Great Indoors Renewed Cancelled

Ratings: Great Indoors Dips With Finale; Scorpion Hits 3-Month Audience High

CBS’ Kevin Can Wait wrapped its freshman run on Monday with 5.7 million total viewers and a 1.1 demo rating (per finals), ticking down to hit and match series lows.

Similarly, Superior Donuts (4.8 mil/0.9) and bubble comedy The Great Indoors (39 mil/0.7) each dipped a tenth with their finales, to series lows, while Man With a Plan (5.2 mil/0.9) was flat.

Closing the Eye’s night, Scorpion, held steady in the demo (1.1) while delivering its best audience (7.5 mil) since Feb. 6.

Elsewhere….

NBC | The Voice (9.3 mil/1.9) rose a tenth week-to-week and led the night in the demo. The Wall returned to 4.7 mil/1.1, down 20 percent from its most recent, Tuesday episode but on par with its previous Monday outing.

FOX | Bubble drama Gotham (3 mil/1.0) was flat, while Lucifer (3.3 mil/0.9) dipped to match its series low.

ABC | Dancing With the Stars (10 mil/1.5) and bubble drama Quantico (2.5 mil/0.5) both dipped.

THE CW | Supergirl (1.88 mil/0.6) rose one tenth, while Jane the Virgin (990K/0.4) grew by two.

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Piers says:

Scorpion meets Lost was great! Just love the entire cast.

• Wrstlgirl says:

Same here. Even with as ridiculous as their genius is this cast is smooth as ever. These last episodes have been fantastic!!

2. Kevin Tran says:

What are the chances Great Indoors gets renewed? Joel McHale is funnier than ever and I always like him on Community.

• Patrick says:

It is probably done. I enjoyed it, but the numbers just weren’t there. The premise got old very quickly, and the cast never meshed.

• digitalred93 says:

Sadly, I agree, but it’s a shame. McHale and Fry were great (always are!), but the millennial cast always seemed a bit too aware of the cameras, sometimes pausing too long (for a laugh) before moving on with the story.

• Lynn says:

Fry is my favorite character I wish he had more screen time and yea they could stand to get rid of Eddie

• jericho says:

I think they waited to ditch the premise for far too long. The Cast wasn’t bad though. Mchale and Stephen Fry were almost always awesome. Emma, Clark and Brooke weren’t bad, but Eddie was just there to complain. He and Mason had single episodes about themselves. They waited on the “sam/diane” relationships for far too long in the season and it hurt. I’d love to see them come back with a more mature Clark and getting rid of Eddie and the “fiance” (and the idiot receptionist that never did anything) and see what they could do.

• Keith says:

One of my favorite comedies. I think the millennials are a very funny part of the show. I hope it returns. I don’t watch Man with a Plan or Kevin Can Wait.

3. chadcronin says:

People must be outside or something as it was a part 2 for Kevin Can Wait and it was really funny as I just love Leah Remini.

4. skrable2a says:

It’s not a big deal and, with the ability to record or stream, it’s nearly meaningless these days … but can someone explain why Scorpion is a 10 p.m. show? It’s filled with good humor, light romance and the sort of clever danger that might appeal to kids — especially since there’s a great kid role model in Ralph.

• KLS says:

It should be on at 8 or 9pm, but CBS has no room for it. Monday is the only place for it and they are hell bent on squeezing 2 hrs of mediocre comedy there. You should be thankful thay didn’t push it off to Sunday @10!

• Boiler says:

Get rid of 3 of the comedies, put 2 Broke Girls there, move Scoripion up an hour and Elementary last

5. Wrstlgirl says:

I don’t know what to think about Gotham. I’m just bored to death with this Owl story line. The best part of last nights ep was the very end with Selina and the cats :-)

6. Boiler says:

Well the CBS comedy ratings should guarantee 2 Broke Girls back. Put them with Kevin and move Elementary to Monday

7. Billy Bob Johnson says:

Go Scorpion! Great episode. Can’t wait to see how they get off the island (and NO GLOBETROTTERS!). The other thing I’m curious about is how did Sylvester grow such a bushy beard in only 3 weeks, yet none of the other guys even have a tiny whisker?

8. Beachitgirl says:

Lucifer is the fault of Fox and it’s squirrely programing. It is the BEST SHOW on TV right now. That show was gathering steam and taking off when it went on that hiatus. I bet so many people don’t even know its back on. Seriously wonder what the Fox marketing department does sometimes.

• KLS says:

They sacrficed Lucifer and Gotham for 24:Legacy and APB, almost single handedly ruining all four! Does anyone still work at FOX?

• X-Files last year was shorter and was an OK lead back into Gotham. 24 is a different audience and longer. It is pushing Gotham into June. I want Gotham to be renewed since I podcast on it and think it is a well written series.

9. Gerald says:

Come on Gotham. I have fingers crossed. I imagine Live plus 3 and 7 are good for Gotham, but good enough???

10. Sam says:

I haven’t watched Supergirl since Season 1. Only watched this episode for James. It was a great episode but once again I’m out because since Supergirl came to the CW it turned became trash a.k.a Mon-El.

• Toni says:

The least you can do is tell a lie that makes sense. You haven’t watched since season 1 because it became trash on the CW. That means you also didn’t watch the Superman episodes which had no Mon-El so you obviously chose not to watch it before anyone knew much about that character. And worse, how can you call it trash when the only episode you claim to have watched this season was great?

• Rex the Wonder Dog says:

If you haven’t watched Supergirl how can you make any sort of judgement about the quality?

11. Lynn says:

I like the characters on Lucifer and like when it’s about them and it can be funny as well but the part I can’t stand is the case of the week. Case of the week shows bore me to death. Why would I care who killed some character I don’t even know. The only shows I’ve been able to watch like that are the X-Files and the Blacklist because the cases are unusual and interesting and usually relate to the main characters in some way. I mean Lucifer last week with that case about the rock band I was like who honestly cares about these people which made me not watch this week

• Wrstlgirl says:

I’m not a big fan of the case of the week shows either. I found myself fast forwarding through parts of Lethal Weapon and The Blacklist because I just didn’t care. I watch them on Lucifer though because he’s just so dang funny.