Last Man Standing Renewed CMT Season 7 Tim Allen

Last Man Standing Revival Eyed at CMT

Last Man Standing might get back on its feet after all.

CMT is in preliminary talks to revive the cancelled ABC sitcom, according to The Hollywood Reporter. It’s far from a done deal, as CMT has to find a way to produce the network show on a cable budget. But it’s not unprecedented, either: CMT picked up the country-music soap Nashville last year after ABC cancelled it, and the Hayden Panettiere-led drama is now CMT’s highest-rated original scripted series.

ABC’s decision last month to axe Standing, which starred TV veteran Tim Allen as a conservative dad in a house full of women, was criticized by right-wing media as an attempt to silence conservative voices in a post-Trump world. Fans started online petitions to save the show and threatened to boycott ABC, and Allen himself tweeted that he was “stunned” and “blindsided” by ABC’s decision to pull the plug.

CMT does seem like a natural home for Last Man Standing: The channel already airs syndicated reruns of the show, and has since 2015.

Would you follow Last Man Standing from ABC to CMT? Drop your thoughts in a comment below.

1. TJ says:

They air re-runs of LMS before Nashville. Why not air originals episodes? Nashville has been a success for them.

2. Reba42 says:

This would make me so happy! I love this show, and I’m a super hard liberal.

• Ben says:

I love it as a liberal too. I genuinely think far too many people read into politics when considering this shows viewer base and why it was cancelled. But, I will admit, CMT is a natural fit, so good luck.

3. TV Is My Pacifier says:

That news made my day! Fingers crossed it actually happens!!

4. 134sc says:

I hope this goes through. Ive watched from the start and enjoyed it, but recently ive been binging on Netflix and i rediscovered how good the show really is. Its very funny and it does a good job of dealing with common everyday problems faces by families in an honest way.

5. Stu says:

Eeeeek lets this crap die. And before you attack me it has nothing to do with politics, it has to do with my detest of Tim Allen, I even hated Home Improvement back in the day. But I guess congratulations goes out to the fans since we all know what it’s like to lose a show you love.

• taran63 says:

I’m not trying to be rude, but if you detest Tim Allen and hated Home Improvement, then why did you ever watch this show? It probably wasn’t ever going to be a show you liked.

• Charlaine Andrulor says:

Hate…what a horrible word…being used so often now …..so sad that you would hate a guy on a TV show….he actually represents what a loving husband & father should be like. He did on his other show also. Shame on you.

• Keith says:

I usually don’t watch shows I hate and I definitely don’t complain about-I simply watch what I like

6. Brian says:

So they revive it then Mike dies in a hunting accident halfway through the season, right?

7. Julie Ebel says:

Of course I would follow them to CMT. Love this show. I am not a trump supporter but This show is so much like my life. My husband is so Tim Allen and I am a little like his tv wife. I also have 3 girls that are similar. Lol

8. Heather says:

I would be so happy to see LMS continue, I live this show as the focus is family before politics. This point is proved by the people I know who watch it and love it, a big mix of conservatives and liberals. I do hope CMT picks it up!

9. Becky Vechey says:

I would definitely follow Last Man Standing to any network. It is a great show with a great cast. Couldn’t believe it was canceled.

• Rose says:

There is so many angles to the show which makes it so great!
      I know that it had good ratings. I was stunned…found it unbelievable…that it was cancelled. But now I realize I should have expected it.
      The network caters to all of the whiney libs who are so, so offended.
      PLEASE, GET OVER YOURSELVES! The world isn’t here to do everything in order to avoid your precious little sensitivity! You’re offended?? Deal with it. We ALL have to at some point of another.
      Thanks for your input. It’s nice to know that others feel the same way.
      I wish the network could explain WHY it would cancel this…other than the obvious political issues. PATHETIC!
      I WILL watch it.
      But I will avoid ABC no matter what.

