Fall TV Preview
Fall TV Schedule 2017

Fall TV Schedule 2017: What's on When? And Versus What?

It’s never too early to start planning your viewing habits for the fall TV season (and get a jump on any new DVR conflicts!), so TVLine as is tradition has complied a day-by-day, hour-by-hour grid of the primetime schedules for each network.

The CW, CBS, ABC, Fox and NBC unveiled their game plans for fall and midseason at this year’s Upfronts presentations in New York.

• NEW programming for the 2017-18 TV season is in RED.

• MIDSEASON LAUNCHES for each network are listed beneath the grid.

TV Schedule Fall 2017
FOR MIDSEASON
THE CW:
The 100, Black Lightning, iZombie, Life Sentence, The Originals…. CBS: The Amazing Race, By the Book, Code Black, Elementary, Instinct, Man With a Plan, Undercover Boss…. ABC: The Bachelor, The Crossing, Deception, For the People, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Quantico, Roseanne, Splitting Up Together, Alex Inc…. FOX: 9-1-1, American Grit, The F Word With Gordon Ramsay, MasterChef, LA to Vegas, New Girl, The Resident, The X-Files… NBC: A.P. Bio, The Awesome Show, Champions, Chicago Med (Tuesdays at 10), Ellen’s Game of Games, Genius Junior, Good Girls, The Handmade Project, Little Big Shots, Reverie, Rise, Shades of Blue, Timeless, The Wall

1. Stacie says:

So does that mean Chicago Justice was cancelled?

2. kitsunesaru says:

As soon as I saw the headline that Blindspot was moving, I just knew it was gonna be Friday. That sucks. Maybe it will do well in that slot though.

• TvPeong says:

Friday night is shaping up to be one of the strongest nights this fall.

• kitsunesaru says:

Yeah now that Inhumans/SHIELD have been moved to Friday, it could work out. Networks don’t expect huge numbers for Fridays, so maybe it’ll be just the right day for these “bubble” shows.

3. Caitlin says:

I loved Trial and Error. Sad that it isn’t on the schedule.

4. kidstrange says:

Is this an updated chart? I thought 2 Broke Girls and The Real O’Neils were canceled yet they appear on this chart.

5. Jared says:

NBC must really believe in Great News to give it that post Will and Grace timeslot.

6. Cosmin says:

it’s good! but why they move Chicago med at 10, sad it’s gonna be against How to get away with murder, love these two…:(
    the blacklist at 8, really??? :(

• Kevin Tran says:

NBC did the same thing with Revolution (ended after two seasons) and Blindspot. Both are truly violent shows.

7. Cosmin says:

the blacklist at 8, really??? :(
    hope Chicago justice is goona be renew!

8. Larc says:

So 2 shows they should have canceled and didn’t are relegated to Friday nights (Friday night = hospice and Saturday night = mortuary).

9. Cosmin says:

chicago med is so good.this means it’s not gonna have a full season???

• Kevin Tran says:

Chicago Med is getting pushed to mid-season. Hopefully it should get placed in the 10 pm Thursday night time slot. Blindspot and Blacklist would have been a great one-two punch for NBC’s Friday night line-up.

10. jless says:

There’s no doubt in my mind, that the end of broadcasting TV is near.. The lame, weak shows are so prevalent on network TV, it’s really sad. When you compare with Cable and Streaming original content, there’s no contest, the quality of Cable and Streaming shows are so much better! The only shows I’m still watching on Network TV are the Middle and Bob’s Burger.

11. jr. says:

Still wondering if Wayward Pines will be renewed!

12. Dannie C says:

Thanks Matt

13. Jim J. says:

The “Will & Grace” revival is up against “The Big Bang Theory”. If “Thursday Night Football” isn’t on either series’ network, this probably means I’ll have to watch one series “live” and the other series on the network’s website…

14. Honestly NBC shouldn’t have Dateline Saturday, they should be airing movies on a weekly basis, it would be called NBC Saturday Night Movie, and air favorites like Furious 7, Minions, and DreamWorks faves like Dragons 2 and The Croods

• chiguy79 says:

I do miss the Saturday night movies they used to show. Can’t imagine Dateline gets that great of ratings and with families trying to cut costs that could compete with the premium movie networks as well as the theaters.

15. laurelnev says:

Well I hope Blindspot plans on this being its last year and writes scripts accordingly. At least we’re getting a chance to see it wrapped up. Seems like an awful “adult” show for the 8 pm Friday time slot, something that has belonged to young ‘uns since the Brady Bunch/Partridge Family aired in it, and later, it became the TGIF lineup. Now, it seems to have become the “burn it off and let it doe” time slot, at least for NBC.

16. MelondaB says:

So, does this mean no This is Us for most of November and December? It seems like a bad idea to kill its momentum so soon after the beginning of the season, especially during sweeps.

