Sunday Night With Megyn Kelly

Ratings: Sunday Night With Megyn Kelly Edges Out 60 Minutes Rerun

The tepidly received debut of NBC’s Sunday Night With Megyn Kelly drew 6.1 million total viewers and a 0.8 rating, besting a 60 Minutes encore (6.6 mil/0.6) in the demo while delivering 453,000 fewer viewers.

TVLine readers gave the newsmagazine’s launch an average grade of “D.”

Leading out of Megan Kelly, American Ninja Warrior: USA vs. The World rose to 4.2 mil and a 1.1.

Over on ABC, coverage of the NBA Finals course dominated, delivering 15.5 million total viewers and a 5.7 rating (per fast nationals). That’s up 8 percent and two tenths from last year’s Game 2 (which in finals went on to tally 17.6 mil/6.5).

1. Al says:

Wasn’t 60 mins a repeat?

2. Natalie says:

Warriors!

3. LT says:

Expect that to go down…I could barely get through that Putin interview.

4. Juke says:

“Tepid” is a good way to describe her negligible appeal. If you love Fox News, well, she’s a harpy who helped bring down Billo and you aren’t going to watch her. If you hate Fox News, she’s just one of their complicit, hypocritical blondes you wouldn’t trust to tell the time and you aren’t going to watch her. Lose lose.

• PG says:

Not a fan of Fox News. Like Megyn Kelly. Not saying I will watch her new show. Just offering a different opinion.

• Angela says:

Exactly. Kelly bought into the whole Fox spin machine (everybody knows Santa is white) because all she wanted was high ratings and high pay, ethics be d*mned. I hope she bombs in everything she does and NBC rues the day they hired her.

5. Adam says:

I like her with shorter hair.

6. Kevin Tran says:

Hope this year’s NBA Finals won’t be the same predicament than it was last year.

7. kmw says:

Wow it could barely beat a 60 Minutes re run. Putin didn’t nor does deserve any attention for his nonsense.

• Maggie says:

True, the Putin interview was unnecessary. Putin deserves to have our Intelligence services and media pay attention to his activities. But, anyone thinking that Putin was going to confess anything to Megyn Kelly or any other interviewer doesn’t understand Putin’s past as the head of the KGB. The man could be tortured and he wouldn’t reveal anything he doesn’t want us to know.

8. Lysh says:

I watched something about Henry the XIII on PBS. It was super interesting and seemed better than anything else that was on.

9. MMD says:

I watched Netflix. I refuse to watch Putin or anyone who gives him a platform, no matter the country.

10. Paul K says:

I am not a Fox News viewer but I tried Megyn Kelly’s show. I thought it was good actually. I was surprised by these comments and the low grade. I am going to tune in next week as well to see what she is offering. Hopefully it will improve!

• JBC says:

I agree. I gave it a try and thought it was interesting and well done. Honestly could only think of one of my favorite shows “The Americans” when she was interviewing Putin. That Philip and Elizabeth Jennings stuck in my mind. LOL I did enjoy the interview though and I thought the Cynthia McFadden interview with the lady from the drug company was very informative. I will check it out again. Whether you like Megyn or not, I think she does a good job whichever network she works for.

11. KayCeeCee says:

American Ninja Warrior did reasonably well considering that it was up against the NBA Finals.

12. heather says:

I don’t think she understood that her viewership came from Fox news! Most Fox News viewers will not give any NBC news program a look! Way too many snowflakes!

13. Pat says:

Megyn was the worst thing on FOX news. Glad she’s not there anymore.

14. Ethel says:

Does anyone even like Megan Kelley?

15. David Hess says:

I’ve always been a fan of Megyn Kelly, but I personally don’t think she is a good match for NBC’s audience.

16. I have no intention of watching Kelly on NBC or Greta on MSNBC, but I do think that the network is attempting to usurp some of Fox viewers and perhaps move at least symbolically toward wrestling the “fair and balanced” title from Fox by these personnel decisions. What always annoyed me about Kelly is that she was intellectually superior to O’Reilly and Hannity, possessing a high IQ, but sold out to the fake news of Fox, not out of ignorance but for her own personal ambition.

• Billy Bob Johnson says:

Fox News is an even bigger piece of crap network now that they lost their moneymaker. Last week they finished third in the ratings for the first time. Buh-bye, Fox.

17. Billy Bob Johnson says:

Can’t even beat a ’60 Minutes’ repeat. I didn’t watch because I don’t particularly like her style, plus there was no expectation that Putin would say anything remotely truthful.