Once Upon a Time Musical Evil Queen

Once Upon a Time Musical Sneak Peek: Evil Queen Brings Heat, Hating on Love

“Love Doesn’t Stand a Chance,” the Evil Queen declares in this rockin’ and rousin’ tune from Once Upon a Time‘s musical episode (airing Sunday at 8/7c, on ABC).

Released earlier on Wednesday by the Oh My Disney Facebook page (but too 🔥 not to pass along), this sneak peek showcases Lana Parrilla and a chorus of other familiar faces as the Evil Queen makes clear her stance on that thing called love.

“It’s a lot of fun,” Parrilla raved of this particular number, during my visit to the set. “Basically the lyrics are ‘down with love, down with hope’ — so, all the things that she doesn’t believe in that everyone else does. She’s basically saying that she’s going to rip [the songs] out of everyone, and she’s going to break the spell. It’s just the queen being her typical self!”

In both this number and the “Charmings vs. Evil Queen” sing-off, Parrilla performs as Regina’s fairy tale alter ego, which she said “really made a big difference, because as the Queen she has more of a guttural kind of alto, deeper voice.

“It’s more raspy,” she noted, than Regina’s, which is featured a bit in the big group number, “A Happy Beginning.”

Check out this bit of magical deliciousness below:

1. Lola says:

I’ve been quite bored with Once but I’m really looking forward to this. Great clip.

2. gil says:

dramatic. But such off key singing or shall i call it talking singing. And woah too much breasts on show lol.

3. SamofSherwood says:

Uh.. I prefer Colin’s song, this is a bit too Rocky Horror for me but I’m excited to hear the rest of them, squee! why can’t it be Sunday? ;)

4. Carmen says:

Wow wow wow you can tell say that that didn’t turn you in and that was way better than Colins performance just wow that was fracking hotttg!!🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥❤❤❤

5. A Cat says:

I prefer the Evil Queen one to the Pirate one. Her performance is a lot more exciting.

6. Claire says:

Wow, she can’t sing at all. Love that Lana tried, though!

7. Brittany says:

Still trying to separate the queen from Regina. Same person, same deeds. But this wasn’t that good. People saying it’s better than Colin’s? HA! Colin sang perfectly and felt natural. This is like the evil queen just starts dancing and it feels off and over the top to cheesy level.

• Bryan87 says:

I… think you missed the whole point of the plot? It is literally every single characater randomly breaking into song and dance because of a spell. That’s the whole point and it is addressed in the songs too. But then again a lot of comments here sound like the usual character x vs. character y fandom childishness again…

8. Cheryl Stocking says:

This was OK a bit campy liked Colin’s song and the way he sang it a lot better I still have the song in my head.

9. Cath963 says:

Just saying I feel the start is intentional “talk” singing a bit because the EQ is resisting the urge to sing then she breaks out into full on song anyway

10. This just makes me miss “Galavant” all the more.

11. Janet says:

Hello, I live in Chico. Ca. Once upon a time, is my favorite TV show. I only have an indoor antenna and recently I lost the channel and a couple of others. I usually get it on ABC. I have missed it badly. Any suggestions on how to get it in?

12. alycia says:

Love her and once upon a time make season 7 regena needs happy ending

13. SamofSherwood says:

The album has shot to number three in the Soundtrack chart & in the top twenty overall on U.K. iTunes, conclusion, Once is not dead, please renew ABC!

14. SB says:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the character’s burst into song because someone did a spell so that they’d all live happily ever after? That is EXACTLY what happened in the Buffy musical episode “Once More With Feeling”.

15. Butch says:

No comments on Giancarlo Esposito, being back as the Magic Mirror and singing? Where are the Once fans? Clip was fun. Looking forward to this episode.

16. Meme says:

It was really good , singing and the dancing!