Night Shift Ratings Season 4

Ratings: Night Shift Christens Latest Time Slot With Series Lows

NBC’s The Night Shift on Thursday night christened its fourth time slot in as many seasons with 3.6 million total viewers and a 0.6 demo rating(per finals), down sharply from both its Season 3 premiere (4.8 mil/1.1) and finale (5.4 mil/1.0), and marking series lows. Readers gave Part 1 of the season opener an average grade of “B+.”

Opening the Peacock’s night, Hollywood Game Night‘s premiere (3.8 mil/0.9) was down 10 percent from its Season 4 average. The Wall built on that, delivering 4.5 mil and a 1.0 — tying Fox’s Beat Shazam and CBS’ Big Bang rerun for the nightly demo win.

Over on ABC, Boy Band debuted to 3 mil and a 0.7, while The Gong Show drew 3.9 mil/0.9. All told, that’s down from the year-ago performances of Battlebots (3.9 mil/1.0) and Greatest Hits (4.8 mil/1.1).

Fox’s Beat Shazam (3.2 mil/1.0) returned steady, while Love Connection (2.9 mil/0.9) ticked up from its previous airing.

CBS’ old Bang delivered Thursday’s biggest audience: 6.35 million viewers.

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Ninamags says:

This show has been on before???

Really??

When? Where?

I don’t remember any of these people.

• I thought it was just me – I like medical shows and a few of the stars, but I’ve never heard of this show before. Even looked on Hulu and the NBC site to see if I could watch prior seasons – nothing. It’s like the show never existed before this year.

• Whovian says:

Night Shift’s prior 3 seasons stream on Netflix. Just started watching. Good show

• grazelled says:

NBC.com just has clips of each episode of the last 3 seasons since they sold TNS to Netflix I’m guessing but I found it in the under the list of shows and the season bar on the right does list all 4 seasons’ episodes.

Last night was not really at all like the show I like. I miss the main station with all the familiar characters, really don’t like Sam’s dad Julian, and had too many things going on. Didn’t feel familiar at all. Felt like a whole different show.

• Rex the Wonder Dog says:

Dude, this is the show’s fourth season on NBC. It comes on every summer.

2. Karen Padecky says:

How do they expect higher ratings when they didn’t advertise it sufficiently. They also keep moving around the time slot.

3. cuius says:

Tries too hard – Afghanistan, forest fires, helicopters, diversity plus – Grey’s on steroids

• Rex the Wonder Dog says:

I could do without the war stuff. I want to see people working in a hospital on a hospital show. Not sure what you mean by diversity. San Antonio has a significant population of women, Hispanics, Blacks, and Asians.

4. spdavid says:

When does this one move to Saturday to burn off it’s episodes?

5. AngelWasHere says:

The Gong Show was awful. Mike Myers was especially cringe worthy and annoying.

6. Syl says:

My 2 cents worth: Scot Wolf needs a show with more of a Michael J. Fox vibe. Something where he’s a charming hustler. The Gong Show is nothing without the creepy charisma of Chuck Barris.

7. Traci says:

I have been watching night shift since the beginning, Its a really good show, but it only plays in the summer. Last nights episode was very good, can’t wait to see what happens next week.

• Darryl says:

I agree Traci. I have watched this show from the beginning and I think it a very good show!! But it does need a lot better advertising to start the season.

• Tom says:

Seasons 1 and 3 were on during the summer; season 2 ran from the end of February through mid May 2015.

8. Mag says:

Didn’t even know Night Shift existed until I started watching it on Netflix last night, already done with season 1! It is so good!

9. Blake says:

It helps when the network promotes its shows … I had no clue this was returning until I was scrolling through the channel guide. The Night Shift deserves better than that!

10. Beth A Settle says:

Night Shift is a good show except it has to many commercials

11. anavar cycle says:

Night shift is a great show. I dont understand why it has soo many commercial ads in between.