Fall TV Preview

Watch Trailers for Fox Comedy Ghosted, Emily VanCamp/Matt Czuchry Drama The Resident, Orville and More

Along with announcing its fall 2017 lineup, Fox on Monday unveiled sneak peeks of its new shows, including Ghosted, an X-Files-ish comedy starring Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) and Craig Robinson (The Office).

Also among the previews released: midseason entries The Resident, a medical drama pairing Revenge‘s Emily VanCamp and The Good Wife‘s Matt Czuchry; and LA to Vegas, a comedy fronted by American Horror Story‘s Dylan McDermott. (The trailer for 9-1-1, a Ryan Murphy drama starring fellow AHS alum Angela Bassett, has not been released.)

Scroll down for the trailers in their entirety:

GHOSTED (Sunday at 8:30/7:30c)

THE GIFTED (Monday at 9/8c) — Click here to watch the trailer

LA TO VEGAS (Midseason)

THE ORVILLE (Thursday at 9/8c)

THE RESIDENT (Midseason)

1. tw says:

Well, those all look awful.

2. Cosmin says:

the resident is awsome!

• bobbie says:

Except for that whole, ‘do exactly what I say and don’t question it,’ which is exactly what is wrong with medical training and a line I figured would be uttered by the bad doctor instead of the supposed good one.

3. Lola says:

I’ll only give The Resdient a go. The rest are meh.

• Lucy says:

I was on the fence with The Resident because when they cast Emily Van Camp as the female lead her role was described as something like the hot nurse and on-off love interest of Matt’s character and I felt that Emily deserved a role that isn’t described in that way, but the trailer so far has proven me wrong – hopefully the show will show more to her character than what is described and she isn’t just a love interest.

• That trailer made it look a lot better than the description.

4. BB says:

Wow…not one of these looks the least bit interesting…

5. Simon says:

Ghosted is probably the only pilot I was interested in from all the networks, and that trailer does not disappoint.

6. Daniel says:

LOL none of these even slightly peak my interest

7. Tom says:

The Orville looks like almost EXACTLY what I’ve been wanting for some time now. It’s going to fail so hard, it’s a damn shame.

8. Tim says:

IMO Pitch was more interesting than any of these.

9. Tim says:

Also that one drama with Dylan McDermitt will probably tank also. A lot of the shows he is in usually tanks and doesn’t get a 2nd season.

10. LucyD says:

I love Seth McFarland, Adam Scott and Matt Czuchry, so will definitely try those all of those.

11. Iris says:

I liked the cast of The Resident, and now I’m pleasantly surprised by the trailer. Nothing like the cookie-cutter drama I expected. I’m definitely in.

12. lbchatterbox says:

I’m excited for the Resident! Love the entire cast but especially Matt and Emily.

13. V.J. says:

Well, I would have checked out The Resident just because of Matt Czuchry, but the trailer actually got me interested in the series beyond him. ^^

14. Jennifer says:

Ghosted and LA to Las Vegas look so horrible. Oh my god. Really really bad.
    —-
    Now, The Orville…that I will give a chance. That looks just spoofy enough to work. The Resident looks ok. I’ll give it a chance because of the cast.

15. Dennis says:

Emily looks AMAZING in The Resident!

16. datdudemurphy says:

The Resident is the only one that doesnt look terrible.
    I can’t see any of those making it a full season.

17. LT says:

I”m down with GHOSTED and THE RESIDENT.

18. Joey Bishop says:

After being no longer captain of the precinct 12, Captain Gates traveled to the future and is now part of an intergalactic fleet led by Seth McFarland

19. Michael says:

I think LA to Vegas looks hysterical

20. T.W.S.S. says:

See you next cancellation season.

21. Mary T says:

Just cancel them already and let the actors move on to other projects.

22. Joey Padron says:

Ghosted looks good and funny, LA To Vegas looks pretty funny, The Orville and The Resident looks ok. I can see some of these new shows getting cancelled. I’ll check out Ghosted cause of Adam Scott and Craig Robinson.

