Fall TV Preview
Supergirl Floriana Lima

Supergirl: Floriana Lima Steps Down as Series Regular, Will Recur in Season 3

Well, this doesn’t bode well for Supergirl‘s season-ending proposal.

Floriana Lima, who achieved series-regular status in the CW drama’s second season as Detective Maggie Sawyer, will return for Season 3 in a smaller capacity, TVLine has learned.

Of course, in addition to being one of National City’s finest detectives, Maggie is also the girlfriend of Alex Danvers, who ended Monday’s finale by asking Maggie to marry her. But rather than giving Alex an actual answer, Maggie simply smiled — perhaps knowing something the rest of us don’t about her future in town.

“We adore Floriana and have loved working with her to tell this inspiring story,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg says in a statement. “Although she’s not available to us as a series regular next season, as she’s looking to pursue other opportunities, we’re happy she’ll be returning for multiple episodes in Season 3.”

Update: In a pair of Friday evening tweets, Lima said, “The best part of playing Maggie is getting to share an inspiring LOVE story and representing the LGBTQ+ community…. While this role was only meant for one season, I’m excited to appear in Season 3, as we see the #Supergirl story unfold #Sanvers #NotOverYet.”

As Lima recently told TVLine during our visit to the set, “What’s important is to show [Maggie/Alex] as a relationship and not to focus fully on the fact that these are two gay women…. We want to treat it and give it as much thought as any other relationship, right, but also be mindful that we are representing a community that needs more representation. We want to get it right, and we want to really think things through.”

Your thoughts on Lima’s decision? What do you think this means for Alex and Maggie? Whatever’s on your mind, drop it in a comment below.

1. Rob says:

How long until Sanvers shippers cry foul?

• Its a career decision for the actress though, not a storytelling one

• Pure says:

That’s exactly what the producers of The 100 said about the departure of the actress playing Lexa.

The Clexa fans still howled.

• Rook says:

Clexa fans were upset with the way the character died.

• mpsutts says:

Ya but Lexa was a career decision. She was first position of Fear the Walking Dead but Lexa only became so popular as she appeared on the other show and it became an issue to end the characters story.

That being said, the Kill Your Gays trope is terrible and happened why to much is recent television seasons BUT I don’t think Lexa’s death was handled poorly. It was entirely necessary for the story to go the direction it did in the past season with Allie and the AI. That wouldn’t have happened if Lexa still had “the flame”.

Lexa’s death was heartbreaking, true, and many people, myself included, loved the relationship of Clexa because it was complex and interesting and organic not just because it was a trendy gay relationship. It is very important that we both spotlight the dangers of this trope and show LGBT characters with complexities past their queerness but the fact that Lexa became the face of this discussion is amazing. Though her death shook up people to talk about this again, The 100’s decision to kill her off should not undermine the fact that Clark and Lexa was one of the best portrayed LGBT relationships on TV. Not to mention the storylines leading up to and from that moment have made The 100 one of the best, and most underrated, sci-fi shows on tv.

• Sheila says:

That won’t stop fans from freaking out.

• rita says:

except writers arent changing the storytelling decision either, and will just go along with sprinkled in few eps sanvers story. so its on them too

• Now.

Mon-el over Maggie? Not watching any more. And I love Alex Danvers. But on principle I won’t watch S3. Because they did Sanvers for ratings ploy in S2. So they lost me and 1000’s in S3. They could do SO MUCH with Maggie in S3 but the writers/producers refuse to work that hard. Good God. Who is making decisions over there?

• Toni says:

Mon-El was a series regular role from the start. He has nothing to do with Maggie. There have only been two changes so far: Katie upped to regular and Floriana to recurring.

• Damn you are such a drama queen. the show is called SUPERGIRL not Sanvers. I get being disappointed that Maggie wont be a regular but not watching the entire show anymore just because of one character or shop ? Are you insane?

