Megyn Kelly Ratings

Ratings: Megyn Kelly Hits New Lows

NBC’s Sunday Night With Megyn Kelly this Sunday drew 3.4 million total viewers and a 0.4 demo rating, ticking down on both counts from last week’s Alex Jones kerfuffle to mark new lows in Week 4.

The freshman newsmagazine has declined each week since its June 4 debut to 6.2 million viewers and a 0.8 rating.

Over on ABC, Celebrity Family Feud (7.1 mil/1.4) was steady and easily led the night in both measures, while Steve Harvey’s Funderdome (5.5 mil/1.1) and Not Steve Harvey’s $100,000 Pyramid (5.2 mil/1.1) rose one and two tenths, respectively.

Fox’s American Grit (1 mil/0.4) ticked down.

1. kmw says:

How low can anything other than a game show( at least on ABC anyway) go? NBC way overpaid for Kelly what a flop. And American Grit almost under a million viewers on FOX? I know viewers don’t count but still.

2. Frankie says:

NBC bet on the wrong horse.

3. Donna Salvi says:

She should have stayed at Fox

4. Wrstlgirl says:

I was somewhat interested in the subject matter of last nights installment but because it was Megyn Kelly I didn’t watch.

• bobbie says:

Yup, she has spent years spreading hate and lies, there is no way I will watch anything she does.

NBC should be shamed for giving her a platform.

5. Syl says:

NBC = No Body Cares
    MK on NBC = No Bloody Chance

6. keniri says:

The only reason I knew who Megyn Kelly was was because of those sexual harassment charges she accused Roger Ailes of. I’ve never been a fan of Fox News or that idiot but all of these high profile women coming out accusing their bosses of sexual harassment is nothing more than to either get out of their recording contracts like that no-talent hack, Ke$ha or those other idiots like all those women who are accusing Bill Cosby of rape (many of those women had their lawsuits tossed out of court because they were unbelievable). Not only do they end up tarnishing those women who are actually sexually harassed by their bosses but they cause irreparable harm to the bosses they worked for who used their bodies and their sex appeal to get their jobs in the first place. It’s ridiculous.

• LT says:

Way to blame the victims. IDIOT!

• Stephanie says:

Seriously. Because they are in the public eye they can’t be sexually harassed? Or because you love the artist or famous person they can’t be a harasser or rapist? SMH.

• Haz says:

Are we going to pretend a so called victim can’t lie? I never want to blame a victim, but when an accuser goes on camera squeezing out crocodile tears at a press conference with Gloria Allred by her side, or her equally repulsive daughter, it makes me question if they are sincere or just wanting to make a name for themselves.

• bos4ny3 says:

So if she had picked an attorney that you liked, you’d feel differently? Maybe you could post a list that they could choose from.

• Anne says:

Ah yes, cause if there’s a way to become famous and well loved it’s to come out and accuse a famous man of sexual violence. I always forget how many female celebrities have become famous because of this technique. And it works super well for non famous women too! Only good things come from accusing someone of sexual violence. There’s never any blowback and the women are never torn down and destroyed in the media or forced to relive horrific experiences and demand basic dignity. It’s only a path to success and happiness! /sarcasm

• Mary says:

Your statement is why we have a sexual crisis still in today’s world. Until many of you wake up and get educated it will still continue. People who live in glass houses shouldn’t call others idiots.

7. TV Gord says:

If the show had more of Kelly’s imprint on it, it might have a chance, but all it is is a generic newsmagazine with her introducing the stories. The only segment that looked somewhat interesting to me last night was Harry Smith’s penguins story, but it wasn’t much, either. They need to rip up the hoary old format and try something new. That’s the only way to salvage this. Rock Center with Brian Williams was many times better than this show.

This doesn’t give me much hope that her hour of Today will be much of anything, either. Has that even started yet?

• The Beach says:

It feels like a re-hashed 60 Minutes with a less likable host. I refused to watch last week because of Alex Jones but I did watch last night because, living in South Florida and seeing the heroin epidemic up close and personal, I wanted to see the segment on the fake sober houses. I do think Kelly is smart and talented but it’s going to take some time, if she has it, for the stink of her former job to wear off with viewers.

8. Kevin says:

Megyn who?

9. Ann says:

How do the ratings compare to 60 Minutes? That’s a comparable show. The other shows on ABC will have higher ratings because they are “family friendly”-sort of, on a family friendly night.

10. Ty says:

She spent too many years honing that unlikable persona on fox news. People just have a hard time watching it because it’s her. Plus the right thinks she’s some type of traitor and the left can’t separate her from her last job

• Angela says:

Kelly was an enthusiastic contributor to the Fox spin machine so I will never watch anything she does.

• Gern Blanston says:

I really think that this is it. Every conservative person that I know that had been drooling all over her for the last however many years now reviles her and every liberal person that I know can’t stand her because of Fox News during the Obama years. I didn’t mind her on Fox News but, wasn’t a huge fan. I gave this a shot but, how boring and formulaic can a show be? I know that there’s only so many ways to present news stories but, if I want to watch 60Minutes why would I watch this?

11. A fan of TV says:

I could have called the fact that Megyn Kelly was only as strong as the sycophants who suckle from Fox News right from the announcement that several on-air NBC employees had been fired to afford her. She needed to find a soft place to land, has a phenomenal agent, and is terribly overvalued. NBC can choose to make fake news that draws people away from Fox, or maintain integrity in some form, and try to make a misshapen shoe fit by keeping Kelly on their roster. I’m sure they’ll beat this drum for a while yet, since their investment was so large to begin with.

12. Jared says:

Bye girl!

13. Debbie says:

Just shows that she,let her ego get the best of her.

14. The Beach says:

All the premium cable channels and pay channels like HBO and Showtime seem to put their best shows on Sunday night. No wonder the network game shows are pulling in the highest ratings because those other shows aren’t being counted in the ratings.

15. Iakovos says:

A summer early evening news magazine on a broadcast network is not going to win big ratings. Even 60 MINUTES is in reruns/updates. Peacock should have tried a 10 o’clock hour for Kelly. We are outside until later and rarely have TV on before 9 most nights.

16. Kiki says:

She made a big mistake with the Alex Jones interview, thinking it would be a ratings bonanza and instead turning off potential viewers who have the moral fortitude to stand up for truth and not allow themselves to put eyeballs on the salacious stories, fake news and fear mongering she is adept at peddling. The way NBC brought her onboard has not served her well either.

• Ann says:

Did you even watch the interview? People went crazy for no reason! It was actually a decent interview that argued against the fear mongering that Jones spews. As a journalist, she has a right and a duty to interview subjects and expose them for the harm they do…and she did that.

• Mary says:

I didn’t because I wouldn’t give it my time. I happen not to agree with you giving this man anymore exposure. This interview would not change his followers mind and to give him a national platform is exactly what he wants. It is not crazy to side with families who have had to live with this idiot for the last few years. Intelligent people already know that his is a wack job.

17. LT says:

Megyn’s problem is she’s trying to do too much too soon. She wanted to come out of the gate swinging, when she should’ve walked around and smelled a few more roses with the audience first.

18. Billy Bob Johnson says:

She’s still pulling better numbers than anyone on Fox News. Sunday at 10 PM is a death slot, anyway, so who cares.

19. queenbrat says:

I really like Megyn Kelly, but I don’t like the format of this show so much. I don’t know why other than I like seeing her raise tough questions and not just do interviews.