Fall TV Preview

Marvel's Inhumans: Trailer Is Finally Released for Fall ABC Series

Black Bolt is ready to strike your laptop screen. Finally.

Six weeks after premiering a sizzle reel for press and advertisers at ABC’s Upfronts, Marvel’s Inhumans has released a trailer for everyone else to size up.

Marvel’s Inhumans makes its ABC debut on Friday, Sept. 29, with a two-hour premiere starting at 8/7c. Those same two (of Season 1’s eight) episodes will be exclusively screened in IMAX theaters four weeks earlier, starting Friday, Sept. 1.

Marvel’s Inhumans centers on a royal family of superhumans, led by king Black Bolt (played by Hell on Wheels‘ Anson Mount). Additional cast members include Serinda Swan (Graceland) and Ken Leung (Lost), respectively portraying Black Bolt’s wife Medusa and his cousin/closest advisor Karnak, plus Iwan Rheon (Game of Thrones) as Maximus, Eme Ikwuakor (Extant) as Gorgon, Isabelle Cornish (Puberty Blues) as Crystal, Ellen Woglom (Outlaw) as an undisclosed character, Sonya Balmores (Beyond the Break) as Auran and Mike Moh (Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist) as Triton.

Press PLAY on the trailer above, then tell us if you’ll be making a trip to the nearest cineplex (or setting your DVR) to see Marvel’s Inhumans this fall.

1. Molly says:

Looking forward to it. Am I the only one, though, that sees Iwan Rheon and a dog in the same scene and cringes a little? :)

2. This worked out better than if it had been a movie by Marvel Studios, provided they eventually referenced events from Agents of SHIELD and are recognized by Agents of SHIELD.

3. Jason says:

Well, Lockjaw is suitably huge, but I imagine they’ll use him sparingly. The other major effects question is Medusa’s hair. They’ve yet to show it in action and I wonder how well they can pull that off.

4. Joey Padron says:

The trailer for the show looks good. Looking forward to check out the show this fall.

5. MichaMainz says:

It’s Medusa or Morticia Addams?

6. Liz985 says:

It’s a short clip, but the actors don’t seem up to par with the operatic loftiness of the plot. Why invest so much in the special effects and cheap out on the talent?

7. MichaMainz says:

Agents of Shield has ruined the concept of the Inhumans. I do not know how they’re going to make up for that. Will Alveus be mentioned? How did they survive after the destruction of the Inhuman cities in AoS was learned?

8. Tomm Huntre says:

This looks sooo much better than I had anticipated !!!

9. Carlos Lee says:

I never thought about this. How does Blackbolt eat? Doesn’t he cause shockwaves if he opens his mouth?

10. boffothewondersheep says:

He’s OK to open his mouth, since it’s his voice that has the power. Watch out if he burps, though!

11. TV Fanatic says:

I’m so underwhelmed by the trailer. Just didn’t pull me in the way other Marvel trailers typically do…

12. Robert Pecorino says:

Ok. So, I absolutely love Marvel. Especially the MCU. Iwan Rheon is one of my favorite actors. This show however looks CHEESY! That trailer was not a good start. Over the top acting, cheap looking costumes and marginal CGI, yikes.

13. Erin says:

It is a little underwhelming. The wig looks horrible, and Iwan Rheon’s accent is all over the place. I wonder if this is the blind item from a few months ago? I may check out an episode or two.

• ScottJ says:

It’s not the blind item. The show in question had many episodes completed enough to know they were horribly over-budget. Inhumans had only been filming for a week or two at the time.

• Riley says:

The actors had been doing principal photography for over a month when that blind item was written. Prior to that, set building, costuming, casting, special make-up, special effects design, location scouting, script writing and such would all have been going on for a while.

It’s extremely likely that this was the show in the aforementioned blind item.

14. RD says:

This looks like one of those bad superhero TV shows from the ’70’s. This is not what a concept like ‘The Inhumans’ deserves.

15. LK says:

Its a little underwhelming as a trailer… a lot of posing and pensive stares… what little we see of “acting” doesnt seem very good… but i’ll keep faith that the final package is more compelling.

16. Tribal Mischief says:

I have to say the story could be good but the costuming is just horrendous.

17. peterwdawson says:

Iwan Rheon is playing such a rebel even his accent has gone rogue!

18. Spence says:

I fully believe this is the blind item about the huge show that the network really wants to fail. It looks so rough and I can tell this will be canceled for costing way too much money but being a failure.

19. M3rc_Nate says:

That…looked bad. I am a huge superhero/comic book/TV/movie fan and that was just…bland AF. The cinematography and Medusa’s hair stand out as just about as low rent as you can get.

20. Josh says:

Yikes, that was boring

21. Pat says:

Holy cow, what a big pup!

22. prada says:

this is the blind item and looks awful

23. John says:

This doesn’t look so good. I was looking forward to seeing Medusa’s hair in the trilateral, but they are sure saving it for the episode.

But overall, the acting looks kinda bad (except maybe for Iwan, but his accent was messy), the CGI in some scenes on the trailer was kinda meh and the plot sounds ordinary…I wonder if Marvel really wants Inhumans to succeed at all.

24. Kate says:

I’m underwhelmed by the trailer. Still, I’ll check out the series once it comes to TV. Maybe they’ll have the kinks worked out by then.