Prison Break Recap Season 5

Prison Break Recap: Just Deserts

We are now two-thirds of the way through Fox’s nine-episode Prison Break revival. How much closer to freedom did Lincoln and the Ogygia Four Three get this week?

After letting C-Note fly Sheba and the girls to safety, and having already burned through their train options, Michael, Linc, Whip and Ja sought out Sheba’s pal Omar, who was about to get himself out of dodge ASAP, though he doesn’t have room for everyone in his vehivle. Omar does offer up a van he has parked in a garage down the street, if the boys can get it started, but that turns out to be a trap.

Michael, Linc and Ja managed to escape in the van and very quickly make nice with Omar, who had also pistol-whipped Whip but also represented their only “map” out of Sana’a and to Phaeacia, an idyllic-sounding little village of mud huts. Back in the States, meanwhile, A&W called in a favor from a sometime-lover at the NSA, who let her and Van Gogh “observe” as their drone tracked Kaniel Outis. But when Van Gogh — egged on by dearly departed Kellerman’s slithery No. 2, Henry Kishida — relayed Kaniel Outis’ whereabouts to ISIL forces in Sana’a, leading to a firefight at a filling station, NSA lady quickly showed her rude guests the door. And not before Michael had been able to use the gas station’s computer to send a screen capture of himself, tattooed palms up, to an Elvis-loving individual with a Southern twang, whom A&W and Van Gogh were quite puzzled to later track down and confront.

Omar wound up dying from a gunshot wound, leaving the gents to brave 300 miles of desert without guidance — and with pesky Cyclops in relentless pursuit. Michael got the idea to give Cyclops two sets of tracks to follow, and peeled off by his lonesome in one of the cars. Cyclops followed, only to have Michael “vanish” on him, by pulling the old Brick on the Gas Pedal trick. Michael and Cyclops then got into a scrape, which ended with the latter getting a screwdriver driven into his good eye, but not before Michael sustained a nasty stab wound.

Thanks to some seagulls, Lincoln and the others meanwhile found their way to Phaeacia, where they were warmly welcomed — and where Ja got the idea to use the fireworks that Omar had brought for the kiddies to signal their whereabouts to Michael. Sure ’nuff, though bleeding out and on his last legs, Michael saw the bursts and just barely made it to the village, where he promptly collapsed, desperately in need of a doctor… that doesn’t exist. (Can Sara make a “house call” via FaceTime?)

What did you think of Prison Break‘s trek to “Phaeacia”?

1. Diane says:

Loved that ending and that pig rapist getting it in the other eye.

2. Wrstlgirl says:

Hahaha, I love how they try to make us think Michael’s gonna die. Like that’s really going to happen :-) :-)

3. DD says:

I love this show, and am willing to suspend disbelief to an extent. But did Michael really think Cyclops wouldn’t just immediately shoot at him??? Also – I may have limited knowledge of computers, but Michael told whoever he was chatting with to take the screen capture, he didn’t send it!! So there is no way AW should have been able to get hold of it. Why couldn’t they just say “he was chatting with someone, and we tracked that person to this mansion”???
    On the fun side: Linc shouting Michael’s name from the top of the car was like Lily yelling for Marshall in How I Met Your Mother episode The Limo!!

4. DD says:

Also noteworthy: Per usual, Michael is willing to sacrifice himself for the team, rigging a rock-drawing lottery so he’s the one who separates from the group to divert Cyclops away from the others.

5. Wrstlgirl says:

My bf just to me “what if Sucre is Poseidon and Jacob is working for him.” Yeah night night time.

6. Nicola jones says:

I love prison break. It’s the best thing I’ve watched in a long time.

7. Chase says:

One of the worst episodes of the whole series last night. Laughable. Hope it picks back up like Episode 4.

8. Professional TV Critic says:

I can’t believe the kindly doc form Royal Pains could be a cold blooded mastermind. BTW the short haired blond “girl” is fugly !!!

9. marshall says:

Good

10. Leesa says:

I just love this show. I loved when Michael got the evil Cyclops in his good eye. However I was upset when Cyclops stabbed Michael, but I knew Michael would find his way back to his big , protective brother Lincoln. Michael is like the Phoenix. I’m looking forward to next weeks episode. I hope the show is back for a season 6.

11. gift says:

This show is just the best!! That one eye fool got it right where he should. Loved the ending and the call with linc and Sheba. Good job writers !

12. Alex says:

I just have to mention how glad I am that Michael finally had a plan and that it was like his old genius self. The plan wasn’t his best but it did the trick and showed Michael is still capable. We need more of his genius. That’s what drew me to the show back in 2005. WE NEED A SEASON 6. I’m scared about Paul’s comments on doing another season though. There has to be one last story to tell with Mahone involved. I’m so glad this revival happened. I’m very disappointed there aren’t more episodes though. I trust Wentworth and Dominic to bring another idea to Paul for one last FULL season. After all, they were the ones who got it off the ground.