Big Brother Ratings

Ratings: Big Brother Premiere Dips vs. Last Year, But Dominates Night

CBS’ Big Brother opened its 19th edition on Wednesday with 5.9 million total viewers and a 1.7 rating, dipping 5 and 10 percent year over year yet still dominating the night in the demo.

NBC’s Little Big Shots: Forever Young (6.5 mil/0.9) slipped 12 and 10 percent, commanding Wednesday’s largest audience. The Carmichael Show (3.5 mil/0.7) dipped a tenth to match this season’s demo low.

Over on Fox, MasterChef (3.5 mil/1.) was steady while The F Word (2.1 mil/0.6) hit a demo low.

ABC’s To Tell the Truth (3.2 mil/0.6) was steady.

1. Mark says:

It was a great premiere. I’m really looking forward to this season. Most of the cast seems pretty likable!

• B says:

I thought the same thing! There are a few I immediately disliked (Josh, Jessica, Elena, and Ramses) and one who I liked during his intro, but it was downhill from there (Cody) but overall, I like the rest. We shall see what happens, but we are off to a promising start.

• Mark says:

I quite liked Cody. I love that he didn’t deal with Paul’s BS. I’m not looking forward to more friendship shenanigans. I’d love for Cody to take him out.

2. Jeff says:

It’s amazing what Carmichael Show can do!

3. Wrstlgirl says:

Thrilled to see Paul back on BB

4. Peggy Hill says:

A lot of people didn’t want a veteran back and other than, Frankie, Vanessa and Jessie, Paul was the worse choice. A lot of people didn’t tune in when they heard he was going to be there. I will say however after tonight’s show, there are some others that make Paul seem almost sane.

• E.A.Lewis says:

Me too I hope Cody takes him out but I quit watching when paul put him up and got him out of house lost this viewer but when my husband saw Paul back on show would not watch it this year

• E.A.Lewis says:

Yes,that’s why husband didn’t watch this year because heard paul back and lost me too when Cody got evicted and Paul stayed.
      Yes ,anybody would have been a better candidate than paul that’s why ratings are going down wished it would have been paul evicted instead of cody once that happen lost this viewer

5. E.A.Lewis says:

1# I really like Cody and jessica remind me of corey and Nicole from last year.

2# can’t stand paul last year and when heard he was back lost interest in show. Paul has the worst mouth ever.

3# the house guest this year are Paul’s puppets and they are so dumb to let him rule the house once Cody gone that was it for me.

4# ratings down because alot of fans can not stand paul and his mouth .

5# big brother should have brought back somebody else besides Paul.

6# they have lost a viewer of big brother because can’t stand paul

7# too bad Cody was voted out so early and Paul still in house

8# wish Paul was evicted instead of cody because I would have been watching still

9# even my husband quit watching once he saw Paul back on show last year was bad enough and now to have him back. Only good thing about last year was nicole and corey

10# CBS need to rethink who you bring back because lost 2 viewers in this house and how many other viewers due to Paul and his mouth.

6. E.A.Lewis says:

I was watching a news program they were talking about all the bullying going on this season on big brother 2017. Just another reason why ratings going down. I do not think that CBS supports bullying and will do the right thing to stop this.

7. Christine Moore says:

I don’t like how big brother turn out,with a whole house bullie two people for another person game play and they shouldn’t brought Paul back in the house,ever new person should get a chance and how low can you let that show go,hope they have security,its like a jungle.I hope this don’t go on next season and leave the Vets out.

8. pat says:

Cody was the whole show….rest are boring