23. Stacy says:

I’ll give Orville and Resident a try…as for the rest…

24. lrdslvrhnd says:

Ghosted: I’ll give it a shot. Not much of one, but I will.
    LA to Vegas: Ditto, and probably even less of a shot. Both of these look to fill the “it’s 3 AM and I want something mind-numbingly stupid to entertain me” void that 2 Broke Girls is leaving.
    The Gifted: Oh hell yeah!
    The Orville: Definitely. At least until the inevitable cancellation.
    The Resident: …I keep getting excited when I see Emily Van Camp’s name, then remembering what it’s about, and then getting sad. The trailer didn’t change my mind. Hard pass.

25. fernando933 says:

Both comedies look hilarious, I’ll watch both.
    Orville was ok but don’t see it making it.
    The Resident looks like any other doctor show

26. Snow says:

Blah…

27. Anonymous says:

Flops…..

28. Bill says:

I only watched three that interested me (Ghosted, The Orville and The Gifted) I only made it through The Gifted, those other two were awful. Orville will be fractional very early on. I’ll still watch The Gifted just bc I’m a comic book nerd, but that trailer doesn’t have me too optimistic

29. Sandra Wellsch says:

I’m sold!! Love it w/ only this short preview!
    I’m really looking forward to watching..:)

30. Red Snapper says:

These all actually look good or at least entertaining. I’ve been looking forward to The Orville since it was announced and it looks awesome but it’s Fox so the odds of it getting a second season are small. I’m a huge Adam Scott fan so I’ll give Ghosted a chance. Mutants, X-Men and Amy Acker, I will definitely be there. LA to Vegas looked better than I thought it would. I was on the fence about The Resident. I’m a fan of the cast but it didn’t sound all that interesting but it looked really good.

31. dsrbroadway says:

Actually really liked the trailers for Orville, Ghosted and The Resident. I don’t know if I see all of them aside from The Resident making it to a second season, but I’ll enjoy them while I can.

32. Steve F. says:

Count me in for The Orville (as long as Seth Macfarlane tones it down on the Family Guy-style asides)!

33. Cathy says:

I was excited when I heard about The Resident, mostly because I love Matt Czuchry and Emily VanCamp. The trailer makes me even more excited, since it’s not the cliche medical drama I was expecting.

None of the others look even remotely interesting.

34. J.B. says:

So The Resident is basically the House remake nobody asked for.

35. Kevin says:

I am liking the Airplane movie vibe for “LA to Vegas”.. the MIB vibe for “Ghosted” and the Galaxy Quest/ Quark vibe for “The Orville”. So, all 3 will get a chance from me

36. BlittleU says:

Ghosted is the only trailer I really liked. I will give The Resident a chance just because I like the cast, but while the trailer started off good it soon went into cliche hospital drama territory.

37. Michael Summerset says:

The Orville looks like Galaxy Quest the TV series. The pilot should do well because there will be a lot of interest. It’s clearly a ST parody and will draw a lot of ST fans.

38. jacktenstar says:

Ghosted, Gifted and Resident seem promising, not sure whether I will stick with both The Resident and The Good Doctor though, at least Chicago Med is not on the Fall schedule, although good too many medical dramas.

39. Adam says:

Wow. They’re all awful. How do you take all those stars and put them into such awful series? Good luck FOX.

40. Will says:

I give a meh to all 3 but I may watch the Resident.

41. ZinniQ says:

I’ll give ‘The Resident’ a go, but you can keep the cheap excuses for comedy.

42. Mr. Sunshine says:

Ghosted looks promising. Since I’m a huge Marvel fan, I’ll definitely give Gifted a chance. LA to Vegas; looks like Dylan McDermott’s had some work done. His tight face is too distracting. As someone mentioned, Orville looks like a spoof of Star Trek. As a Trek fan, I’ll give it a chance. I’m a sucker for a good medical drama, and The Resident looks like it has potential to be a pretty good show.

43. Cas says:

I think the Resident looks amazing! Hopefully people watch new shows this year.

44. Kar says:

The Resident looks good

45. beenthere says:

The Resident looks awesome.