performed.

Jenna is seriously talented and I would much rather have her take over JLo’s position on the judging panel but considering how JLo is a producer I doubt that would happen.

10. Cry Mass says:

Jennifer Lopez changed her score to make the Twins win and everything is now coming out. I personally think this show won’t make it past the second season now. So much for locking in your votes. They just don’t know which way it goes until she fixes her score for the Twins to win.