Shadowhunters Renewed Season 3

Shadowhunters Renewed for Season 3

It seems there’s no end in sight for Jace and Clary’s war against Valentine — Freeform is renewing Shadowhunters for a third season, TVLine has learned.

This news comes just two days after Freeform held its annual upfront presentation in New York, which — due to scheduling conflicts — the Shadowhunters gang was unable to attend.

The second half of Season 2, currently being filmed in Toronto, premieres Monday, June 5 at 8/7c. As TVLine exclusively reported, Will Tudor (Game of Thrones, Humans) is joining the cast as Sebastian, an iconic character from Cassandra Clare’s Mortal Instruments novels, upon which the series is based.

“We really put our own spin on him the character,” showrunner Todd Slavkin tells TVLine. “As we’ve done with all the episodes you’ve seen, we’ve always had our own spin on everything — and Sebastian is no different.”

Your hopes for Shadowhunters‘ third season? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. Alex Jones says:

uh wasn’t this renewed a week or two ago?

2. Rithvik Lee Pack says:

YESSSSSS FINALLY

3. fernando933 says:

So now that PLL isn’t ending I guess this show will be the face of Freeform. They are doing good by releaseing all of Beyond and Famous in Love episode on hulu. I hope they do that will all their shows from now on

4. Paula says:

This show in current form is pure drivel. Freeform should have simply cancelled the ‘parent’ series and launched a spinoff with the characters of Magnus Bane and Alec Lightwood (actors Harry Shum Jr. and Matthew Daddario). The couple known as Malec has true charisma and display remarkable onscreen chemistry!

5. ninergrl6 says:

Woohoo! Love me some Malec. Hopefully we see some candid relationship-building moments between them, not just life-and-death situations.

6. Tai says:

I knew it was coming but I’m still excited. I love this cast. Their characters sometimes frustrate me but the cast are all wonderful. Looking forward to more Malec in the future

7. Deven says:

I only watch this horrid show for Malec! Clace is pretty terrible and their chemistry is just shocking!! Just do a spin Off of Malec and be done with it!

8. Anne says:

Fantastic!

9. Lorraine says:

I love the show but I would love to see more of Izzy and Clary together either like Alec and Jace. Maybe some clicks inside both of them and they become romantically involved. Either way it would be hot especially like Alec and Jace. Something to thing about your viewers would love it.

10. Jazmen says:

Lov it. Can’t wait to c more on what happens to Alex and Magnus or clary and her ordeal

11. Britt says:

So after the finale Monday the 14th when will there be more episodes? Completely love this show!

12. Ashley says:

I really hope there will be more jace and clary moments along with Alec and Magnus. And I hope jace will be fine.