10. westwingwolf says:

I imagine to get this done on a cable budget, they’d either reduce the number of episodes or cut some characters. My guess is not all the daughters will be seen in every episode if this works out. Maybe Tim Allen would be willing to take a pay cut. I kind of doubt it, but you’d think some money would be better than no money.

11. mary Schaeffer says:

I love Last Man standing and I would definitely watch it if it aired on CMT!

12. Suzie Hauck says:

YAYCMT! The show featured a d encouraged his daughters a d his wife to firm their own political opinions as well as openly supporting democrat Hiliary Clinton. Have a sense of humor people a d keep your ignorance to yourself! One of the few Laugh out loud shows that are entertaining! Great writing, great acting💜

• Anne says:

I mean, Liberals haven’t been dumping on this show …. it’s been conservatives who have made it political. Just sayin

13. Jim J. says:

Even though I don’t even watch “Last Man Standing”, I will be happy to see a deal for a revival of it be reached. Now if TBS would do the same with “2 Broke Girls” (also abruptly cancelled by its network, CBS, after its sixth season), I’ll be even more happy.

14. Trent Blinkylight says:

We’re not quite “Post-Trump” just yet, please don’t jinx us

15. Dee Willoughby says:

I would so watch it- I can’t believe ABC was idiotic enough to cancel it- best show on TV and the only one I watched on that network for some time- Please pick it up- Please

• georgee says:

I can believe ABC would be idiotic. In the last two years since Channing Dungey, took over from Paul Lee in Feb 2016 (president of abc tv) three times we have heard of a boycotting ABC. The first time was after the firing of Stana Katic from Castle causing the show to be canceled. After the big bold train wreck of the story line in season 8, 85% of the fans that were left would not watch it without both leads. The second time was after LMS was canceled, again like Castle it was because of budget cuts. And now the third time Golbergs is the new show where we heard the word boycott, PC problem here. All three of these shows have and had good ratings in the 18-49 age group. ABC is the only network we hear the word boycott. But they renewed a show like Quantico who has less overall viewers than the other three. Idiotic yes or maybe the job is too big for Ms. Dungey.

• Rose says:

Same for me! It was great to read your comment.
      Let’s pray it gets picked up and continues on!

16. Juanita Lamoureux says:

Unfortunately our cable company does not have CMT. .Though I wish them all the luck.I was hoping another network picks it up.

• John says:

Just watch it on Netflix or watch it online somewhere

• KLS says:

Most people don’t have Netflix, CMT is a subscription channel (even online, you need to have a cable subscription and in your package) to get it through their app, and some people don’t have the Internet bandwidth to stream. Putting LMS on CMT will reduce it’s audience significantly. (You might be able to see it illegally from somewhere, but I won’t get into that).

• John says:

Most people do haven Netflix. Way more then CMT. And it’s 2017 net is fast.
          I would much rather it survive then die, regardless of channel.

• joey B. says:

mine does but charges extra Comcast!!!! bring back the show but to any other network how about fox

17. kmw says:

Nice that possibly a network might take it. I know it was expensive for ABC but it was stupid for them to cancel LMS for all of its other sub 1 shows. Hope it works out

18. Mike says:

Damn right!!

19. A.D. says:

Man I hope this happens!

20. Big Cheddar says:

I never watched it, but I hope it happens for all the fans of the show.

21. RICHARD says:

Best show on television. Great comedy, great chemistry, real americana. Love this show.

22. Bill says:

I can’t see it happening. Tim Allen makes too much for a cable channel to pick it up. I love the show so I hope it happens but I’m not very optimistic.

23. Steven b schooler says:

I think that last man standing should be put on cmt and get back on the air it was a very funny show

24. Erik sprowls says:

I would follow that show to CMT and beyond!

25. Vickie haynes says:

I love love love love last man standing. Please keep it on!!!@!@

26. Maureen says:

Yes it is one of the few shows my entire family enjoy watching together.

27. LizWebberFan says:

CMT is a good place for it. I hope they are able to come to terms for a deal to revive it.

