Exclusive
Stitchers Anna Akana

Stitchers First Look: Camille Sees Sparks With YouTuber Anna Akana

YouTuber/author/actress Anna Akana joins the cast of Stitchers‘ third season as medical examiner Amanda Weston — but we’re more interested in the living bodies she’ll be examining during her time on the show.

As revealed by Freeform, Amanda will strike up a relationship with Camille (played by Allison Scagliotti), and TVLine has the exclusive first photos of their fated meeting in the sci-fi drama’s June 12 episode:

Stitchers Anna Akana

Stitchers Anna Akana

Naturally, Camille and Amanda also get to spend some time together outside of a medical facility, at what appears to be… a bar? With other people? Actually having fun? This really is a nice change of pace for Camille.

Stitchers Anna Akana

Fans of the Freeform drama will recall that Camille’s only real relationship has been with Linus (played by Ritesh Rajan), but she’s certainly hinted at her interest in women — and we can’t wait to see where this new pairing goes.

Stitchers returns on Monday, June 5 at 9/8c. Your hopes for Season 3? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. Tom says:

I forgot Allison Scagliotti was in this, she was awesome on Warehouse 13

2. Olivia says:

Hahaha I suspected this was going to happen at some point should the show continue. I love Camille and, well, I love ladies so… ready for the new season to begin!

I’ve never been a big fan of her with Linus anyway (my straight “I’m rooting for you! *fist pump*” on the show goes to Kirsten & Cameron)

3. Mike says:

NO! No, no, no, no, no!

“Youtuber” cannot become a job description. Do not call her that. If she is an actress, call her an actress. Do not let “Youtuber” become a thing people are. STOP.

• Wordsmith says:

Get with the times. If she can gain a following and make a decent living by posting blog videos about her cats, there’s no reason not to call her a professional Youtuber. It’s not like she’s doing adult films (though there’s nothing intrinsically wrong with that either).

• Michael Summerset says:

Calling someone a YouTuber is like calling someone a Facebooker because they use Facebook or a driver because they drive a car. It’s not wrong but it could be applied to just about anyone. And it encourages a misleading idea that all it takes to get recognized is to post things to YouTube. Facebook also changed it’s pay system recently so it’s become even harder to make money now.

• Wordsmith says:

The idea that you can get famous by posting to Youtube is only misleading if it’s false. Anna Akana IS actually famous for her Youtube posts.
          Also, there are plenty of people who drive cars professionally, and could thus legitimately be called drivers…

• Emily says:

A youtuber is a legit term used to describe famous uploaders on YouTube. I’ve heard this term a lot. This isn’t anything new.

4. Wordsmith says:

Is the medical examiner’s office putting out a 50s pinup calendar? That hairdo seems pretty classy for somebody who’s probably planning on spending most of her day with corpses and lab equipment.

5. Mike says:

Dougie Howser of medical examiners.

6. I probably am not allowed to ship her and linus and her and the hot medical examiner right?

7. meatwad says:

as long as she isn’t with someone from the NSA i’m good. it kills the show for me when most of the leads are with each other

8. Val says:

Noooo! I wanted her to hook up with Fisher!

• dana says:

Same here. i really liked the way her relationship was developing with Fisher. They had a lot of chemistry and it definitely seemed like the writers were planning for them to eventually be a couple. I guess they decided to go in another direction with her character,

• Alyssa says:

I actually loved the development she had with Fisher. I never really thought her and Linus were a great couple, but she had instant chemistry with Fisher. the way they showed them bonding over s2, especially after he got shot, made me think they were going to get them together, so I’m disappointed they decided not to pursue it. Hopefully this isn’t just a ploy to get more viewers, it seems like a lot of shows are doing that these days.

I still have hope she’ll get with Fisher, even if it’s just a little haha.

9. “but she’s certainly hinted at her interest in women” I don’t remember her ever being hinted at that on the show before, anyone remember what this is hinting at from the past? what episode?