Young Restless Renewed

The Young and the Restless Gets 3 More Seasons, as CBS Renews Daytime Slate

Genoa City is going to stay in a hot lather until at least the year 2020.

CBS on Tuesday announced that The Young and the Restless — the No. 1 daytime drama for 28 consecutive years — has been renewed for not one, not two, but three more seasons.

CBS in fact now has renewed its entire daytime slate, picking up The Price Is Right for another two seasons and ordering new cycles of The Talk and Let’s Make a Deal. (The Bold and the Beautiful, which recently celebrated its 30th anniversary, had previously been renewed through the 2017-18 TV season.)

The Talk‘s renewal comes in the wake of Aisha Tyler announcing that she will be exiting the Daytime Emmy-winning panel of cohosts.

“CBS Daytime has never been stronger,” Angelica McDaniel, EVP of Daytime Programs and Syndicated Program Development, CBS Entertainment and CBS Television Distribution, said in a statement. “From 30 consecutive years of being No. 1 in the ratings, to another year as the most honored network at the Daytime Emmys, our lineup of talk, game shows and dramas connects with our audience like no one else.”

Which of CBS Daytime’s brand-new renewals has you most excited?

1. June Ganser says:

You have got to be kidden???????????????????????????????Didn’t think any soaps were on anymore.

2. kmw says:

Congrats to all. CBS has a good daytime line up

3. steven says:

I don’t think there’s been a new daytime soap since Passions premiered in 1999. There should be a new one on.

4. Iakovos says:

Am glad to see CBS committed to daytime programming. I wish the Eye would see to develop another daytime drama. I know that proverbial ship may have sailed, but I miss the many stories. Too much talk talk talk and infotainment anymore. If any web could make it happen, it is CBS.

• LizWebberFan says:

I would love to see either a new soap premiere or one of the old ones get revived. I definitely miss the days when the afternoons were filled with soap operas.

I wish the networks would take a chance and revive some of the old soap operas using the telenovela format and air them in prime time during the summer. All they air during the summer are game shows and repeats anyway. I think it would be worth a try to revive some of the old soaps.

Either that or I would like to see one of these streaming services revive or create a soap using the traditional daytime format.

5. Diane says:

So so happy love this soap. Hope it stays on forever!!!!

6. april-ann says:

Makes me realize I still miss All My Children and One Life to Live.

7. Kevin Tran says:

Let Price is Right end in the near future. Drew Carey is the worst game show ever.

8. Jessika says:

I watch it sometimes but some of the characters are irritating such as, Sharon, Lily, crazy Chloe and the awful voiced Victor Newman. I loved Michael Muhney as Adam, it would be great to see him back on the show. The best actor to play Billy Abbot was Billie Miller . The new Billy just does not compare to Billie Miller. The story lines could use some improvement.. Also in all fairness its racist to have the maid be Latin.

• Lisa Schwall says:

I greatly agree with you Jessica!
      I loved Michael Murphy and the
      BEST EVER BILLY ABBOTT…BILLY MILLER!

9. d282 says:

There are 4 soap operas left on TV. The only soap opera that I was ever interested in was General Hospital. I have not watched it in a long time.

10. Wanda Rhinehart says:

Watched from day one so glad your keeping the great programing recorded when I worked now disabled it a joy I have each day .its amazing how some people and there night programs are night time soaps am I not right

11. Suzan says:

I’m glad Bold & Beautiful is still on hope they never drop it either❤ Excited for Y & R sure Miss Billy Miller!

12. Lisa Schwall says:

I am HAPPY to hear
    ” The Young and the Restless”
    is renewed! My FAVORITE!

13. Verna Dody says:

I watch 2: The Young and the Restless and General Hospital. I like Y & R the best. I even tape it when on vacation.

14. Felicia Yates says:

I love the young and the restlessness! Keep the young and the restlessness on.

15. Helena Anderson says:

I wish As the world turn come back.want to know what happened when Jack/Carly was get marriage it went off air.what happened to Guilding Light.they were my favorite show,alone with Young &Restness, The Bold &Beautiful

16. Debra Banks says:

CBS is still king of daytime television, winning every emmy , I Aisha all the best in her future

17. Krista Pound says:

How can I get them on dvd

18. I have watched Y&R since it started.I love the characters,just get tired of them marrying each other’s spouse.It ha come along way sice beginning.I do not like when they change characters.,I do get really tired of Sharon,also. DoJack and Nick wear a hair piece?💕

19. Diane White says:

I simply love Y&R, glad they resigned. Going to miss Aishia on the talk.

20. Mickey says:

I am saddened to hear that Steve Burton is coming back. I don’t think he’s all that. I wish you would bring Adam back,because I am tired of Nick. Why all the men’s are so weak no backbone…The women’s is controlling (Devon/weak,Neal,Noel,Nick,are push-over)

21. Terry says:

I have watched the young and the restless since day one. I will no longer watch this show due to the same sex story line. I wonder how many more long time viewers you will loose.