Imaginary Mary Series Premiere Recap ABC

Imaginary Mary Cancelled at ABC

It’s like she was never there.

ABC has cancelled Jenna Elfman’s Imaginary Mary after one tepidly-rated season, TVLine has confirmed.

Seven weeks into its nine-episode rookie season, the live-action/CGI-animated sitcom has averaged 3.3 million viewers and a 0.9 demo rating.

1. Van says:

Rachel dratch needs better material

2. joe says:

It was pretty bad

3. flowerduh says:

I loved the little furry imaginary pet. She was soooo cute!

4. Catherine says:

This show is not that great so whatevs.

5. quang says:

I didn’t even know this aired. No major sites did any recaps or reviews.

6. Evelyn says:

No surprise. It was an accident waiting to happen.

7. Stan says:

That was a mercy killing.

8. T.W.S.S. says:

This is the same network that plans to air that thinking-dog show, right?

9. Big Mike says:

I’ve never even heard of this, lol.

10. Ray says:

Jenna Elfman should take this as a sign and consider early retirement or perhaps moving to another medium like theatre.

11. AngelWasHere says:

LOL! Saw this coming a mile away.

12. Dev says:

I love Jenna elfman and actually thought this was a cute show. The imaginary friend was lame but it was a small enough part of the show that it didn’t take anything away for me. Ugh 80% of the new shows I’ve liked have been axed.

• Kim R says:

I totally agree. I really like Jenna as well and I thought the sitcom played well without the imaginary friend. I watched it for the sweet story and I thought all of the characters were equally entertaining. Made me laugh every week.

13. Bobbi Ingram says:

I really enjoyed this show. It was the best of the Tuesday abc lineup. I’m truly sorry that this inventive and intelligent program has been cancelled.

14. Kris says:

I’m no surprised. U watched it once & that was enough for me. It was pretty bad.

15. lucky says:

i love this show…. hate 2 c it go

16. Yve Nemeth says:

Imaginary Mary was not given a true chance in my opinion. I had trouble keeping track of the show as they seemed to change airing times too.

17. ROBERT F Messina says:

To bad Mary was great . It made me laugh and took my mind away from reality for a half hour. She will be missed in my house.Glad I have all shows on DVR. Will watch it often.

18. Billy Bob Johnson says:

It should have been canceled after the second or third episode. Why do networks keep trying to revive her career? Her time has come and gone, a long while ago.

19. Rhonda Eash says:

Mary was hilarious in this show, but they hardly showed her at all. If that’s what the show’s supposed to be about, why only show her for less than 5 mins/episode? Might as well ax it.

20. Television says:

This is a shame. It was really original and I actually for real LAUGHED at this show with some of the things that Alice and Mary did/said. That is actually refreshing to be able to laugh and be surprised in a good way with comedy shows. I will gladly invite Imaginary Mary to come live with me and be my invisible friend to keep things lively. Thanks for the laughs, it was a good break from reality.

21. Traveler says:

Network people who greenlit this embarrassment to life in the first place should be fired. Apart from the scientology clams ordered to watch and leave positive reviews, I don’t know who could sit through it after the first episode.

22. Anonymous says:

Stop giving Jenna Elfman leading roles on sitcoms. It’s been nothing but flop after flop post Dharma and Greg.

23. Ella watson says:

Imaginary Mary should not be canceled it was not given a chance. It is the best show I have seen in a long time. Had to ask when it was coming on. I even turn off the voice to watch imaginary mary.

24. Ella watson says:

Imaginary Mary should not be cancelled . its the best show I’ve seen in a long time. I even turned off the voice for it. It was not given a real chance . the time frame was changed. Adults and children both enjoyed it. I know 20 people that watched.

25. Elizabeth Malone says:

I thought Imaginary Mary was refreshing but Ben was boring and the kids were AWFUL. The middle girl’s acting was great but any woman who didn’t run from that situation would have been crazy. No regard for her things (breaking the guitar), son is too far gone for “nerdy high school mess” they were going for and basically the kids were criminals (stealing dad’s clothes for a school contest dance, REALLY?). I’m sorry but ending the show was a mercy killing.

• Kim says:

I really liked that show I’m sad to see it go my sister in another state watched it and I watched it and we compared what we thought about it I’m bummed out I love Jenna Elfman and the family

26. Melanie says:

I thought it was cute! Must have been too “family friendly “! Shame.

27. Lynds says:

I dont know why ppl keep saying its jenna. She was great. If u didnt like the show dont blame the actor.. She didnt write it. But i thought it was cute.

28. Kristina Finnegan says:

Not Cool ABC
    My kids and I Loved Watching imaginary Mary. Please Bring it Back!! I would much Rather my kids watch something Normal like this than some of the other stuff that they could be watching!!

29. john thomas says:

I kinda liked it it seemed to be more of a real life happening with the imaginary friend which always made me laugh with the ideas it had here’s a grown woman with an imaginary friend she hasnt seen since childhood so imaginary friend is still child like so i thought it had potential and would laugh at the show more then not saddened that it is going off the air for me i think ABC pulled the plug too early not every shows gonna rake in 10million viewers 3.3million I thought would be good audience for the night it was on…