This is a show about the character Kara Zor-El and her journey not her sister or her sisters girlfriend. Hell Alex does not even exist in Supergirl comics and Maggie is part of Supermans support cast and married Batwoman. Meaning she does not even need to be in a Supergirl show. Mon-El however is a character with a long history that is deeply connected to the House of El and belongs 100 % into this show. God how much I hate these shippers who disrespect the source material.

So yeah Mon-El over Maggie. he is an important character of the Superman/Supergirl corner of the DC Universe. He is also connected to the Legion (same as Superman and Supergirl) who will very likely play a role in Season 3.

So if you and the “1000s” only watch a show called Supergirl for Supergirls sister and her girlfriend then you`ve been really watching the wrong show anyway.

This is a COMIC BOOK show, not Dawsons effing Creek.

• Ls says:

It’s good news to me I watch to see Supergirl and her adventures​.

• Maggie and Alex had maybe 5 minutes in every episode except E19. So you got your Supergirl and her adventures just fine. Just saying. Don’t mean to be a snot.

• JenJ says:

Exactly. I don’t care, I only watch it to see Supergirl’s adventures. That’s what the show is called.

• LaDonna says:

This. I like the Supergirl adventures, tracking down and fighting the bad guy, how is she going to defeat him/her stuff. I pretty much tune out when they start the relationship parts. This is “meh” news to me…really don’t care.

2. Well, this is disappointing.

3. Cait says:

I hope she’s still around a lot but honestly, she was barely a series regular this past season. Very underused.

4. katy says:

Its not like they utilized her in every episode this season anyway. Honestly? She felt more like a recurring this season too sometimes not even many episodes so I doubt this will change much tbh.

5. Gina says:

I know I’m in the minority, but I’m not sad or upset by this. Yes, I want Alex to be happy. But Maggie was just boring to me. I feel like she and Kara were never going to be on the same page. As long as they don’t turn Alex into a spinster, I’m ok with this.

• somehow i doubt they will. its not like the cw to keep a character single

• Pamela says:

I agree. Besides most people don’t end up together with their first relationship anyway.

• Sara says:

I tend to agree. And I never felt that she liked Kara.

I really really like the actress but was only iffy on the character. But she is 1000% time better than Lyra

Besides, recurring could mean She appears throughout the season just not in all eps

• Ale says:

Agree! Nothing against Floriana (wish her the best in her future projects!) but I never really cared about Maggie, so I’m ok with this decision. The only sad part is that I really want to see Alex happy. And I hope the Sanvers/Maggie fans understand that this was a decision made by Floriana and not the producers.

• angeldove says:

I feel the same. Maggie was extremely boring and I am not sad to see her leave either. I care more about Cat Grant and Superman having a lot more air time.

6. Cate says:

This is worrying for Sanvers fans. I’m guessing Floriana Lima wants to be back in LA for more work opportunities than in Vancouver playing someone’s girlfriend. Didn’t I hear she was dating Casey Affleck too?

While she has been listed as a series regular, she hasn’t had as much to sink her teeth into as some characters – the bulk of the drama has focussed on Alex and her reactions to the developing relationship. Still, while I love Sanvers, a wedding seems a bit premature IMO. I was hoping to see more of them as a couple before diving into marriage. Wonder what will happen now? Maggie working elsewhere? A rift between Alex and Maggie? Or just the character kind of disappearing like James had this year.

7. Nat says:

I mean, she wasn’t really a series regular though right? Maggie didn’t even had a storyline of her own, as much as I love Sanvers, she was treated as just as the love interest for Alex. I don’t find it surprising at all that she’s “looking to pursue other opportunities”, as an actress who was supposed to be a series regular, she deserves batter.

• alex says:

mte to your last part. if they wanted to keep her around, they would give her more this season but they obviously are fine with her moving on, so i rather she looks for better opportunity.

