Bachelor in Paradise's DeMario Jackson: 'My Character Has Been Assassinated'

The male contestant at the center of the Bachelor In Paradise scandal is lawyering up.

In a statement released to E! News, DeMario Jackson is speaking out against what he refers to as “malicious allegations” against his character. According to reports, a producer expressed concern about an alleged sexual encounter between Jackson and Corinne Olympios, which questioned whether she was able to give consent.

Jackson’s statement reads as follows: “It’s unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations. I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws.”

Olympios has also released a statement of her own, claiming that she is a victim and has sought out “a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life.”

Shortly after production was suspended over the weekend, Warner Bros. released its own statement, saying, “We have become aware of allegations of misconduct on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico. We have suspended production and we are conducting a thorough investigation of these allegations. Once the investigation is complete, we will take appropriate responsive action.”

1. Steven says:

I don’t see production continuing on this…

2. ragnar51 says:

So, they are both victims here, how original!!

• Patrick says:

No, they may (and probably are) both victims. She was too drunk to consent. It appears that he was also too drunk to consent. If neither is fit to consent, both are equally guilty of being victims as well as perpetrators in the eyes of the law. The only sober people were the crew and the producers. Given that they were in custodial-like positions, WB and Disney are in real trouble. Both these folks are about to get paid.

• Fabrizia says:

Custodians? These people are adults!!! He’s a victim of her libels, that’s for sure.

• GregJ. says:

Thank you Patrick, well put. I hope this delt with as quickly as possible. I hope the both of them can come to some resolution and find peace. God Bless them.

• Patrick says:

• ncmacasl says:

Very true. Production team should have stepped in and there needs to be stricter standards on these dating shows (and all reality shows)

• Ange says:

Victims of poor judgment for agreeing to go on the stupid show to begin with.

3. Wrstlgirl says:

I honestly don’t think he would have lawyered up if Corinne hadn’t. She and her producer BFF’s are driving this train wreck. It’s come out that most if not all of the other contestants (some of them witnessed the incident) have distanced themselves from her and are backing DeMario 100%.

• Anne says:

It’s smart that they both got representation. The network will want to protect itself and their team of lawyers would have walked right over the both of them.

• Wrstlgirl says:

Of course it’s smart. What I’m saying is that if Corinne and her “team” hadn’t lawyered up and are obviously going for a pay day that DeMario wouldn’t have. She has not accused him of doing anything wrong (yet). She’s going after ABC and Warner Bros. and will probably accuse them of over serving her, etc. This girl will not take any responsibility for her obvious alcoholism which directly contributes to her aggressive behavior. Now that she has Singer involved he will most likely go after DeMario. So hell yes, now he has to lawyer up. I think he did so because of her, not because of anything ABC is doing or saying. I could be wrong but that’s how I see it.

• Kimberly Mlejnek says:

I think your 100% right…. Her statements was so clearly taking lawsuits and he is doing what he needs to protect himself. I am a woman who 100% supports the victim. But I ABHOR fake claims… And this is sounding like a setup. Esp what the heck is she on the show for with a bf… Who HAPPENS to be a producer. WTH….

• Fabrizia says:

He needs to protect himself from her statements. His beef isn’t with the network at this stage.

4. Emily w says:

From these various statements …. Shouldn’t the producers stepped in to stop anything before it happened? They have camera, producers, and sober eyes watching everything. If she wasn’t able to give consent why did they stop things before they occurred and not afterwards? I’m not casting blame or innocence on either but I think there should be more questions being asked of the production team not just these two parties.

5. Juke says:

At least they’re attempting to do something instead of just covering it up. (USA gymnastics, take a hint…)

6. There is a strong likelihood that the entire cast signed contracts releasing production from any responsibility if they were to get too intoxicated and do something irresponsible so I do see this becoming a DeMario vs. Corinne thing.

7. keniri says:

Here’s a new concept that DeMario Jackson never thought of: don’t sexually harass women. These reality shows that deal with “hooking up” with other singles, I’m shocked that more crap like this doesn’t happen more often.

8. Nicole says:

I think this is all about Corrine extending her 15 minutes

• Wrstlgirl says:

I think it’s all about her covering up an embarrassing act of drunkin pool sex after her producer friend told her it would ruin her chances at another TV deal which was already in the works. Now, I will apologize profusely if it turns out that the assault did happen, but so far, I’m not buying it.

9. Bill says:

He is a participant on a bad reality show. I don’t think he has much character to assassinate.

10. Chuck says:

DeMario proved he was a slimebag on The Bachelorette, so I don’t put much stock in his claims. Why did they even put him on Bachelor in Paradise after he was dismissed from The Bachelorette in the third episode?!?

11. Cassie says:

Is it possible that maybe the production team egged it on for “better” footage/personal pleasure? Maybe they consented to a degree and production pushed it further or the whistleblower blew the actual actions out of the water. There’s got to be a reason why DeMario is pleading for the tape release.

• Wrstlgirl says:

He’s requesting the tape be released because he swears it proves that he is innocent of sexual assault.

• Fabrizia says:

She’s accusing him of RAPE. Of course he want the tape out. There are no whisteblowers here.

• Cassie says:

The way I understood the story is that a member of the production team felt uncomfortable with what took place and spoke directly with Corrine the next morning who then filed a sexual assault complaint. Did I misunderstand?

• Wrstlgirl says:

She felt uncomfortable with what she heard took place, from what I understand the producer who filed the complaint did not actually see the event in question. No one has said anything about rape, there was no intercourse. Of course this is all speculation, piecing together what we’ve read in social media. Only the tape knows the truth and I doubt that will ever be released to the public.

12. Marsha Summers says:

Corrine had no business on the show., she has a boyfriend. she is acting:like a tramp. going by:previous behavior. i:see:her initiating the:incident. :she:has:no:consequences:for:her:behavior.:

13. MELODY MORDENTE says:

IN MY OPINION I THINK THEY BOTH (OLYMPIOS&DEMARIO),ARE BOTH IN THE WRONG,THEY BOTH ARE ADULTS&THEY BOTH KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING&THEY BOTH KNOW RIGHT FROM WRONG&NEITHER ONE OF THEM WANT TO ADMIT THAT THEY BOTH CROSSED THE LINE,THEY BOTH OLYMPIOS&DEMARIO WANT TO BLAME EACH OTHER,SO THEY BOTH SHOULD BE KICKED OFF THE SHOW&HAVE TO SUFFER SERIOUS CONSEQUINCES FOR THEIR ACTIONS&BEHAVIOUR,THEY SHOULD HAVE TO PAY A BIG HEFTY FINE TO WHERE THAT KIND OF BEHAVIOUR IS NOT GOING TO BE TOLERATED AT ALL!

14. Elizabeth K Ward-Geen says:

Coming threw herself on Nick. So she probably did it with DeMarco. Just said that she could be more famous and more controversial on the show!!! Can you imagine if Nick allowed her to he’d be in the same situation!