Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders Cancelled

Ratings: Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders Ends on a Low Note

CBS’ cancelled Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders wrapped its two-and-done run on Wednesday night with 4.2 million total viewers and a 0.7 demo rating (per finals), hitting and matching series lows.

Its penultimate episode, airing at 9/8c, did 4.9 mil and a 0.7. Opening the Eye’s night, Survivor (8.3 mil/1.7) was steady.

Elsewhere….

THE CW | Arrow (1.44 mil/0.5) ticked down, The 100 (830K/0.3) was flat.

FOX | Shots Fired (2.9 mil/0.8) and Empire (6.1 mil/2.2) were steady.

NBC | Blindspot (4.3 mil/0.9, TVLine reader grade “B+”) and SVU (5.6 mil/1.2) ticked up, Chicago PD (6.5 mil/1.3) was steady.

ABC | The Goldbergs (5.3 mil/1.4), Speechless (4.5 mil/1.2) and Modern Family (6.2 mil/1.7) all ticked up with their finales, while Downward Dog’s debut (4.7 mil/1.1, TVLine reader grade “B-“) was down two tenths from black-ish‘s most recent performance. Designated Survivor (5.1 mil/1.1, readers gave Season 1 a “B”) ended its freshman run by ticking up.

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Kevin Tran says:

Wonder if Blindspot move to Fridays (this Fall) is a good thing or bad timing.

2. Aw, was hoping for a 3/3 miracle, but 2/3 wasn’t so bad. I wish so much they’d pull Damon Gupton out of Criminal Minds and switch him with Gary Sinise, then, if CBS insists on having another male on the team.

3. dan says:

Credit where credit is due: Modern Family saved the best episode of the season for last. I actually laughed a few times at their finale and thought a couple of scenes were somewhat touching (Manny and Jay at the end; all the parents watching the kids drive away–until Haley shows up). Although the show was renewed for two more seasons, I wonder if this finale was constructed and filmed this way in the event they couldn’t reach agreements on the actors’ contracts. It could’ve been a series finale if it had to be (but I have to assume they knew they’d be back).

4. GraceM says:

I hope CBS has learned that fans only want one Criminal Minds and only the original.

• Donna Brandt says:

Not true I really dont like criminal minds, but I did like criminal minds beyond borders, It wasn’t nearly as violent and gory as criminal minds. I also liked the characters better

• Maria says:

Not all of us. CM is too gory for me…one ep a few years back gave me nightmares, and I grew up watching horror movies and the like so I’d like to think I guava a high tolerance for creepy tv. I really liked CMBB.

• Billy Bob Johnson says:

I stopped watching Criminal Minds a long time ago because of the dark and violent direction it went in. It’s the reason they lost Mandy Patinkin.

• ragnar51 says:

BB, I so agree with you. The one about the missing people ending up in the chili being served to the volunteer searchers and the one about the two cousins hunting people with bows and arrows REALLY got to me. People are nutty enough without giving them ideas on anything.

5. Donna Brandt says:

So the 4.1 million voters dont have a say when it comes to criminal minds behind borders so you cancel it but some of the other stupid shows are still on. Whatever I am not happy with this decision at all

6. Haz says:

I have a bad feeling Modern Family is going to become Glee 2.0. I really wish they would have renewed it for one season where it could have ended with dignity.

• Jermey says:

The difference is that MF is still a pretty good show, while Glee was already terrible in its second season, and even worse when it got renewed for its 2 seasons.

7. Maria says:

The Goldbergs, Speechless, and DS were all very good episodes.
    We’ve watched every CMBB since the pilot, but didn’t watch last night because we didn’t want to watch a possible cliffhanger ending that would never be resolved.

8. Mary Hartrum says:

I really enjoy criminal minds: beyond borders….i wish you would reconsider cancellation. Give it one more year. Storylines in other countries make the show much more exciting and riveting. SAD

9. Fred Daigle says:

This is a very good show. It is believable which is a nice change from reality tv shows that are “hocum”. The story lines are easily digestible, the actors blend well together. Some times it takes a show 3 to 5 yrs to meet tv rating expectations. Look at Mash. Get rid of criminal minds special victims. Bet you didn’t like the Captain Kangaroo show either. Oh well, you rep what you sew

10. Tracy288 says:

Just watching the very last Criminal Minds Beyond Borders and all I can say is “Thank God it’s over”.

11. Janee Palmer says:

I loved the end of CMBB. I appreciate a show that loves God, country, and our military. It is sad to see a great show exit when so much junk is coming back year after year.

12. Janice says:

I really like the show because it was so ffferent soving cases i foreing countries. So sad that it has been cancelled.

13. Nimoy says:

Criminal Minds Beyond Borders was a very good and exciting and suspenseful

14. marie a claxon says:

do not cancel criminal minds beyond borders u always cancel shows that i like and not some of these stupid shows