American Gods TRailer

American Gods Renewed for Season 2

Praise Gods!

Starz has renewed American Gods for a second season, the cable network announced Thursday.

Season 2 of the series adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s fantasy novel will consist of at least eight episodes, and possibly more, and likely will premiere in mid-2018.

Executive producers Bryan Fuller, Michael Green and Neil Gaiman “have evolved the art form of television narratively, structurally and graphically with American Gods, and we’re thrilled to be working again with these artists as they continue to build the worlds and wars of the gods,” Starz programming president Carmi Zlotnik said via statement.

In a recent panel discussion hosted by yours truly, Fuller, Green and Gaiman confirmed that Season 1 would end at the point in the book just before Shadow Moon, Mr. Wednesday & Co. arrive at House on the Rock.

1. Sara says:

Yay! I am so glad they renewed it! Can’t wait to see what else they do with this amazing show!

2. Guy says:

Finally, a Bryan Fuller series that will last more than a couple seasons. Glad to hear American Gods is a success for him. I’m gonna have to get Showtime so I can actually watch it. I’ve loved pretty much everything else he’s done.

• Joey says:

It’s on Starz, not Showtime. But I still echo your sentiment on being happy over the renewal. :P

• Guy says:

Oops lol, meant Starz. I don’t have either channel lol.

• Joey says:

It may go on Netflix (when its ended). I know all of Spartacus is available on US Netflix. I think Da Vinci’s Demons is on there as well. Not sure about Starz’s other original programs though.

3. Nan says:

I just wish I understood what was going on. I haven’t watched episode 2 yet. Maybe I will get a clue then

• ScottJ says:

Its a simple road trip show (for now anyway). Shadow doesn’t know what’s going on yet, and he’s the audience representative. You’ll find out things as he does. Shadow and us as audience, have already been told who Mr Wednesday is – although Shadow didn’t get it. We also know from the virtual reality sequence that there is a war brewing between two factions. Named in the title of the show.

4. Will says:

Read the book a few years ago, mildly entertaining. The series was just so out there… didn’t enjoy it at all sadly. Wish I could see the allure…

5. Vandy says:

Thank goodness!! Now if they will just keep it going until the end of the book, I’ll be a very happy camper.

6. Red Snapper says:

I wasn’t really worried about a renewal. I’m excited for season 2 which will probably feature Lakeside, one of my favorite parts of the book.

7. Temperance says:

After only two episodes. And they are quite impressive episodes… the acting is great, and the separate scenes, and geesh, the words. Seriously, the words! Whether the overarching plot will make a lick of sense is still up in the air, but the bits are brilliant so far.