Exclusive

Grey's Anatomy Sneak Peek: R.I.P., Stephanie?

Is this the end of Stephanie? The doctors of Grey’s Anatomy certainly seem to think that it could be (and, since Jerrika Hinton is leaving, it really might be).

In this exclusive sneak peek at Thursday’s “True Colors” (ABC, 9/8c), Edwards — who just last week had her Grey Sloan privileges revoked — is seen wheeling away a patient who’s so dangerous that his disappearance with the resident sends the hospital into lockdown and Jackson into a guilt spiral: He was the one who left his ex-girlfriend alone with this guy!

What do you think? Is Stephanie a goner? Check out the video above, then hit the comments.

1. Boiler says:

What is with this obsession about killing people off on shows?? It is certainly not real life. Just let them go peacefully.

• TVFan says:

Right!!! Why can’t she just walk away.

• KCatty says:

Amen. This is why I have unplugged from Shondaland. After a season or so, her shows all devolve into crazytown as she lacks the ability to create relatable drama that can sustain a show.

• T.W.S.S. says:

Thank you. This is why I stopped watching Grey’s and haven’t even blinked at Scandal & Co. It seems like Grey’s staff has more casualties than SVU’s NYPD?

• Because then all you hear from fans are bring her back and you do know people who die in real life right

• Boiler says:

Some of us, or perhaps, most watch TV to get away from this crap, not have it shoved down our throats. And sure I do know people live forever:(

• E. D. Boddy says:

True. People were STILL demanding the return of Pam on the revival of “Dallas,” even after we were shown a death certificate and the doctor confirmed it.
        But even though people die in real life, this one hospital has had a lot of its staff die young. Even SNL isn’t cursed that badly!

• T. says:

True, look at lots of Callie fan who don’t accept that Sara left Grey’s Anatomy.

• George says:

In real life people leave jobs all the time. But that’s not dramatic, and people watch television for drama. They’re there to have their emotions beaten to tears. To accomplish that creators have to use events that aren’t common, like gory fatalities, backstabbing colleagues, secret love affairs, and suchlike.

2. Matt C. says:

I feel like this might just be a fake-out, since everyone has known Jerrika is leaving after this season. Either way, it’s a shame, because her character is easily my favorite of the current residents. I say keep Stephanie and get rid of the rest…except maybe DeLuca (if only for the eye candy!)

3. Dominique says:

i certainly hope this doesn’t mean they’re actually going to kill her off. i know opinions are divived. but out of all the new characters who’ve joined the show since it started, stephanie is one of the very few i actually really like. she’s smart, resourceful, kind, not afraid to speak her mind without being a complete and total b!tch (unlike say, another resident who joined the show along with stephanie).
    i’m gonna miss stephanie for sure. i’d just hoped that she would get suspended/fired, and maybe make a return along the way.

• Fabrizia says:

She is not kind and actually very arrogant. A few episodes ago she bullied an intern and put him in danger.

4. Larc says:

If there’s a big bad, just let Grey’s surgeons operate on him. He likely wouldn’t survive.

5. DAMN says:

I don’t think they will kill her off.
    I think she will get assaulted (possibly sexually) by the patient and become traumatized. She won’t be able to work at the hospital anymore because it will trigger her, so she leaves to be a doctor somewhere else.

• Alichat says:

Not that I’m hoping her character is sexually assaulted, but I do hope you are correct in that she’s not killed and has to leave because of some trauma she’s experienced in this hospital. It would be the smartest move for the actress and Shonda because then they can bring her back if they want.

6. Paul says:

Killing Stephanie is so unnecessary. She’s at the end of her residency. She’s been on for five years – and there were those months the show jumped into the future after Derek died.

Just have her accept a fellowship elsewhere, like John Hopkins or the Mayo Clinic.

• Fabrizia says:

If her residency ended, then so are Ben’s and Jo’s but those characters are not there yet so neither is her.

• Paul says:

All of these three characters should start next season as fellows or attendings. It’s very clear it’s a five-year residency programme and it’s also clear by dates, pregnancies and etc that five years have passed.

• Meg says:

That’s what Webber, Bailey, and Minnick were discussing in the last episode. They were going over the residents to determine fellowship recommendations. Residency is ending for them.

• Lisa Echerd says:

I agree. there is plenty of drama on this show. It’s natural for residents to move onto another hospital.

7. Alichat says:

On a side note, I’m more bothered by this closeness between Jackson and Maggie. Because…..no…..just no……let’s not go down that path people.

• Lara says:

I think I read somewhere that Maggie has an “encounter” (for lack of a better word) that isn’t entirely above board. My co-workers and I have all assumed it would be with Jackson. So…

• Alichat says:

Exactly. I have read the same thing and heard the same rumors. And….no….just no. I do not want to see that.

• Marilee says:

I would hate to see Jackson and Maggie that’s just wrong I still have hope for he and April

8. Mici says:

She hasn’t been given a decent storyline yet in years. And not to mention she’s already been cast in another show. So she is out of there.

9. Aimee says:

Why can’t they let her walk away happy? It’s not necessary for her to die and her quitting surgery is not consistent with her character. Shonda can never let a character walk away peacefully.

10. Andrew Hass says:

I wouldn’t want Stephanie to be killed off but her death could affect a lot of things.Jackson’s guilt could send him down a dark path.Or maybe Stephanie decides to just leave but her actions have consequences for other characters,

11. Panic Moon says:

Do hospitals not have building wide speaker systems anymore? “Dr Edwards to the nurses station” Problem solved.

12. fiberlicious says:

Given the brevity of the life of so many new shows, it’s a shame that SR is killing off her character – I’d love to see her back if her new show doesn’t fly.

13. Sarah says:

Look for a better way to get people off the show without using death

14. ThatOneKid says:

I don’t see why Avery is the one feeling guilty, he ain’t the one who forced her out of the surgery, making her have to take care of the guy. Seriously Minnick is to blame for this. I am seriously done with her character, she has done nothing but cause trouble. #BurnMinnickAlive

15. the cookie queen says:

She’s a goner. If I had a way to leave a show I would like to go big and heroic! So that my death would be talked about and cherished. I just wished she stabbed the guy then light him on fire. Then both of us tangled and fell in front of the oxygen and then I crawed away but still died.