Arrow Trailer Teases Returns, 'Olicity,' Black Siren, Alliance With [Spoiler!?]

The final five episodes of Arrow Season 5 feature a flurry of returns (and “returns”), including a potentially surprising Deathstroke encore.

In a new trailer released on Thursday (and embedded above), Adrian Chase aka Prometheus has been in the wind for a week, but a final face-off with Oliver seems inevitable. Familiar faces in unexpected places, meanwhile, include Yao Fei and Evelyn/Artemis, while Katrina Law’s Nyssa al Ghul resurfaces rarin’ to teach her big sister Talia a lesson. (“Training day,” anyone?)

You’ll also see Team Arrow clash with Helix-affiliated Felicity, who appears to entrap Oliver at one point. And yes, there’s a cozy “Olicity” clinch, though I will remind you that Episode 20 features some new flashbacks, as the estranged lovers revisit their breakup.

The final image, though, is one to ponder, as Oliver slips into Slade Wilson’s Lian Yu prison to… invite his arch enemy to suit up??

Arrow returns Wednesday, April 26 with the first of Season 5’s final five episodes.

Want more scoop on Arrow, or for any other show? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. bob says:

oliver wasent just trained by talia lol i always remember the scene with oliver against slade and he said to oliver dont forget who taught you how to fight i really hope theres alot of conversations about talia between oliver and Merlyn and even nyssa

• Trey says:

I was about to make the same comment! In addition to Talia and Slade, he had Yao Fe, ARGUS, and the Bratva train him while he was gone for 5 years and then Ra’s al Ghul and Malcolm Merlyn train him since he’s been back. Prometheus only had two years of training from one person.

2. Dominique says:

now THIS looks really awesome, i’m so excited about the upcoming episodes and all these returns! would it be too much to ask for manu, katrina and nick to share a scene? make it a full on spartacus reunion.

3. Julie says:

This looks amazing! I can’t wait to see what happens next! Prometheus is a great villain, nice job Josh Segarra!
    Also, after 84 years we finally have some cool Olicity stuff coming up!!!!!!

4. Luis Roman says:

Yao Fei – flashback? ghost? walking dead?

5. sarah t says:

I have to say, the last 5 episodes look better than the entire season so far. Guess I’ll have to pick it back up.

• 134sc says:

The majority of the season has been as good as that trailer. Youve been missing out.

• Liz says:

I don’t know, I think this season has been hit and miss. Some very strong episodes and some very weak ones where the characters felt unrecognisable. The only thing I do admit is the stunts/action this season has been some of the best in a long time.

• Lex says:

They definitely have improved. They were really… unimpressive in season 4.

• kath says:

I agree, this season hasn’t been stellar. Too many episodes of pointless characters (the newbies, Susan) and too little of decent plotting. The show shouln’td wait until the 9th episode to start the real storytelling, (and we shouldn’t have to wait till 5×20 to find out why Oliver and Felicity are so bizarre around each other) and then waste another four treading water.
          Hopefully it will gt tighter and better now that they’re ramping up to the finale.

6. JC1 says:

Talia vs Nyssa……damn you Arrow. Just when I thought I was out. *grumble grumble* LOL. I need to stop saying I’m quitting this show, because it always manages to do something to (at least partially) pull me back.
    The problem is, when it’s good, it’s really good. It’s just not at all consistent. :(

7. Carla Krae says:

“Hey, kid. I’m glad you came back.” Woot!

8. datdudemurphy says:

I need the final episodes to be amazing. This has been a pretty good season, I’d hate to see it come off the rails at the end.

9. Death says:

olicity is rising #blessed

10. ABC says:

Olicity, OTA, Talia vs Nyssa, Prometheus… The last 5 episodes are going to be AMAZING

11. Joey Padron says:

The trailer for the final new episodes of season 5 looks really good! Excited for OTA, Nyssa vs Talia fight, the encounter of Black Canary with Black Siren, the return of Slade and along other things. Can’t wait to watch the new episodes!

12. ScottJ says:

Slade Wilson is going to have to appear with his face hidden or masked. Manu Bennett denies going back as he was busy filming Shannara in New Zealand at the time.

• Butch says:

Could be true. Lots of back and forth about that. They are still filming finale until I think today or tomorrow. Some people have claimed they have seen him in Vancouver.

Looking forward to Lance meeting Black Siren for first time.

• Liz says:

The paps have photographs of him in Vancouver. He was there. I don’t know why Manu was denying it. Maybe he wanted it to be a surprise.

• fatalsin says:

Maybe he wasnt allowed to say… I know like on Kimmel the Guardians of the Galaxy 2 cast was on and He asked about Infinity War and if any of them were in it… and basically they said we cant say.. contracts and agreements and all so maybe Manu was under the same type of instructions

• Lizzie says:

The weird thing is, Manu’s denials came after both Stephen Amell and one of the showrunners had confirmed his appearance on twitter. So there was no need for him to deny it. The whole thing was strange. I did wonder if he was having some kind of meltdown to be honest.

13. Butch says:

Since Prometheus has mentioned he knows about Oliver’s son I can’t imagine he won’t go after the son and the baby Mama. Everybody is going to be back except Tommy, Oliver’s parents, and Arsenal .

14. Liz says:

I don’t even care if that Olicity scene is flashback. Their chemistry is still on fire, even in that brief scene! Wowza! I’m just gonna enjoy whatever Olicity we get as I miss them together a lot. Mostly I’m just looking forward to the pair of them talking again, properly.

Excited to see Slade return and Nyssa vs Talia. Awesome!

15. Lex says:

I don’t want to get my hopes up, but this could be a fantastic run of episodes.

16. Gift says:

This is exciting!!!!! Can’t wait.

17. Brenna says:

I am extremely excited for all of this!!

18. Mark says:

Nyssa about damn time, she came into it and said hello to her sister….

19. Maria says:

I’m so happy! Olicity, Thea, OTA!