• The Rookie says:

Maybe they wanted to keep her but her decision might be related to a limited number of acting jobs in Vancouver

8. Andrew Hass says:

Maybe this was the actress’s choice to go recurring because she wants to be free to do other stuff.So maybe she’ll still be on Supergirl next season but not in every episode.For example maybe the character of Maggie gets an assignment out of town and so she and Alex have a long distance relationship/engagement.So maybe Floriana Lima will be in the Season Premiere where Maggie either says yes or no to Alex and then something happens to make her leave town for a bit.

• jj says:

“Maybe this was the actress’s choice to go recurring because she wants to be free to do other stuff.” There’s no maybe about it. It’s flat out explain that’s the reason. “Although she’s not available to us as a series regular next season, as she’s looking to pursue other opportunities, we’re happy she’ll be returning for multiple episodes in Season 3.”

9. Mo says:

As long as she’s available for several episodes throughout the season and not for an arc at the start before the breakup, it shouldn’t be an issue. She was barely shown as it is.

10. sawyer says:

I don’t blame her for looking for other opportunities. They pay her character dust on this show and she hardly gets to do anything. I hope she finds a better fit soon where she gets to do more than just give hearteyes. All the best to her.

11. L says:

Maybe if they hadn’t underused her and reduced her character to Love Interest from the get-go, she’d be happier on the show. Also, if the fans had been kinda to her… I wouldn’t want to have to deal with some of the crazies that have harrassed her daily either.
    But shame on Kreisberg for not fighting to keep Floriana on board full time, Sanvers is so important, specially nowadays… My heart is breaking.

• jj says:

how do you know Kreisberg didn’t fight to keep her on board?

• Olivia says:

THIS. The insults and stalking haters she gets is creeping me out. They even managed to make her go almost silent on social media.

I’m sad too, and kinda pissed tbh (not at her, but at the situation). As a fan, but also as a person who could finally relate to a relationship on tv :(

• Wait, who’s insulting her and why?

• Olivia says:

Who is too vague, but why (apparently valid reasons to insult someone): as seen in this very comment section, some are VERY unhappy that a “white” actress got cast instead of a latina one, when the casting call never specified this and the character has not been portrayed as such anyway. She’s italian, kinda dark skinned (as many Mediterraneans are) so for some reason they started to rage over the role she “stole”. Others use Casey Affleck as a reason. And some downright use whatever homophobic bias just because, I guess. Like after the GLAAD awards she went to with Chyler.
          I mean if my character required me to be away from home to do almost nothing and getting obscene and hateful comments daily, I’d think about it twice too.
          Still breaks my heart though.

12. Terri Spoonemore says:

Really like her and super girls sister. They add to the storyline

13. I think this means both Kara and Alex will be searching for a new significant other this season.

• Serah Cheatham says:

Actually kind of happy to see the character of Mon-el leave. His ship with Kara was nice at first, but soon became boring. I liked the actor better on TVD as Kai.

Some might not like it, but this would be the perfect time for Kara to heal with the help of her BFF Lena.

• “boring” yep that’s what happens when you repeat yourself so often. mon-el screws up, kara gets mad, kara forgives him even though we knew good and well after a certain point he’d just screw up again the next week

14. V.J. says:

This is a bummer, although she hadn´t that much to do outside of being Alex´s girlfried so they underutilized her already.
    I actually am wondering what they are going to do about James. If they keep him as a series regular they have to figure out a way to integrate him in the show again because the Guardian story was IMO a waste of time and boring…

15. Liza says:

Not surprised by this at all. I mean I want Alex happy but come on this whole marriage was way to premature and not only that Maggie is destined for someone else in the DC world. So yeah at some point this ship would have sank. So might as well have it sink now so we can give Alex a better relationship later on with some else.

• julie says:

the proposal is to make way for them to break up when maggie says no, so more like bad/lazy writing than premature.

16. Diz says:

Maybe If they gave her more than 3 minutes of screen time she would have stuck around.

17. CC says:

it’s sad how the writers and producers did not take advantage of Alex and Maggie’s storyline during S2. they usually had less than 5 minutes per episode, so she’s taking this decision thinking about herself. Good for her, not so good for Sanvers fans.
    yes, the show is about Supergirl but other stories need to be developed.

