Fall TV Preview
Fall TV Poll Popularity

Fall TV Poll: Which New Shows Are You Most Looking Forward To?

The Fall TV season may be months away, but it is never too soon to gauge your interest in the many shiny and new (or new-ish) shows heading to your TV screen.

Already, TVLine has handed you the tools to see What’s New for the fall (including full descriptions and cast lists) as well as take stock of What’s On When, and Versus What (by handily listing the day, time and competition for every broadcast series).

We’ve also shared with you the trailers for many of the new shows coming to ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW.

Review that bounty of Fall Preview assets, then cast your vote in the polls below for the FOUR new dramas and TWO freshman comedies that you are most anxious to start watching. Or, you can just make hard-and-fast judgements based on the painfully succinct synopsis listed alongside each poll option. Dealer’s choice.

Fun fact: Last year, ABC’s Designated Survivor led the dramas poll, followed by This Is Us, Timeless and, well, Conviction. On the comedy front, NBC’s The Good Place was your most anticipated new comedy.

1. Zayne says:

You forgot The Resident in the Drama category.

2. kmw says:

I am sorry to say but not one is really interesting except Seal Team but even that I am having doubts on( even with DB on board) on the drama side but Ghosted sounds good on FOX

3. 9JKL looks like someone is trying to win a contest to make the worst TV show of the year

• Temperance says:

Really? It was actually funny, unlike so many of the current so-called comedies. I’m not sure it has legs, but it has a great cast.

• Lyndy says:

I agree it’s horrible atrocious…but knowing the CBS audience, it won’t be a shock if this show does well. After all this is were 2BG thrived!

• Chaosrainz says:

Seems like there was something similar to this a few years back and it didn’t work. I can’t imagine this one will either.

4. marco says:

The Gifted because Acker. And it’s better be good.

5. Ross Bonaime says:

Does The Orville really count as a drama? That seems wrong.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Hmm, fair point. And in 2015, we did list hour-long Scream Queens as a “comedy.” OK, switch made!

6. ….. Very eagerly awaiting for ” ABSENTIA ” ……only!!! As for the others, it’s a NO for me.
    Thank you for asking.

7. Chance says:

Gifted and Inhumans only.

8. Thisismenow says:

Seal Team only because of DB. Honestly, the one show that had me ready to tune in this fall was the Marc Cherry and Reba project. It still stings it was passed on

• fernando933 says:

After Desperate Housewives, ABC have treated Marc so wrong, pass Devious Maids, Now passes this show. Marc was there before Shonda and could have given them a lot of shows to air

• I love Reba and Marc but this drama just did not sound great to me, though I would have watched for sure. I just have a feeling the pilot was a dud. If it was more a Housewives-type of dramedy I could see it being a success. But a serious gothic drama about a female Kentucky sheriff working with a FBI Agent of Middle Eastern descent just seems a bit too heavy handed. I adore Reba as a singer, performer, and comedic actress but just have misgivings about what she could bring to a serious role like this other than an accent and her natural charm. I certainly hope it’s still picked up somewhere and I’m proven wrong.

9. Eva says:

The Crossing and Will and Grace, neither of which is in the polls. Everything else seems blah.

10. Emma says:

Can’t wait for SEAL Team 👍

11. JC1 says:

The only new show I’m interested in this year is Black Lightning, and it’s not a fall show.

12. Kim says:

Is there a “none of the above” selection?

13. kirads09 says:

None of the above (just being honest)

14. Adam says:

Surprised the L&O spinoff isn’t higher. Edie Falco ya’ll!!!

15. Suz says:

There really needs to be a “none of the above” selection. It’s doubtful if I’ll be picking up any new shows this fall. Thank goodness for Hulu, Netflix and Amazon!

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

If I believed that people would use “None of the above” honestly, versus instinctively click on it as a snarky/cynical “rebel against The Man!” hipster, I would include it. Over the years, alas, the Internet has taught me things.

• Liz says:

Ha. Wise man,

• Ally Oop says:

I’ll disagree. When you guys post your yearly “Keep or Cut” polls, you give us the option of selecting the “Not sure because I haven’t watched” option and I think it keeps the polls from skewing too much. If only the American election had a “neither” option…

• Feh says:

The snarky/cynical “rebel against The Man!” hipster, would click The CW options though.

16. ginny says:

How about a none of above for either category button?

17. Michael Summerset says:

I can’t say I’m really interested in any of the new shows. I’ll check out Seal Team, SWAT (when it eventually airs) and The Orville. I’ll also probably watch Inhumans, partially because even if it isn’t that good it should be watchable for it’s limited run.

18. LizJ says:

The Good Doctor…loved the Korean version, hopefully ABC will not ruin it. Otherwise, The Gifted and Marvel’s Inhumans.

19. T.W.S.S. says:

“Gifted” looks terrible, but I’m obligated to check it out as a fan of comic-book adaptations and Amy Acker.

“Inhumans,” terrible ad campaign aside, actually interests me because of its MCU ties and Serinda Swan.

“Ten Days in the Valley” looks interesting, but after “Revenge” and “Grey’s,” I don’t watch ABC dramas that aren’t sci-fi-related, and even some of those were impossible to finish (looking at you “V” and “OUAT”).

“The Mayor” looks okay, but the only comedies I was looking forward to were “Linda From HR” and “The Sackett Sisters.”

20. Jane says:

Is this really all of the new shows for next Fall? I’ve given up on a lot of shows and was hoping for replacements. Not looking promising.

