Downward Dog Ratings Cancelled

Ratings: Downward Dog Fetches Lows

ABC’s Downward Dog this Tuesday night drew 3.2 million total viewers and a 0.6 demo rating, ticking down week-to-week in both measures to mark new season lows.

The freshman comedy’s double-episode finale airs next Tuesday.

NBC’s America’s Got Talent of course dominated the night, with a steady 12.6 million total viewers and a 2.6 rating. World of Dance (7.7 mil/1.8) dipped just a bit in Week 4.

The night’s only other fresh fare, The CW’s iZombie (1.14 mil/0.3) — pending adjustment due to MLB preemptions — is currently up in eyeballs while steady in the demo.

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Natalie says:

Of course Downward Dog isn’t doing well. I really like it!

• J.Norman says:

Downward Dog is a summer fill in show, nothing more. It would do very poorly against the fall or even spring line ups

If it maintains a it can obtain and maintain a .07. . .preferably .08. .then it might get brought back next summer.

• SusieT says:

There are a lot of good Fall/Spring shows that would be hits during the Summer. I wish they would just move them around. I understand that some shows cost a lot more to produce, but people will watch almost ANYTHING during the summer! I mean Big Brother (which I watch) comes on 3 nights a week and most of the show is just people laying around in bed talking. It wouldn’t even gonon my DVR if it came on during the Fall/Spring!

2. Gerald says:

iZombie is so good. Glad it is doing relatively well in the ratings. Glad it was picked up for another season :)

3. fernando933 says:

I think ABC still should renew Downward dog it’s doing way better then Still Star Cross.

4. Renee says:

I love Downward Dog! I really hope they’ll renew it.

5. Nooooooooooooooooooooo. I LOVE Downward Dog!!!

6. I started to watch this show but the dog is so depressing that I had to stop. So I’m not surprised the ratings are so low and as one person said above “this is a summer fill show nothing more”

7. I love this show. Share it with your friends. Get them to watch it. It’s really cute and deserves a chance.

8. Bella says:

I enjoy Downward Dog. I think the early reviews on it did it a dis-service, because the way they described the show made it sound stupid, and something along the lines of that Jenna Elfman show that got quickly canceled. The characters are appealing.

9. LolaHaze says:

I tried with this show, I really did but if I had to hear that dog say, “like” one more time, I was going to hurl something at my TV.

10. Stephanie G. says:

This show is one of the best new comedies I’ve seen in a while. I hope it gets renewed but I don’t trust ABC to know what gold it has in Downward Dog.

11. Carrie says:

I really hope they bring this back next summer. I enjoy this show. The dog is hilarious.

12. Ali says:

I enjoy watching Downward Dog. For me, there is something sort of zen with Martin the dog. I hope to see it around for another summer season.

13. Lilian says:

Absolute love this show. I want to start a season 2 renewal campaign for this show. All of The current abc comedies are about families. Downward dog is a refreshing change. I hope ABC gives it a chance to grow.

14. Downward Dog is incredibly poignant, well written, touching show, not a cute comedy, which the initial trailers and premise suggested. I hope it stays, it has become a must see TV for me.

15. Renee Pasley says:

I love this show and have been telling everyone to watch. I think it just needs to focus on Martin and Nan and keep her whole career and ex boyfriend out of the picture. I refuse to watch any of the stupid reality shows or even more stupid game shows. This show has great writing and should be able to hold up if it just got more hype.

16. Ceil says:

Remember what happened with Star Trek!!!!