The Flash Trailer Teases Barry vs. Barry, Captain Cold's Return and... Iris' Death?

When it comes to Barry Allen’s future, Cisco sums it up best in the new Flash trailer: “It’s all coming together… in the worst way.”

As the fateful day of Iris’ death nears, Barry prepares to battle himself in Savitar and reaches out to Captain Cold for help (with breaking into A.R.G.U.S.?) in the above preview for Season 3’s final episodes, kicking off Tuesday at 8/7c on The CW. Meanwhile, Joe — recognizing Savitar as “a deeply wounded soul” — tries to appeal to the Big Bad’s emotions as his former father. But it might all be too little, too late: The Scarlet Speedster is left cradling a limp Iris in his arms as his foe declares, “You lose, Barry.”

Elsewhere in the video: A bed-ridden Wally apologizes for letting Barry down; Lyla confronts Cisco about spying on her; King Shark makes his return; and Killer Frost finds herself on the receiving end of Savitar’s wrath.

Press PLAY above to watch the trailer, then hit the comments with your thoughts on the Barry vs. Barry showdown.

1. Emily says:

I think we all know Iris is not gonna die, but I’m hoping they manage to play a trick on Savitar. He thinks she’s dead, then she walks in like “Thought you’d seen the last of me…”

2. Emily says:

3. LK says:

Nice to see Cold back… I wish that Flash would do more with the Rogues… they have historically been such a big part of the comics and we really havent had any episodes where they all team up and take on the Flash.

4. Mik says:

Glad to finally have a Sizzle! I’m sure Barry will save Iris, he has to.

5. Jared says:

Iris is gonna die and next season will be how they get her back.

6. Cb says:

Its obviously barry from the crisis in the newspaper. Only future flash that has been mentioned and never seen

7. Ted says:

I hope Cold is alive and well in the current day. Given that he died in a weird time-explosion and spent some time kicking around an alternate timeline, it’d be nice if they were able to create some kind of paradox that allowed an evolved Snart to be around in current continuity.

8. Mo says:

Captain Cold, King Shark, Lyla and Argus YEEEEEES!
    Between this trailer & the finale synopsis sounds like everyone is going down with Barry last one standing ’cause duh to go emo-a-emo with SaviBarry. This better end with Barry stepping up & offing himself like Eddie or this season is a total waste of time.

9. Bill says:

I’m more excited about seeing King Shark!

10. Sonyie says:

It’s a crazy story line and to be honest we a tab bit twisted. If I was Iris I would be very concerned that my fiance in the future is coming back to kill me. To much there love story has been twisted.

11. Katherine215 says:

I’m really unclear how a Barry from any point in time could kill Iris. Ever. They’re going to have to work hard to convince me this story line isn’t completely implausible.

• Mo says:

Between this and 2024 FlashBarry It’s almost as if the show is reversing itself on the ‘no Iris without Flash’ Maybe they finally realize how ridiculous that line is.

12. Joey Padron says:

The trailer for new episodes looks really good. Happy Captain Cold is back on the show again!

13. This season has been amazing. I love this show so much and I can’t wait for the next episodes.
    Love the entire cast too. Keep up the good work, you guys.

14. Gift says:

whatever they want to do, do it fast! I can’t wait to see the outcome of what happens in the end.

15. MZapsky says:

Ugh looks like they did go with the whole “I need you to suffer because suffering made me who I am. If you don’t suffer I don’t exist.”

Lame

16. Gift says:

And yes glad (Michael Scofield) captain cold is back.

17. GambitGrey says:

I think Joe is going to die while wearing the mask that H.R. uses for the museum. (the mask that changes his face to someone elses)

18. dutraok says:

I can se Barry killing himself to prevent his future self from existing (and killing Iris)

19. Rendezvous says:

One slightly plausible way for Barry to take down Savitar is to chop off his own leg leaving them both handicapped. Then hopefully Savitar would be easy pickings for Cisco and possibly Killer Frost if she is so inclined to help.