Game of Thrones Season 7

Game of Thrones: 4 Spinoffs Eyed

HBO is making plans for life after Game of Thrones — by green-lighting a lot more Game of Thrones.

A spokesperson for the cable net confirms that it has inked deals with four writers — Jane Goldman (X-Men), Brian Helgeland (Mystic River) , Carly Wray (Mad Men) and Max Borenstein (Godzilla, Kong: Skull Island) — to “explore different time periods of George R. R. Martin’s vast and rich universe. There is no set timetable for these projects. We’ll take as much or as little time as the writers need and, as with all our development, we will evaluate what we have when the scripts are in.”

The spokesperson added that GoT showrunners Dan Weiss and David Benioff “continue to work on finishing up the seventh season and are already in the midst of writing and preparing for the eighth and final season. We have kept them up to date on our plans and they will be attached, along with Martin, as executive producers on all projects. We will support them as they take a much deserved break from writing about Westeros once the final season is complete.”

There’s no word if the various projects will be prequels or sequels.

Game of Thrones‘ penultimate, seven-episode seventh season is set to premiere on Sunday, July 16, with the eighth and final season slated to follow in Summer 2018.

Kit Harington recently assured fans that what Season 7 lacks in quantity it will more than make up for in quality. “They spent an increasing amount of money on less episodes, so it’s gonna be much bigger in scale, the CGI,” Jon Snow’s portrayer said. “We’re trying new things, experimenting with new camera techniques. I think we’re trying to break boundaries and push past boundaries in these final two seasons.”

1. Thea says:

I know everyone’s keen for a Robert’s Rebellion prequel, but I’d love to see the Targaryen Conquest or the Dance of the Dragons.

2. Dan says:

Sounds like too much of a good thing.

3. Alixana says:

Please be Dunk and Egg…please be Dunk and Egg…please…

4. Gaara says:

I’d love:
    – Duncan the Tall & Egg
    – Aegon the Conqueror and his sisters
    – Robert’s rebellion
    – something set in the lands beyond Essos (The World of Ice & Fire gave interesting info about them, I want to know more)

5. Schatzi49 says:

More, more, more, please

6. Joey says:

I’m perfectly okay with this as long as Benioff and Weiss are NOT involved in any way.

• Cory says:

Why not?

• Joey says:

Because they’re horrible writers who have utterly butchered the storylines and characters I’ve loved while reading the series. Making changes when going from the written word to the screen is inevitable, but the changes have to make sense within the context of the overall universe, which, the further along they get in the show, make less and less sense and are only instituted for drama and ratings.

• Derrick says:

I’m sure they will take that into consideration

• Derrick says:

I’m sure they will take that into consideration when making a decision. Haha!

7. Nerwen Aldarion says:

I’m excited because this means they aren’t limiting themselves and they recognize the opportunities that there are with the huge universe that GRRM created.

My hopes for these four are:
    Roberts Rebellion (probably the most popular and likely candidate for a spin off)
    Dunk and Egg (Has a ready made story already thanks to GRRM)
    Aegon the Conquerer (because that would be pretty neat to see the Targaryans taking over Westeros
    And Dance with Dragons War (The war of five kings but with dragons!)

8. Steve F. says:

As previous posters have said, please let one of these be the tales of Dunk and Egg! Robert’s Rebellion and/or the Dance of the Dragons would also be nice, as well as the Blackfyre Rebellion.

9. Lyndy says:

Yes please but I’m bit concerned that Dan & David are not going to be the writers…they brought this series to life esp for the non-book readers. I hope the writers they go with are just as good as D&D or better

• Joey says:

A script written in the style of “See Spot Run” would be better than anything D&D have churned out.

• Lyndy says:

Yet here you are watching the show with the rest of us…*eyeroll* Take a seat!

• Joey says:

It’s pretty comparable to the garbage fire I drove past this morning on my way to work.

• Bkborn1 says:

A garbage fire that you have watched for 7 years?
            Might need to find a new hobby…lol

• Derrick says:

K have watched for 7 season also and there is much to be critical of. Yes it’s good but, I now only watch the season once it has finished because they drag out one major item ( Tyrion’s trial) for an entire season and then end the season TBC on the next season. We had an entire season with that being the major issue. Absolutely unacceptable but yet here I am :)

10. peterwdawson says:

I’m a sucker for anthology pieces, wouldn’t mind one where Richard E Grant’s performing troupe recreate tales, but as they start to perform and Grant narrates we transition into the actual events but with him narrating.

11. T.W.S.S. says:

I’ve been telling people for years that I’ll watch GoT when it’s done, but if it’s gonna be a whole TV universe…

12. Liz says:

Can we leave GRRM alone to finish writing the books please????

13. Lazada says:

HBO added that the creators and showrunners of the main series, D. B. Weiss and David Benioff, are continuing to work on finishing the upcoming seventh season of “Game of Thrones” and are “in the midst of writing and preparing for the eighth and final season” but would be attached, along with Martin, as executive producers.

14. Rachel says:

I’d love to see Aegon the Conqueror, Dunk and Egg, Dance of the Dragons, and something to do with the Doom of Valyria.

15. Danny N says:

The story of Rheagar Targaryen

16. I love the idea of the travels of Bronn and Podrick. I have heard that idea is being floated around by HBO, and would be awesome! They are good when together.