18. spdavid says:

She’ll come back enough to end the relationship,wrap it up and then she’ll be gone.

19. silverchex says:

I’m glad. Boring relationship which felt forced for the storyline…

20. tiredofthecw says:

not surprising though. the cw did everything it possibly could to sideline that relationship while half the fandom cheered them on. i can’t really blame Lima for wanting to try and find work elsewhere she certainly wasn’t allowed anything to do on Supergirl.

21. Good. Floriana deserves more than a role as the sidekick of a sidekick of… whatever dude they’ll bring in next to upstage everyone.

22. Kyle says:

This isn’t a shock. She’s an up and comer who probably wants a role bigger than a love interest. I love Alex and Maggie, they have a fantastic on screen relationship which is refreshing to see for a gay romance.

23. Tomm Huntre says:

If (and this is probably a huge if) I think came down to cutting her back to free up cash for more appearances by Calista, then I’m all for it!!!!!

24. Franks says:

I don’t blame her. They had her as a series regular and didn’t treat her like one. The writers gave her like 3 min of screen time an episode and it was all just her being Alex’s love interest. She probably had a lot of free time and she couldn’t book anything because she was tied down to this show.

I blame the writers for ignoring her character in favor of Mon-El.

• jj says:

the love interest of the title character is going to get more screen time than the love interest of other characters, that’s just the way it is.

• julie says:

except she could be intregrated in the main story but never was. winn’s gf lyra got to do more than her and that’s saying something. it’s nothing to do with lead, the gay couple got sidelnied even for supporting ones. good riddance to the show and lame writing.

• jj says:

You exaggerate greatly. Lyra did not get to do more than Maggie. There was no relationship (outside of Kara’s) that was more featured this season than Alex and Maggie’s. Maggie was more integrated in the main story than James. Nor can you claim that the gay couple got sidelined. There was no gay couple in season 1. In season 2, they introduced Maggie, had Alex wrestle with her attraction to Maggie, Alex came out, after a few false starts they started a relationship, explored some issues they both had about relationships (like Maggie’s Valentine thing, her ex etc), etc building up to a marriage proposal. Even Kara and Mon El didn’t get that much.

25. Edyn says:

I am glad she is leaving. I did not like the relationship between Alex and Maggie and yes it was boring, but I hope the actress moves on to bigger and better roles. TV shows are always a starting point for most.

26. lame says:

To bad, hope Alex won’t be mooping around for long.
    The Danver girls are having a crapy time holding on to their significant others. Maybe it’s time to have a crossover with “The Good Witch”, so that character can conjure up a herbal elixir for broken hearts, so this series doesn’t become a soap.

27. David H says:

Hopefully this is the first step toward “Supergirl” becoming more about Supergirl again, and not “National City 90210.”

28. Pipes says:

Glad to see the cat is finally out of the bag. I’m not a Sanvers fan but I can feel sympathy for the shippers, I’ve been on the other end of it more than once. Having said that, kind of crappy for them to not edit the proposal out, knowing that they wouldn’t have FL for much, if any, of next season. I actually wouldn’t mind a Maggie recast, but I doubt that will happen.

29. Toni says:

She’s Alex’s first girlfriend and the proposal was premature. Anyway they choose to go is fine by me.

30. Jimmy says:

What “other opportunity” is she pursuing? I wasn’t too invested in them so I don’t think it’s a big deal.

31. A says:

Wish her well finding a new job. Never earned to Maggie or saw the chemistry between her and Alex. Maybe Lena can be revealed as bisexual and date Alex.

• Ames says:

No thanks. The actress that plays Lena is terrible and I’m sorry but Lena is all over the place. She doesn’t need to be inserted into every storyline. Alex should have another girlfriend if Maggie isn’t around.