17. dean says:

How likely is it they renew Chicago Justice as a summer show?

And Blacklist at 8??? Wtf are they thinking?

18. Pauline says:

I have seen Pure Genuis on the schedule is it coming back.? I sure hope so that was a great show.

• Lisa says:

This is last years fall schedule and will be updated when each networks new fall schedule is released. CBS will release their schedule on Wednesday. Grey means old schedule. Black means new schedule.

19. Jim says:

In this day and age of DVR’s and watching online, who really cares what the “Prime time” schedule is. DVR everything and watch it on your own schedule. Simple!

20. Volcfom says:

A lot for NBC & Fox is being held until mid-season. I’m going to miss the rush of new TV if the other networks follow suit.

21. LK says:

Hopefully Gotham was moved to get it away from the other DC super hero shows… Seemed it and Supergirl were cannibalizing the same audience.

22. Jeff Dodge says:

The article says American Grit is going to be airing mid-season next year. So does this mean it’s been renewed for a 3rd season? Did I miss that announcement?

23. It still has pure genius on wasn’t that cancelled?

24. Cory says:

Damn … they moved Once Upon A Time to the (Kill Zone)… why renew it if they were just going to put it on the Green Mile anyways?…

25. Cosmin says:

looks good Tgit it’s the same! designated survivor!

26. Cosmin says:

sunday, monday, tuesday on ABC i have nothing to watch

27. gwen says:

This line up sucks, I’m so glad I have netflex

28. MAS says:

Thank you.

29. Good Place vs. Brooklyn Nine Nine is exceptionally awkward.

30. Mike says:

I love this schedule for first time in few years balances few shows a night only conflict is Good Place on same time as the Mayor. Not bad

31. ella jasper says:

I hope Chicago Justice comes back, think it is a great show. But what does this mean for This is Us, during Thursday night football, Nov-Dec? Thanks

32. ella jasper says:

I’m confused as to why the CBS Sunday night shows are in grey??

33. J.Norman says:

The new fall season doesn’t shape up too badly for me on a personal level.

The only conflict I will have is on Monday at 8:00 between TBBT and Lucifer. I hope Fox has the brains to try to minimize the number of times they put Lucifer up against TBBT before it goes off to Thursday.

An interesting comedy battle may may / will develop during the 9:00 Tuesday hour among 3 networks. Bull, as the only non comedy in that slot, should get all the non comedy fans.

I hope the Mick didn’t bury itself with that horrible season ender it had.
    I liked how that show started but it got progressively worse.

34. Thomas B says:

Can you please update Sunday for CBS? And thanks a ton for doing this every year!

35. Gerald says:

I can handle most of this with my PVR, but really Good Place and Brooklyn 99 in the same time slot. Booo. Sunday is a bit of a bust. I guess I will catch up on my PVR or watch the specialty channels. TWD.

36. E says:

I love this chart. Thanks for doing it. I never trust the DVR the first week so I have to make sure it is set up right – the chart helps. Thanks.

37. Larc says:

CBS Sunday at 8:00 is showing Wisdom of the People, but I think that’s supposed to be Wisdom of the Crowd.

38. Daya says:

I guess that show with Reba and Jack Coleman didn’t get picked up by ABC. Sad.

39. GARRY says:

I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY CANCELLED THE BEST COMEDY ON T V THE LAST MAN STANDING CLEAN COMEDY SHOW EVER, JUST BECAUSE OF POLITICAL REASONS, I SAY WHAT ABOUT ALL THE NIGHT TALK SHOWS THEY REALLY TAKE SWINGS AT POLITICAL PEOPLE……THIS IS A SHAME THEY ARE THE ONESNEEDS TO BE CNCELLED

• Earl Vincent Corp says:

It had to go. It showed a nuclear middle-class family that didn’t try to ram a liberal agenda down our throats. Heaven forbid that there would be an old school comedy on.They probably could have saved it if they had introduced a gay character or had Tim Allen die so they could have a single mom struggling to make a living show.

40. Joanna Brown says:

What happened to CW’s Originals

41. Barnett Smith says:

Is Bones in fall sched 2017

42. Kreuklunamega says:

I just hope that Lucifer and The Mick will survive! Poor timing btw

43. Crable says:

When does fall season start?

44. DarkDefender says:

Will&Grace in black and red… brilliant.

45. millersam19 says:

Is it just me that ends up with one night of the week with a ton of favorite shows and other nights where there is nothing or 1 show you watch?
    Obviously everyone watches different shows, but do other people have this problem?

My Thursdays are jam packed this TV season:
    Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal, How to Get Away with Murder, Arrow, Supernatural, Mom, The Good Place, and Will and Grace – all in one night. Guess it’ll get me through the weekend, lol.

Meanwhile Monday and Wednesday each only have 1 show I watch.

Anyone else have this situation with their shows?