Fall TV Preview

Marvel's Inhumans Gets ABC Premiere Date, Double-Episode Launch

Marvel’s Inhumans will make its ABC debut on Friday, Sept. 29, with a double-episode premiere starting at 8/7c, Yahoo! TV reports.

Those same episodes (the first two of eight total) will be exclusively released in IMAX theaters on Friday, Sept. 1.

Season 7 of Once Upon a Time will otherwise lead off ABC’s Friday line-up, leading into Inhumans (and later down the road, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.); a premiere date for the fantasy drama’s “reboot” (or for any other ABC series) has not yet been announced.

Marvel’s Inhumans centers on a royal family of superhumans, led by king Black Bolt (played by Hell on Wheels‘ Anson Mount). Additional cast members include Serinda Swan (Graceland) and Ken Leung (Lost), respectively portraying Black Bolt’s wife Medusa and his cousin/closest advisor Karnak, plus Iwan Rheon (Game of Thrones) as Maximus, Eme Ikwuakor (Extant) as Gorgon, Isabelle Cornish (Puberty Blues) as Crystal, Ellen Woglom (Outlaw) as an undisclosed character, Sonya Balmores (Beyond the Break) as Auran and Mike Moh (Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist) as Triton.

Check out a new poster for the series below:

1. Carlos Lee says:

Nothing against the Inhumans. However, I am more excited about the Defender on August 18 on Netflix.

2. ABC is the only network that has not announced fall premiere dates yet

3. MichaMainz says:

It seems that Morticia Addams fell into paint pots or borrowed the liturgical colors.

4. Joey Padron says:

Glad the show finally have a premiere date announced. The new poster for the show look good. Can’t wait to see the trailer for the show!

5. Lance says:

They could’ve given her a more realistic wig though. Just saying

• Caroline says:

I am glad I wasn’t the only one who noticed. It might be a minor detail, but if a show doesn’t seem to care about those tiny details, it makes me wonder how much they care about making the show great.

• Wrstlgirl says:

I’m usually not one to nick pick to hard but that wig is already a big turnoff. I hope it’s not so cheesy onscreen.

6. Jason says:

I really hope this is good. But I have doubts about how well they can pull this off on a network TV budget.

7. Rachel says:

My Ask Ausiello for every week that this show runs is going to be “okay but why is that orange wig so bad.”

8. Wrstlgirl says:

I’m kinda in Marvel overload status but I’ll check this out because of Anson Mount.

9. JK3 says:

They need to release a trailer. We need to know if that terrible wig gets any better with CGI.

• lc7 says:

The first trailer is coming on Thursday. Marvel released a teaser earlier today. I hope they do some serious CGI work on that wig. It’s pretty awful.

10. Michael Summerset says:

If Inhumans is coming out Sept 29th then most of their lineup will likely start around the last week of September and/or the first week of October.