32. Jason says:

It was a happy smile from Maggie, so I think their intent was that she would accept Alex’s proposal. They may simply differ the issue for a time, keeping their relationship off screen. In truth, I like Maggie, but I’ve felt that their relationship was a little too easy. The very first open and commited romance that Alex has, ends up being the one? She should struggle with the trials of love as much as anyone else does. Maggie always seemed like she was designed to be perfect for Alex, which kind of made her a bit boring. I’d like to see some heat and tension. I would love to see something develop between Alex and Lena. Or, atleast, someone like Lena. Create a fiery dynamic, that can build over time, starting with conflict and developing into something more.

• Olivia says:

I get what you’re saying but I also think it is believable because although I have had girlfriends, I’m my wife’s first and only (hopefully it stays that way for a loooong time). We’ve been together many years and it felt “right” from the very beginning so… ;)

• Jason says:

Certainly there are many people who have ended up with their first love. But what works in life, doesn’t always work in storytelling. You wind up painting yourself into a corner of banality. In as much as Kara is beset by continuous romantic travails, Alex’s search for love is basically condensed into one season. Is that for the sake of expediency? As if they don’t know how to apply the same mindset to her arc. It ends up being solely for the sake of representation, and not a desire for Alex’s evolution. Maggie is almost an Alex Doppleganger. Their natures are so similar that they nearly become the same person. They teased the notion of Maggie’s commitment issues, but it was tidally wrapped up in a single episode. I fear that out of concern for the way any fractures in their relationship would be perceived, they’ve taken the path of least resistance. It worked for this season, where Alex’s self discovery was handled deftly. But in the long run it becomes an issue. If Alex’s personal life becomes an afterthought, and the writers struggle with ways to inject drama into it, that’s when more extreme notions start percolating. Like killing Maggie. And that’s the one thing that no one who seeks more representation on television, wants to see. That trope has become far to easy for writers. And it’s not even because they’re out to target homosexuals or bisexuals. It’s simply because death has become the standard approach for delivering a punch of adrenaline to the audience. But since there are a limited number of gay or lesbian couples in genre series, it stands out like a sore thumb when writers choose the lazy man’s approach to storytelling. I’d rather Maggie and Alex break up, as normal people do. Let Alex date. Let Alex have moments of joy, loneliness, heartache, passion, and all the other nuances of human emotion. That’s the best way for her to represent. Not as part of an idealized version of coupledom, but as someone we root for in her search for love. Give us a “will they-won’t they scenario” to ship. That’s something you never see outside of the heterosexual standard. I’m all for shows paying off such relationships in the long run, as I don’t believe they’re an inherent kiss of death to creativity. But it should be earned over time. Most of the beloved television romances didn’t just give us everything out of the gate. And when they finally came to fruition, it was that much more rewarding. Why can’t we get the same experience if it’s Alex seeking love with a woman?

• Kristina says:

You just nailed my issues with this relationship. I haven’t been able to figure out why they bother me so much–it’s not that they’re lesbians, since I’ve enjoyed seeing gay relationships play out on other shows. It’s not that they aren’t sweet together or that the actresses aren’t good or even a lack of chemistry. But it never felt earned and in a lot of ways felt very rushed–almost like the writers were looking to make up for the lack of a gay character and said “Okay, we gotta get her in a relationship asap!” Alex’s coming out story was GREAT, and seeing her wrestle with the idea of the first person she was interested in not necessarily panning out was very relatable. But then that was all wrapped up and we went right into Relationship Mode.
          I enjoyed Curtis’s storyline on Arrow, where they showed what a toll his choice to live this hero life took on his marriage and actually gave him some relationship drama (although again, felt a little rushed). I look forward to hopefully seeing them develop a new relationship for him.

• Cate says:

Yes, the slight bumps in their relationship have been very slim storylines, Maggie’s ex-, her disagreement with Kara over methods, the aversion to Valentine’s Day. All fine as plots but given mere minutes of screen time as they, especially Maggie, are not the stars of the show. Alex’s role as Kara’s sister and DEO badass had to be balanced with the relationship drama leading to not a lot of screen minutes.

