Frequency No Tomorrow The CW Cancelled

Frequency, No Tomorrow Cancelled

It’s official: The CW has axed freshman dramas Frequency and No Tomorrow, TVLine has confirmed.

The news isn’t really a huge surprise: Neither show got an order for additional episodes last fall, capping their freshman seasons at 13 episodes each. Both shows wrapped up their initial runs in January, but The CW’s president Mark Pedowitz promised that fans of both shows would get closure “on the digital side” if they weren’t renewed.

Frequency, a reboot of the 2000 movie, starred Peyton List as a cop who reconnects with her dead father through a magical radio. (List has since signed on to join the cast of CBS’ NASA pilot Mission Control.) No Tomorrow, a quirky rom-com in the vein of Jane the Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, starred Tori Anderson as a straight-laced girl who falls for an impulsive guy (Galavant‘s Joshua Sasse) who believes the apocalypse is coming soon.

The double cancellation leaves Riverdale as the only CW freshman drama to score a Season 2 renewal, which it locked down back in March.

Will you miss Frequency and/or No Tomorrow? Hit the comments and make a case for another network to pick them up.

1. Andrew says:

I wonder if this means they’ll each receive an additional episode to wrap things up… or if they’ll get a blurb on the CW Seed website. “Getting closure on the digital side” could mean anything really.

• stacy030 says:

I think it mean “If we wait until May to cancel, maybe no one will remember that I promised closure”.

2. Lucy says:

Does this mean anything for iZombie?

• Steveo says:

It means iZOMBIE is competing with just THE ORIGINALS and the new pilots for time slots and not those AND these shows.

• Ella says:

I think things look good for iZombie! Pretty sure they’ll renew everything else (otherwise why not announce it all at once?) and do their usual 3 new pilots. With these two gone plus TVD and Reign being cancelled they have the room in the schedule. Nothing that doesn’t already have a full order 22 ep order can sustain one so it seems like they’ll stick with short orders.

• stacy030 says:

I’m somewhat hopeful for iZombie. Not counting shows that only lasted a season, I really can’t remember the last time the CW cancelled a show without giving it an ending.

Unfortunately, I think there is a good chance that next season will be the last.

3. nhogan47 says:

Eh. If Peyton List’s new show gets picked up I’ll be pretty happy. Although if not, I’d like to see her back as Lisa Snart.

• Goldenvibefan says:

Well if season 4 ends up being rogue centric, it would definitely make sense to bring her back, as she is one of the main rogues in comics :)

4. Daisy F. says:

I watched both and liked Frequency, but I LURVED No Tomorrow. It was refreshing to watch a show that was lighthearted and sometimes a little zany. I thought the leads were incredibly appealing and had a nice chemistry, and the supporting characters were funny and likable. I watch so many heavy dramas that No Tomorrow was a really fun change of pace for me. It’s the show I will miss the most! I’m not surprised, but I am SO disappointed. *sigh*

• Patrick says:

CW has learned how hard it is to sustain the lighthearted writing on its dramas. That worked against No Tomorrow.

• ninergrl6 says:

I agree, Daisy. I gave up Thus Is Us, which everyone raves about, in favor of No Tomorrow, which was much more enjoyable for me.

5. Indeed, not very surprising – but I’d rather like to know if iZombie is coming back. :p

6. Thomas says:

I liked both shows a lot, but No Tommorow was different and funny will miss it and hope I can watch the fist season again soon.

7. T.W.S.S. says:

I hope Peyton List’s TV career doesn’t go the way of Elizabeth Mitchel’s. They’re both great actresses, but whenever they headline a series (as opposed to joining an established show), it gets canceled after a year or two.

8. Dominique says:

damn. i didn’t watch no tomorrow, but frequency was a very intriguing show that somehow ended up being incredibly confusing.
    the series finale ended with everyone being back to where they were in the series premiere; raimy was a detective engaged to be married, has a mother she’s close to, and a father who died (tho in this case, i guess he died in the car accident when she was an adult, and not in a shootout when she was a kid). the nightingale killer hadn’t been caught yet, and was most likely going after raimy and/or her family. it was a real shame. the show had potential but i feel like they had absolutely no idea where to take it in case it wouldn’t get renewed.
    i’m glad peyton list has a new show, she was essentially the reason i started watching in the first place. hopefully she can pop up on an arrowverse show every now and then.

9. Albert says:

Not suprised but I’m still a little curious how Riverdale will make it next year unless teens binge watch it over the summer. The amount of publicity I seen for that show it has to be somewhat disappointing that it barely gets a million viewers.