21. Ray says:

Only The Gifted looks like anything worth getting excited about.

22. annna says:

drama-seal team comedy-the mayor

23. MMD says:

None of the above to be truthful although I am looking forward to Will & Grace. I will give Young Sheldon a try but it would be truly stretching it to say I’m interested – just mildly curious. I’m hoping it will surprise me.

24. Dee says:

Still bitter. So many good or still developing shows that were cancelled and this is the best the networks have to offer? I don’t see even one that peaks my interest. Thankfully there’s Netflix and Amazon, and the old fall back, Nook and Kindle.

25. Kevin Tran says:

SEAL Team, SWAT and Young Sheldon are the three new shows I’m really looking forward to in the Fall. 9JKL is the likely candidate for the first new show to get cancelled.

26. Ann says:

I know it’s a midseason show, but I’m looking forward to Rise.

• Gena says:

Same here. :) Otherwise, I’m not particularly interested in any of the dramas…

As for comedies, I at least want to give ‘Ghosted’ and ‘Me, Myself & I’ a look. (Maybe ‘Young Sheldon,’ too — I imagine it’ll probably be a continuity nightmare for longtime BBT fans, but I liked the throwback tone and feel of the “first look” trailer…)

27. Ann says:

I know it’s a midseason show, but I’m looking forward to Rise.

28. Ken says:

This is the first year in a long time that not one show interests me in the least. This may be the worst crop of new shows in decades.

• Goldenvibefan says:

yeah this pilot season is subpar. Doesn’t help that the most interesting CW pilot didn’t get picked up (Searchers).

29. MLO says:

Top pick is The Good Doctor. Freddy Highmore can do no wrong in my book.

30. makparis says:

On the drama side, I’m very excited about “The Good Doctor” (Freddie Highmore! Richard Schiff! David Shore!) and “The Gifted” (Amy Acker! Coby Bell! supernatural powers, government conspiracies — this was made for me). The only other show from the upfronts that had me as excited was Black Lightning and I’ve got to wait awhile for that. I’ll give “The Gospel of Kevin” a chance because I like Jason Ritter and the premise if done right could make for a very good show. And of course I enjoy good looking, broody heroes so I will check out “Seal Team” and “S.W.A.T.”

On the comedy side, “The Orville” has potential, but it could be a disaster. “Me, Myself, and I” appears to have some heart and some humor and hopefully enough of both to keep me coming back.

31. Billy meacham says:

Gonna check out:

The gifted
    Seal team
    SWAT
    The orville
    Marvels inhumans
    The good doctor (only because of Freddie highmore)
    The brave

32. Brynna says:

Aside from Inhumans and Gifted the fall slate is looking pretty dull. Had a hard time finding ones to pick!

33. Brian says:

It seems like the Fall premiers are often bad, but the mid-season shows are better. 9JKL looks like a typical fall show that will be promoted for months and months until you’ve seen every single scene from the pilot and will last three weeks before getting cancelled.

34. J. Norman says:

Wow, at this stage I can honestly say I’m not looking forward to any of them. . .none.

That is not to say whether I could get interested in . . .maybe a couple of them in the fall, but I’m sure not anxiously awaiting any of them.
    So,I couldn’t vote for even one in either drama or comedy based on these descriptions.

If I had to make a pick (e.g. at gunpoint) I would opt for The Gifted from the dramas and The Orville from the comedies.

35. Maria says:

I’m going to check out the first ep of Dynasty just to see the similarities and differences between it and the original…..for nostalgia’s sake. :)
    Otherwise, no new shows for me. I’ve learned not to watch first-year shows because too many get cancelled. I read about them, and if something interesting gets a second season, I watch the reruns over the summer (if possible, such as on Hulu) and then try out season 2 the following fall.

36. Volcfom says:

I had to skip the drama category, as I’m not watching any of the new ones. I like the casting in a few of them, but not enough to stomach the premise. Bring on the midseason premieres!

37. Boone says:

S.W.A.T!!!! Shawn Ryan (the creator of The Shield and Timeless) is the showrunner. So… I love that show already.

38. Jess says:

Excited for SEAL Team, SWAT, Dynasty, Valor, and Wisdom of the Crowd when it comes to dramas. The comedies I’m excited for are Young Sheldon and the Mayor.

39. richard says:

The only thing I am actually looking forward to is “Will & Grace”.

40. Bradley Laing says:

I really want to know more about mid-season network shows, more than the fall ones. Inhumans on ABC is the most interesting fall show. But “Reverie,” “The Crossing ” and “Deception” (ABC stage magician fights crime show) are what I want to know more about.

41. Tom says:

Still surprised people are looking forward to Young Sheldon

42. c-mo says:

None. They all sound stupid and overly dramatic or stupid and unfunny.

43. Kristina says:

The only new fall stuff will be Ghosted and The Mayor for me. Mid season will hopefully be great though with Rise, Deception, Champions, The Resident and 911 all sounding better or more interesting…

44. Gospino says:

Maybe The Gifted and Ten Days in the Valley out of a weak crop. I usually like the CW offerings, but this fall’s newbies might belie that statement.

45. mia says:

where’s the poll for the ones that will get cancelled next fall, lol

46. Kris says:

Hard pass on all of them.

47. JJ says:

Dynasty!! I miss the soapy, over the top dramas of The CW and Dynasty looks right up that alley.

48. Ethel says:

Me, Myself and I only because of John Larroquette

49. JohnnyW says:

It seems it’s gonna be a very bad fall