I am pretty hopeful they will NOT kill her off – think The CW would not want to open that can of worms again. I actually think a rift of some sort, that would take Maggie off somewhere for a bit would be better, giving us some single Alex and single Kara time again – love me some Danvers sisters!

33. Lucy says:

I think this will work better in the long run, Maggie didn’t really contribute as much to the main plot of other characters, her main storyline was Sanvers, but it will be nice to see when she does appear there’s more of a reason. Also, if they do split Sanvers up later in the season, it gives Alex the opportunity to explore relationships with other people. Sanvers will always be special, especially to her but I think there could be more opportunities for Alex in the future.

34. jericho says:

Disappointing but considering she was in two separate series last season she has got to have a number of offers.

I like her, hope she shows up in something serious next season. But I have a feeling she will show up on both Supergirl and Lethal Weapon next season.

35. Rex the Wonder Dog says:

So what is she planning on doing instead? Is it something really great that she would pass on being a series regular on an established show? Bird in the hand and all that.

• Stan says:

My guess is that this has more to do with her developing relationship with Casey Affleck than with any unhappiness with Supergirl; trying to maintain a relationship is hard enough when you work in two different states much less in two different countries.

36. Les-El says:

If we aren’t getting more sanvers screentime then the only thing I ask is that they don’t bring Mon-El back.

37. Olivia says:

Okay so I’m trying to keep in mind that even if Sanvers break up I still love Chyler, Katie and David.
    That being said:
    – The fact that the news gets out so quickly after seeing a rushed proposal with no payoff is hitting harder than I would have expected
    – If Sanvers stay together but with Floriana mostly out, another bit of representation bites the dust Sure, Alex is still gay, but I don’t see how it can be representation if we don’t see her being with a woman.
    – If they break up, I’m not going to automatically like a new LI just because there’s a “lesbian!” neon sign over her head. They would have to hit the bull’s eye with the casting (and fix the one-sided pov writing) because this pairing of actresses was amazing and did wonders with the crumbs they were given
    – Maggie has been completely ignored and we haven’t seen anything in her backstory save for an ex and a sad coming out story. Wow, substance.
    – I’m not naive enough to trust them with Lena staying on the good side
    – I’m not naive enough to believe they won’t get Mon El coming back and taking over the eps again
    – This season has been the Mon-El show and a total clusterbeep on many fronts (the sisters’ bond, abandoned plots like searching for Jeremiah & Cadmus in favor of dull characters and plots with zero buildup, tedious stuff thrown in there for no reason for one hot second like the musical instead of using and developing existing characters/relationships/plots, etc)
    – J’onn has been nerfed as hell and barely used overall (not even mentioning the ridiculous plots where his powers repeatedly are of no use whatsoever, for some contrived reason)
    – Cat is still not coming back beyond guest
    – Apparently Ali Adler has been pushed off the show after the first half of the season (which would actually explain a LOT)
    – The CW. Enough said.

I really don’t know if I want to keep being invested in something that has so much potential to continue effing up. I’m sooo grateful for Chyler’s and Flo’s portrayal and support and I love the cast but I genuinely don’t know what I am gonna choose to do comes september.

• jj says:

so Alex as a lesbian must be in a relationship to be representation? Based on that logic, you don’t consider Sara from Legends of Tomorrow to be representation despite being bisexual simply because she isn’t in a relationship? Pretty sure GLAAD doesn’t limit themselves to characters in relationships when assesses LGBT representation on television shows.

• Olivia says:

What does make someone gay… gay? If not attraction to and love for the same sex?
        How do you portray that long term without an LI to interact with, with Alex checking out girls or with reminders here and there? Yay, how exciting… Especially compared to the hundreds of het characters from every shape, color or background on tv and millions more everywhere else that people can choose from at any given moment. It just feels good to be able to relate and watch instead of being told, that’s all.
        Although I’d like to point out that albeit under/mis-respresented as well, bisexuality is another thing entirely (besides since I don’t watch that show I can’t judge this specific example). Wlw are not interchangeable. Characters strictly portrayed as lesbians through and through are quite rare, so couples made of two lesbians? Not exactly a common occurence :|
        GLAAD do what they do, it’s their business. It’s not their lists, awards and numbers that makes me feel what a character is feeling because I’ve been there.