28. Holly says:

May this awesome show be resurrected soon!
    God bless you always!!!
    Holly in East Tennessee

29. kathy finnegan says:

Yes, yes, yes!!!!

30. Janet E. says:

Yes,yes,yes-I would follow. This is my favorite show. I must have been living under a rock because I just found this show and love it. I am very upset they cancelled it. For me, it isn’t political- just a very funny show that I DVR and watch over and over and never stop laughing. Thank you to the cast of Last Man Standing!

31. DreamRose311 says:

Only if Nickeloden airs it later that night like they do with Nashville! Which would be a good fit too really… Finges are crossed so hard for this.

32. Brenda says:

Absolutely I would watch. Love Tim Allen & his TV family. I hope CMT picks up tohis show, you would have a loyal fan, along with my family.

33. Nancy Pedersen says:

Would definitely watch it on CMT!!!!! Love this show!!!

34. Kevin says:

Great News! I hope it happens

35. Vivian ferro says:

That would be awesome. I signed the petition and have not watched “that ” station since. And since CMT already shows reruns of LMS. It be a perfect fit
    Please CMT. Please pick this great show up

36. Angela Warren says:

ABSOLUTELY NOT! IT’S BEEN ON ABC..WHICH IS A CHANNEL THAT COMES IN OVER THE AIR…CMT..IS ON CABLE! WHAT ARE THE PEOPLE WITHOUT CABLE SUPPOSE TO DO?

• TheDude says:

its already canceled. youd rather it not continue then find new lifr on a network you dont have? sucks to be you

• Anne says:

You could buy the DVDs. Kinda selfish to wish for something to not come back just cause you don’t have that channel.

• KLS says:

Not to be picky or anything, but mosr people don’t get ABC “over the air” any more either.

37. I don’t care about anyone’s politics, all I care about is how much I enjoy Tim. Go for it CMT, Maybe the broadcast networks would wise up and not show so much sport shows and get busy entertaining us again. They used to be one of the most watched networks in the USA. GO FOR IT CMT!

38. Toni McNeely says:

Absolutely we will follow Last Man Standing to CMT…. make sure to support its advertisers. Great, creative family show!

39. Lupe says:

I am extremely excited and hope that they do pick up Last Man Standing. It is a great show. I watch all the reruns on CMT when i get home from work. This show is awesome. I hope ABC drops dramatically in ratings so that they see what assh###s they were when they pulled this show from airing!!! Love Last Man Standing!!!!!! Don’t give up. We all want to see everyone again!!!!!

40. JEAN LATUCCI says:

Love last man standing. Have watched Tim Allen for years and want so much for him to come back in cm t. Have been watching reruns over and over. Can’t get enough.

41. Sarah D says:

Sounds promising. Hope they do pick it up.

42. Julia says:

I don’t watch the show, but great idea! Seems like a good fit for CMT.

43. Yes, I would definitely watch it!

44. Imagecrafters says:

I sure would! We only just discovered LMS and devour all the episodes we can find!

45. Denise Figueroa says:

This is not a good deal for many people like me who do not have money to pay for cable TV. I rely on Antenna TV. I love “Last Man Standing”, was hoping they would find a home on CBS, NBC, FOX, ION TV OR CW11. It’s​ unfair and unfortunate that all these good shows would up on cable. Think of us, the financial struggling viewers. Thank you.

46. Barbara Agnew says:

Absolutely!!!

47. Delores totten says:

Last Man Standing is a great decent show….it was pulling in viewers..it will be a big plus on your lineup….also look into Dr Blake’s Mystery

48. Cynthia Quinn says:

I would follow last man standing anywhere, but I think CMT would be a great fit!!!

49. Linda Dunphy says:

I love this show and will absolutely follow to CMT or any other channel! The whole cast is perfect, I may not agree with all the politics on Last Man Standing, it is smart and funny! I Followed Nashville and I will follow Last Man Standing!!!!!

50. Gary Ward says:

Yes. Even the reruns are not boring. It is a good family show. CMT is a favored station in the house and neighborhood.