10. Kevin Tran says:

Another Peyton List series on the CW bites the dust. First Tomorrow People and now Frequency.

11. Darlene Lomax says:

I love frequency. I thought they represented the two decades really well

12. Ray says:

No surprise there, but it’s a shame about No Tomorrow. It was a really cute, quirky and enjoyable show that I enjoyed immensely.

13. Anne says:

I really liked Frequency. It was spectacular

14. chadcronin says:

This is so off. I dislike shows and they almost always get renewed. I watched both of these and liked them so both get canceled. I am glad to see they are trying different things and hope it continues.

15. Jason says:

Expected. I enjoyed Frequency, but after it’s awesome pilot, it didn’t hold together as well as it could have. I adore Peyton List though, so here’s hoping she finds something worthy of her, pronto. Maybe a return to Flash as Golden Glider. I’d love to see her and Gypsy fight over Cisco’s affection. Literally.

16. Rt says:

Let us be happy that frequency ended without that much of a cliffhanger

17. Michael Summerset says:

So there’s no tomorrow for No Tomorrow.

But there’s no surprise with these cancellations either. They just didn’t have the ratings.

18. Goldenvibefan says:

This doesn’t really surprise me much. I’ll miss seeing Peyton List on my tv screen weekly though. Though this does allow her to go back to Flash as Golden Glider, so there’s an upside. Hopefully it happens, since I really want the rogues to be the main villains of season 4 of flash.

19. Meghan says:

Knew it was coming but I really would have enjoyed another batch of No Tomorrow. Imminent disaster and all, it was just so delightful.

20. stacy030 says:

I watch Freqency in Netflix this weekend. I enjoyed it, but I’m ok with it. It getting another season. And I’m so glad they didn’t end the season in a big cliffhanger. (Just a small one).

But, I really liked Peyton List. I hope this new show last for a while.

21. Meg says:

Sucks, I really ended up enjoying No Tomorrow.

22. Phil says:

No Tomorrow really should have had the balls to end episode 13 with the asteroid hitting Earth.

23. PatriciaLee says:

Bummer, I loved Frequency. They should give us a TV movie.

24. Sad says:

Darn, I was hoping for a post-apocalyptic season 2 of No Tomorrow about this crew after the meteor hits. Hopefully Sir Galavant will get a new show quickly.

25. Sheldon Wiebe says:

Frequency didn’t do anything for me but I really enjoyed No Tomorrow – and it seemed to get positive responses at certain TV fests overseas.

Pity it didn’t do better on this continent…

26. ninergrl6 says:

I liked No Tomorrow but it wasn’t given a solid chance. Maybe paired with Jane or CEG or even Supergirl it could’ve built some momentum, but not up against the smash hit This Is Us.

27. Renee says:

Really enjoyed Frequency, was hoping for a season 2. Watched the entire series on Netflix, maybe they will pick it up.

28. Laurianne says:

Oh no, not another amazing show cancelled after 1 freaking season…. I LOVE Frequency , i will miss it a lot..

29. Cynthia says:

I watched them both but will also miss No Tomorrow the most. It took me a while to warm up but loved it and was hoping for a 2nd season.

30. Kerri says:

I loved Frequency. Totally bummed this isn’t coming back. :( :( :(

31. Karin says:

I enjoy both shows. There is so much bad tv that when you find something good, it is disappointing that the executives in power can’t recognize good shows and keep them going.

32. Beata Bialko says:

Frequency was such a brilliant show with amazing characters and an awesome father/daughter story! Really really really want a second season! Maybe Netflix????

33. Laura says:

Please bring back Frequency!! There is so much that the show can show us and revile. It is one of the best scientific tv series I have seen in a long time. Viewers want to see what will happen to Frank and Ramy so dont leave us hanging.

34. Chad says:

Always when I get in a show they cancel!

35. Vanessa says:

Ugh!!!! I fell in love with No Tomorrow!!! C,’Mon.

36. Nicole says:

I loved No Tomorrow! It was so funny and I liked every character :( I didn’t even know it was a CW show though, I watched it on Netflix. Guess it goes to show how much work they put into putting it out there. I hope the digital conclusion actually comes through.

37. Stasia says:

No Tomorrow was one of the best Romantic shows CW has ever made and I’m pissed … BRING IT BACK!!

38. Donna J Kaufman says:

I loved frequency, it had such good suspense and plot twists, I will miss it.

39. Presli says:

Im so sad to see ‘no tomorrow’ go!! it was my favorite. i sincerely hope some station will pick it up! so disappointed :(