• jj says:

“what a character is feeling because I’ve been there” Have you never been in a situation of a break up, or not being in a relationship? You can’t relate to Alex as a single lesbian? Alex doesn’t stop being gay if she’s not in a relationship. I simply cannot agree with the idea that a woman has to be in a relationship (with a woman or a man) to count, to represent, to matter.
          Also regarding the representation of bisexual women vs lesbian women, there is data to show that bisexual women are more underrepresented in television than lesbian women. Of the last 10 years of GLAAD keeping stats, 7 of those years there were more lesbian characters than bisexual female characters.

• Serah Cheatham says:

Thank you for saying everythinv I was thinking. If I don’t see the return of Mon-el, I’ll be fine. And I love the actor himself.

• DigificWriter says:

“The fact that this news gets out so quickly after seeing a rushed proposal with no payoff is hitting harder than I would have expected”

There WAS a payoff; Maggie’s facial expression and body language answered the question better than words ever could.

38. Daniel Michels says:

I love it I would rather had the show kill off her character in the season finale but this works also as long as I don’t have to see a major focus on this disgusting character that wants to make me puke when she’s onscreen

39. tayslick09 says:

too bad but if it’s a choice between she and Cat Grant, I’ll put my money on Cat. Cat Grant is the heart beat of this show

40. ABG says:

To all the people saying she didn’t really have much to do… the show’s called Supergirl. I like the character and her relationship with Alex, but she was never going to be a major focus for the show.

41. Dominique says:

i think this is a little weird. true, they didn’t give floriana much to do this season so i can understand why she might be frustrated. but to just step away big time from a stroyline and couple that has covered some major stuff this season just doesn’t feel right to me.

42. Steveo says:

If she isn’t committing to, at least like twelve episodes they should break them up and introduce a new love interest for Alex.

43. Katy says:

Hmm. They should’ve cast someone who was actually Latina. It’s what they deserve.

44. parstl says:

I respect her decision…wanting to explore other options and perhaps not wanting to be typecast or pigeon holed. She did not have a whole bunch of screen time. there was more talk about her than actual time with her talking. wish her well.

45. I think that is a totally bogus explanation. “She wants to purse other options”?!? I think the writers can’t figure it out. BIG MISTAKE. They could bring Maggie into Sanver u
    Undercover or road trips or Kara storylines. Or Lena storylines and would be fun! Fun people. And it would be perfect. Don’t do it, Don’t get ride of her. Was it that hard to writer her in? If it was, then hire better writers SG. Seriously.

46. GraceM says:

She’s “looking for other work”? She has a steady job on Supergirl. Why would she need a second job? What was the point of being a series regular if you’re going to leave after one season? Crazy.

47. Serah Cheatham says:

Who is it that makea you want to puke?

48. Hans Shnee says:

Is this about the haters of her being Italian and not from Middle America?

49. Louis E. says:

All same-sex couples are horrible role models…the more this gets written out,the better!

• Serah Cheatham says:

An LGBT hater….I’ve known more horrible heterosexual role models than same sex ones. Stop talkin out yo neck.

50. anon says:

…well…. this is diappointing. I adore floriana and sanvers and maggie (had high hopes they’d explore NCPD/detective side more too next season – she was extremely underused this season). so I’m really kinda hurt right now.

ugh I hate this. I HATE this. but i won’t lie… since it was floriana’s choice (which makes it even more disappointing in a way, I don’t blame her though) I kind of hope sanvers break up and Alex gets a new love interest that can commit to being a full capacity regular on the show. that breaks my hear to say because sanvers was seriously beautifully developed… the chemistry between chyler and floriana was magical and who knows if they can capture that again with somebody else. it’s such a shame. Ughhhhh